I Am 14. Can I Have Invisalign?

My friend who is a dentist said I should do it when I am 18 or 19. He said that the jaw will grow and will expand. What should I do?

Invisalign is a great option for teenagers

+2

We have been having great success with Invisalign in teenagers that are committed to wearing their aligners. Invisalign even has a product line called Invisalign Teen, so no, Invisalign is not just for adults, and not just for simple cases either!  The key is going to an experienced Invisalign provider for a consultation to get the ball rolling.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Age 14

+1

Lots of people get braces at age 14, so why would Invisalign be any different.? The reason teens don't primarily get Invisalign is because of compliance. 

You have to be responsible enough to wear the aligners 22 hours a day, not loose them and change them when you are supposed to.

So if you are a "mature" 14 year old and can follow the direction then go ahead.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

14 years old...invisalign and jaw growth

+1

Hi Carrlin...You asked if you could  get invisalgin at 14 or should you wait until 18 or 19 when your jaw stops growing.  First, does jaw growth affect the result obtained with invisalign?  Answer is , it depends on the case.  If the lower jaw teeth are too far forward, than further jaw growth could be a problem and cause more spacing.  My suggestion would be to consult an orthodontist experienced with alll orthodontic appliances and procedures before you decide on any of them.  Seek a consultation from at least two doctors before you make a decision.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Teen Invisalign

+1

Almost anything you can do with braces, you can do with Invisalign.Go for it!

Springfield Orthodontist

Invisalign at 14 years old

+1

I would suggest you wait a few more years before considering Invisalign. Unlike standard braces, Invisalign assumes the jaw has stopped growing.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

14 and Invisalign

+1

At 14 the concern is, is your jaw still developing? If you are a 14 year old girl you should see you orthodontist and have an xray of your hand. This xray will show whether you are read or not. If the bone is done developing getting invisalign is a great option! If you are a 14 year old boy, you should wait until you are 16-18 years old.

Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.