12 days after hair transplant can I be using toppik and hairspray after hair transplant?

I have always use toppik fibre and Gatsby hairspray to make my scalp look fuller and darker, then combing both sides of the hair towards the centre and frontal area to look like its a style. Colleagues or friends really know I have such bad hair loss problem (needed 4000 grafts but have done 2059 for now). Few days later, my 13th day after HT, I will need to reappear in work and meetings. I have to look as usual and normal, would the heavy hair spray kill my HT and affect the result?

You can use Toppik after surgery

You can use Toppik after surgery, especially after 12 days.  Some doctors say you can use it earlier.  It is always a good idea to check with your doctor

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

5757 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Using products after hair transplant

We advise our patients to wait until scabs have fallen off, which is usually 5-7 days. Follow up with your hair transplant surgeon for more specific advice. 

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

3252 Holiday Court
San Diego, CA 92037

The general rule for recovery

With a hair translpant the general rule is that after 3-10 days it is ok to do almost anything. The exact details depend on your doctor and the procedure that was done i.e size/type of hair transplant.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

2401 Yale
Houston, TX 77008

Toppik and Hairspray

It's always a good idea to check with the surgeon who performed the procedure as he or she will have specific guidance.

Toppik or any of the available hair fibers is fine. I allow my own patients to use as early as day 3.

A modest amount of hairspay should be ok as the grafts have committed themselves by that time. However, "heavy" use of hair spray ( as well as other chemicals like hair dyes) are best avoided until week 3.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

21 Bedford Road
Toronto, ON M5R 2J9