What Can I Do to Fix my Wide-spaced Breasts?

I'm 19 but my breasts are wide spaced and unattractive so I am considering surgery options. 5'9, 120 pounds, very thin but well-proportioned. I have a good 2- 2 1/2 inches between my C cups and this area is EXTREMELY flat and boney. It is genetic. The upper center of my chest is also boney. You can see my ribs. You can't tell I am c cup. My boyfriend says I'm crazy, but I honestly want surgery so I can know what it's like for once to have some cleavage. I feel so unfeminine! Is there anything I can do?

+1

This is a very difficult problem. If you place the implants too closely to achieve cleavage, you will risk seeing ripples along the inner surface of the breasts. Fat grafing in an otpion but still in its relative infancy and you may not have sufficent fat.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Widely spaced breasts may be treated using a few different options

+1

Implants are often used to fill in the space found on or around the breastbone(sternum). In some cases larger implants are necessary to create medial fullness of the breast.

Breast lifts(mastopexy) may also be used as a way to manipulate the tissues in the center of the chest such that a fullness of the cleavage is created. In most cases an implant  and a breastlift are combined to create this desired result.

Breasts far apart

+1

You hit the nail on the head, you are destined by your anatomy.  Cleavage is blocked by the muscle insertion.

Breasts that are too far apart

+1

A picture isn't necessary. From the description it's clear that your breasts are much farther apart than average. The average is about 1 1/4 inches from my study on the subject (in patients for breast augmentation). The answer is also the same. I would strongly advise against trying to move them or make them appear closer together, particularly with C cup size breast already. 

Implants can make the cleavage steeper and more defined but not bring the breasts closer together. Attempts to simulate a breast edge with an implant that is too wide for the true breast width are tricky to get stable and look natural. They are more like breast reconstruction after a mastectomy. It is possible the new form-stable or "gummy bear" 4th generation gel implants will help with this but the minimum size increase with an implant is a cup size which put you up in the D cup range. 

Fat grafting might be a way to expand or extend the medial border or width of the breast contour. I'm not convinced that the amounts required for this are feasible or reasonable at this time and there are still questions about grafting fat into or around an organ that is prone to cancer. 

Gaining weight is certainly not good advice but it might make the central chest area look less boney. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fix my wide-spaced breasts

+1

With NO photos very hard to determine the issue and if it is correctable. See 3 boarded plastic surgeons. Be careful maybe your realistic expectations are not on course. Be careful.

From MIAMI DR. B

Widely separated breasts (large intermammary space)

+1

I recommend a visit to a plastic surgeon for full evaluation to rule out things like a pectus.  Implants with a wide diameter may do the trick.  Conversely, some anatomy can be fixed, some corrected, and some we have to accept.  Only an evaluation can tell.

Breast augmentation for wide-spaced breasts

+1

The distance between breasts can be improved with a number of techniques but it's important to be seen by a plastic surgeon first-- sometimes you have this improved with implants alone, but there are other options available to you.  It's important to remember that there is naturally some bit of distance between the two breasts even in ideal anatomy, and your plastic surgeon will be able to go over this with you in detail at your consultation.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Options for natural wide space between breasts

+1

Without seeing you personally, no one can give you specific advice but here are a few general comments. Fat grafting can sometimes be done to conceal areas that are too thin, though this would not improve the cleavage in terms of the breasts as much. It may be worth considering low-profile implants to round out the base diameter of the breasts although this would of course make them larger. A lift wouldn't do it.