If you're getting rhinoplasty in March or April, 2013, please check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done, and let's support each other through this transformation!

Comments (68)

Sort by

How are all your noses looking!?!
Hello all:) I have truely enjoyed reading all your posts. I am scheduled for septorhinoplasty on 5/2/13...three more days!! I am trying to keep my emotions in check, but I am extremly nervous!! Your post have allowes me a little glimps into the recovery stages....I have been waiting for this since elementary school:/...Thanks...and wish me luck!!
Good luck I'm sure you will be fine :)
Please, I beg u!. Get something to soothe your throat/mouth cepacol, biotene...anything. Mouth breathing is the worst!. The surgery/recovery was not the worst part as one might think.
Good luck. Wishing you all and me a speedy & safe recovery and au naturel results.
Thank you!
Thanks!! I got my supplies today:)

Good luck!!!!!!!

Day 5. cast and packing removed. Yeah.... Thank you lord!. Say goodbye to mouth breathing. Removal wasn't painful. I have a little miss piggy thing going on....but that was explained and expected. I cannot wait for the Weeks to go bye for post swelling results.

Hello, I had a revision open septo-rhinoplasty on Monday the 22, with the goals to elevate and narrow the bridge, projet the already ptotic tip and bilateral alar base reduction. I had a cartilage graft placed as cullemelar strut as well as on the bridege as spreader grafts. I had a great time in the room, the CRNA and the circulating RN were both coworkers. Very pleasant experience. Woke up in a happy place, pain free, breathing though my nose! Things changed a little as the day progressed. My face, truly my nose and my cheeks began to swell dramatically..Very little bruising mind you. Then some congestion set in... mouth breathing sucks!!! If and when I slept my whole tongue felt like sand paper! I can not say that it did not hurt becuasue it did. I felt quite an ache deep in the bridge of the nose and then of course the burning, itchy, needle like stings sendations lower nose where incisions had been made. Second day I felt pretty awful. Did nothing but lay, no appetite. If I was even an hour late with pain med it became miserable until the percocet kicked in and then life was tolerable. Today PO#5: plain tylenol, the day felt the best. So wouldn't you know it, I over did it and had to lay down and take a three hour nap. I'm suspecting/hoping that the "irritations" will be just mere memories when the full appreciation of the end result is contemplated and you mumble to yourself- alas it was all worth it after all.

Day 3 Rhino. My swelling appeared to have stabilized. I hope it starts decreasing now. I'm trying to ignore the itching. My first post op appointment is 4/28. When drinking (or swallowing saliva) has anyone experience the feeling of fluids in their nose? Just curious. Thx
No turning back now. Surgery went well, no major pain. The discomfort from mouth breathing is maddening. Cant sleep due to dry mouth and throat. I constantly have to sip water. I cannot see my Rhino results yet, because I'm well bandage. My drainage have already slowed down significantly. I'm using ice pads, 30/30 on off for brusing under eyes.
Glad to hear your surgery went well and you aren't in pain. Biotene helps for dry mouth, it's on amazon but by the time you got it your mouth might be fine :-/ just keep hydrating. It's great that your drainage has slowed down!!! My nose is still bleeding a little bit and my surg was 2 days ago!
I'm still bleeding just not as much as first day. Day 3, I'm still doing icepack 30/30, my face is more swollen now on day 3 than day 1.
I'm African American and I'm getting my rhinoplasty April 24, 2013. I waited this long to post, because, i'm not so sure I wouldn't chicken out. I was beginning to think my level of nervousness was crazy, but I see now from all your post that what I think is extreme, is normal. I need to distract myself before I have a nervous break down. I'm having hump removed, bridge and flare narrowed. Wishing me and you all a safe surgery, speedy & safe recovery and au naturel results.
I'm happy for u!
Thank you. i'm counting down the hours....7am. I have been distracting myself by giving my home a deep cleaning, even if it didn't need it!
Hi Cayy, Get some sleep and be well rested for surgery. If your surgeon gave you anti anxiety meds for going to sleep after surgery (ativan, xanax, etc) ask him if you can take one if you are really nervous in the morning. I did and I was completely chilled out while waiting (and I had to wait 2 hours while another surgery ran over!!!) Good Luck, and remember YOU WILL BE FINE! It's going to be ok.
Getting my nose done on Tuesday. For the most part I've just been pushing it out of my mind, otherwise the anxiety would drive me crazy. Now that it's so close, I'm really starting to freak out. I'm most nervous about being put under, but my doctor has assured me it's very safe. I'm also worried about recovery time. For those of you who have recently had rhinoplasty, how long has it taken for your swelling to go down to a presentable amount? How long has it taken for you to get back to your normal routine?
I wore a cast for 7 days. I had bruises under my eyes for about 2 more days after that. My bruises were small (dime or penny sized) and went away very quickly. When my cast came off my nose was very swollen and upturned, but I thought it looked very cute like that. The weekend my cast came off was Easter and my family didn't notice ANYTHING different with my nose when they saw me! I had drastic work done! I went to work on Monday and one co-worker literally did not recognize me. He said I looked familiar and asked me what my name was!!!!! I am used to being seen as the big nose girl and with a cute little nose I was unrecognizeable! Two co-workers were whispering and staring because my nose looked so friggin cute. How long it takes for you to be seen in public depends on what you had done to your nose. If you only had work on your tip, for example, and you tip is swollen but the rest is not, your nose might look ridiculous. My entire nose was swollen proportionally, so it looked good.
During te next few weeks your nose wil look different each day. Some days it will look nice and other day if will look like shtt. A few people have been telling me that I look REALLY good (with lots if emphasis in their voice lol) but most haven't noticed a thing even though I. Had a 4mm bump shaved Down, among many other more subtle changes
Thanks. I'm wondering if anyone will notice too since I don't really have a bump and am having mostly tip work done. I hope the swelling isn't too ridiculous looking. Hoping I will swell evenly since I'm having a lot of internal surgery done on my turbinates and septum too. I'm glad you're so happy with your new nose! Now I'm excited for surgery on Tuesday!
They probably won't notice! That's crazy to me! My nose was hideous so idk how they don't see a change! If you aren't havin your bones broken, you might only have tip swelling, but ask the doctor. Get soft foods and don't bother with any favorite foods--you won't be able to taste much.
I had turbinates, tip and septum done and it didn't swell much. I recommend anica cream for the bruises under the eyes, it cleared mine up in about four days :)
I too had turbinate and setptum also narrow bridge and flare ad well as hump removal. Wishing us all a speedy recovery.