I Am 15 and Have Size 32E Breasts Would I Be Able to Get a Breast Reduction, and if So How Would I Go About It?

So i am a size 32E and my breasts prevent me from playing some sports and swimming.I have really bad self confidence and self-esteem issues and suffer from back cramps I also now have very rounded shoulders which I did not have until my breasts got so large, my breasts have not grown for at least a year and a half. Can i get a reduction?

Breast Reduction for Teenager

+1

It sounds like you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

It sounds like you have done your homework and understand the potential risk and consultations associated with breast reduction surgery. You also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

I would suggest an in-person consultation with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction for virginal breast hypertrophy

+1

The fact that you have significant physical and emotional symptomatology secondary to breast hypertrophy, makes you an excellent canditate for breast reduction.  Your back pain and postural changes can create lifelong debilitation if your breast size is not addressed.  Although you are young and will need your parents consent, this is a problem to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

Breast reduction at what age

+1

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction and it should be covered by your insurance. We submit photos to your insurance carrier for pre-authorization and then perform this as an outpatient. Our out of town patients are here for an average of one week. Watch my video!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction at 15?

+1

The short answer is yes. However most of breast reductions are covered by insurance and insurance companies have their different rules as to qualifications for breast reduction. These include height weight and cup size. You needs to first see your family doctor who can make a referral to a plastic surgeon who can then see if your insurance company will cover this. In cases where the insurance company will not cover the reduction is possible to do this privately and you can discuss this with the plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drkmd.com/breast

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction in a 15 year old with Painful 32E Breasts

+1

Regarding: "I Am 15 and Have Size 32E Breasts Would I Be Able to Get a Breast Reduction, and if So How Would I Go About It?
So i am a size 32E and my breasts prevent me from playing some sports and swimming.I have really bad self confidence and self-esteem issues and suffer from back cramps I also now have very rounded shoulders which I did not have until my breasts got so large, my breasts have not grown for at least a year and a half. Can i get a reduction
?"

There is NO doubt you would greatly benefit from a Breast Reduction. Being a minor your parents would have to understand your condition and its adverse impact on your life and support your having the operation. Most medical insurance companies would partially pay for this operation in your case IF your parents' policy has breast reduction benefits. If it does not, you will have to pay out of pocket.

Your best step is to see several Plastic surgeons who work with your insurance company and let them educate you and your parents on your options and how straight forward it will be working with your insurer will be. You can check these plastic surgeons with their listings by The American Society of Plastic Surgery (www plasticsurgery.org)

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast reduction for Virginal Breast Hypertrophy

+1

Dear Philadelphia,

Your condition is known as Virginal Breast Hypertrophy, or alternatively, juvenile gigantomastia, or juvenile macromastia.  The symptoms themselves warrant a breast reduction.  Be aware that even though your breasts have stopped growing for a year, it is possible that they can grow again even after a reduction.  Any  plastic surgeon will sympathize with your plight and be more than willing to assist you in having the surgery covered by insurance.  I recommend consultation with your parents and a board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast.asp#breastredu

You need a breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

The key point you make is that your breasts have stopped growing.  In that case you can have a breast reduction anytime.  But your parents have to agree and they have to take you to see a plastic surgeon.

Breast reduction for a 15 year old

+1

If you have excessively larger breasts with back pain, etc.. you may be a candidate for a breast reduction. However it is ideal to be of adult body size.  It is also important that your breasts are no longer growing. You would need consent from your parents and their consent to seek consultation. 

Breast reduction as a teenager

+1
Considering your symptoms and the fact that your breasts have not grown in a while, it is reasonable to have a breast reduction, even thought you are still quite young. There are risks that need to be discussed including continued growth of the breasts, breast feeding, and scarring. I recommend that you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

+1

Best to see a boarded plastic surgeon in your area with a parent due to your age. If the surgeon determine you are a candidate than you can have the surgery. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski