Can a 14 Year Old Girl Have a Liposuction, & the Fat Transferred to Her Butt?

My daughter has a parent's consent. Just I would like to know if it's possible. She weighs 155 & is 5'4.

Underage cosmetic plastic surgery. / Cirugia plastica para menor de edad

+2

I would not recommend getting a BBL at age 14.  There are many issues here but a 14 year old has not matured both physically and emotionally yet.  Her physique will change significantly in the coming years.  If this was for prominent ears,very large or asymmetrical breasts that would be appropriate.  Good luck.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Yo no recomiendo transferencia de grasa a la edad de 14 años. Hay muchos motivos pero el principal es que a la edad de 14 años la paciente no esta suficientemente desarrollada tanto fisica como emocionalmente. Su fisico todavia va a cambiar en los proximos años.
La correccion de las orejas prominentes o senos deformes si son mas apropiados.

Suerte!

Atentamente,

Anire Okpaku MD

Too Young For Lipo & Brazillian Butt Lift...

+1

Fourteen years old is way too early for liposuction and may also send the wrong message to your daughter. At this age, diet and exercise are her only options, if she wants to improve her appearance. Liposuction is not a weight reducing procedure, but rather a contour improving procedure and not a substitute for diet and exercise.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

14years

+1

I'm pretty sure someone would like to take your money and do surgery on your 14 year old, but an ethical physician will not. We like our patients to at least be 18.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Liposuction in adolescents

+1

Sure it is possible and legal but that does not mean it should be done or is the best thing to do. You have to look at the big picture and what effect this will have on her over the course of her life. This is not a decision that can be recommended either way based on 1 sentence in a forum post. Even if she were 18 but had dramatic swings in her weight this surgery would not be a good idea.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Liposuction for a 14 year old

+1

I would answer "no".  

There are a few problems with this in a 14 year old: the patient cannot fully comprehend the issues  involved with a cosmetic surgery procedure; a fourteen year old is not physically mature so we don't know exactly what will happen over time to the transplanted fat.

No cosmetic procedure should be considered for any patient who has not reached stability in their body.  Patients who are losing or gaining weight, or those who are still growing, should wait until they reach plateau before undergoing any body altering procedure.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

14 yr old BBL?

+1

Yes she can with written parenteral consent.But I would require a 20 lb. weight loss and 6 months with a personal trainer to develop glutel muscle mass the natural way first. Make sure you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. It's too risky if you don't.

Dr Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and fat transfer in 14 yo

+1

Dear Mom,

You read the previous answers and I add my big ' NO' too. At age 14 , your daughter is not mature enough to understand the procedures and the consequences from it. Liposuction is a procedure that requires patience due to the lengthy healing and wound maturation. Also, her judgement regarding her desires is not ripe at that age and may change. You might get the blame if she will not be  happy with the outcome. Your best option is to have her eat healthy low glycemic food. You can read about it in the book 'Sugar busters'. After age 18 she can decide if she is indeed interested in the surgery.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Not recommended

+1

At this age cosmetic surgery of this kind is not recommended    I don't think any board certified plastic surgeon would do this surgery 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for a 14 y.o. teen

+1

Dear Yayly,

I think your 14 y.o. daughter should learn healthy eating habits and lifestyle rather than considering liposuction.

as stated by my other colleagues,no ethical surgeon will ever consider her as a candidate: she is way too young ! her body is still developing...

Maybe you can ask her pediatrician to refer you to a local nutritionist?

Maybe she can be enrolled into a favorite sport camp ?

Good luck to your daughter

Florence Mussat

Florence Mussat, MD