I Am Curious to Know if Invisalign Will Work for Cross Bite and Open Bite? (photo)

I have wonky teeth from thumbsucking and was wondering if Invisalign is an option? My teeth and gums are healthy and other than a few fillings have no dental work done.

Open Bite with Invisalign

Invisalign may be able to align your teeth and improve your bite, but there are limitations to what can be accomplished. 

Speak to your dentist about the limitations of your treatment and then you can make the best decision.

Miami Dentist

Open bite and cross bite with Invisalign

Invisalign is a great way to discreetly pull back the front teeth and reduce the overjet, open bite and also correct the cross bite.

Your case is a moderately/mild crowded case and is suitable for Invisalign

Invisalign for cross bite and open bite

More close up photos would be helpful but based on this one photo, invisalign should work for you.  Your open bite does not seem too bad, but you may still need to wear some elastics (rubber bands) on your aligners to help close the open bite.  You should have your dentist determine the cause of your open bite such as a tongue thrust habit, so the open bite doesn't return.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Dentist

Invisalign for crossbite and open bite

Invisalign sometimes works better than braces for open bites...posterior crossbites...not so much!

Many times with adults we have to settle for a B rather than an A your case Invisalign might give you what you want, even though the results may not be perfect....

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist