Post to Forum

November and December 2012 Mommy Makeovers check in here!

• 1 year ago

Please check in here and leave a little information about yourself and upcoming surgery so we can all support each other through this journey.

Comments (1,208)

Sort by

Is anyone still having pains when they stretch the belly area? I am feeling some pulling when I stretch out in my belly area.
It's been nearly 7 months since my Mommy Makeover, and I feel really good. Everything is starting to look way more normal. The only "issue" I've been having in the past few weeks is a pain on my right side. It starts at my belly button and goes to the middle of my abdomen (to the right). I actually was starting to think I might be getting a hernia or something crazy...it's a burning/tearing sort of pain if I stretch out too far usually when I'm in bed at night and don't realize I'm doing it. It doesn't stop me from doing situps or anything like that..not an abb muscle pain...my workouts are not directly affected. It actually feels "better" when I workout. I went in to see my PS about it to make sure I hadn't "hurt" anything inside...now, I'm the woman who wen through my surgery with NO PAIN MEDS (they make me deathly ill). So, if I'm telling you it hurts...it hurts. He said it was likely torn scar tissue (didn't see any fluid build up or change surgical result) and is common with a TT. It will eventually work itself out with time. It made me feel better to know it wasn't something terrible..but it still hurts at times. Am I alone in this? Anyone else noticing crazy pain every so often that will literally stop you in your tracks for a minute? Just didn't expect "pain" at 7 months PO.
The only pain that i have noticed in my stomach is sharp stabbing pains. They don't happen that often, but my PS said it will be like that for awhile. Apparently what I am feeling is the nerves re-connecting. Also, parts of my stomach are still numb to the touch-(under my BB, all the way to my TT scar and all around the scar). Does anyone else still have this? It's been 6 months since my surgery.
I'm just going to ask this question because I'm really curious if anyone else has noticed this. I (for YEARS) have been really "irregular" in the (you know..going to the bathroom area) LOL. I take the probiotics and stuff like the say to, but it never "really" did a whole lot to correct it. Since the surgery (that's the only thing different other than taking the Vit. E my PS asked me to take daily) I am like CLOCKWORK. It's AWESOME! It really makes me wonder if the repair of the abdominal muscles is the "fix" for us women who have had that issue. It also makes me wonder if the fact that the majority of people with "IBS" or irregularity are women isn't due to pregnancy and the damage it does to the abdominal wall...??? Maybe the RX for it should be "TT" instead of meds. LOL

Mini reunion! Please come back, ladies, and post your favorite 5 or 6 month post op shot on your review. We'd love to see what you're up to now.

Once you've put up your new photo, please report back here and leave a comment so we all know to head over and see your sexy self.

Hey haven't been on here in quite awhile. soo happy with my decision to do surgery still have a slight pooch lower that I'm hoping is still some swelling and I'm packing around an extra 7 pounds from not working out so now that I'm back at crossfit hopefully things will all look even better!
Good to hear from you! Same here - loving the surgery decision and am thrilled w results. My ps mentioned that I still had some "thickening" with scar tissue/healing & the muscle repair. I think I'm pretty flat - he says will get even better. Recommended gentle massage vertically and around scar to help. I think it's helped. Hope you get your results from crossfit. I'm back at Bodypump, but minimal ab work. No weight gain, but losing tone. Take care! Do you have a post op any time soon?
After reading through some of the comments, I can say I'm with a lot of you. I work out 5 days a week...hard. Since the surgery, I've had a really difficult time getting 4 or 5 pounds off. I think it's swelling. All of my clothes fit great, so I'm just going to let it come off when it comes off. I do P90X and Insanity workouts every day, so I know it's not because I'm slacking. LOL Just saw my PS for my 5.5 PO appt, and he was so happy with my results...I LOVE my new boobs! He wants to put them in his book. :) As for my tummy..it looks great, but I do notice the hardness and a little swelling by the end of a day...especially on abb workout days.
Hello ladies. I had my surgery on Nov 7th. TT, BL/BA, Lipo on thighs...thought I'd say hello!
Hey, your results look amazing! :-).
Thanks!
How is everyone feeling? I am not 4 months out and feeling great. Still not able to really do a situp(hurts). When I do try to do a sit up my abs look really funny. Hubby tells me it's normal looking. I still trying to lose weight but it appears that i am just gaining it. I go see a Internal doctor next month to have my thyroid checked to make sure that isnt out of whack.
Hey ladies, a question for all of you ladies that have had revisions or had to go back for surgery. Was your second surgery or revision free of charge?? I am seriously considering talking to my PS about going in again for a bigger size. Just don't want to have to spend the money ALL over again for the results I wanted the first time around. . :(
Gr, what did you decide? Have you talked w your ps?
No, I don't see him again until July. I'll probably talk to him then.
3 mo post op today. Feeling good and looking great. Not a lot of people have commented, and my parents think I did it for weight loss. Lol. (I'm 5'10, size 8, 47). Clothes can hide a lot! (and im the same weight) I'm thrilled w my new un-babies body!! Feeling like my boobs are a part of me now and marvel in how flat I am. Tight as a drum. Crazy!! BB looks great, vertical scar healing, main incision is straight and healing up. He's a good cutter! Lol. So so so pleased w results and doctor. Enjoying my belly NOT sitting in my lap when I'm sitting down. Easing back into exercise w cardio for right now. So happy I finally did this. No regrets!
3 month PO - feeling much better everyday. Swelling better, but not gone yet. Boobs FINALLY dropping YEAHH! Tummy tuck incision is healing great. Belly button still very sore and not healing quite as good as it should be. About 80% back to normal at work...can do all office stuff just fine, but still not close to normal on physical stuff. Self esteem/body image MUCH better!
:-) I'm so glad to hear such a positive post, thank you! I think we are right about the same time frame, my right breast doesn't want to budge it seems, but reading that yours are dropping now gives me hope that it will still drop on its own soon!
Happy to hear you're doing great and feeling well! Glad your boobs finally dropped. I'm sure they'll continue to fluff and settle Funny how sometimes they just take a while! Take care and wishes for continued recovery!
How's everyone doing? I'm 10 weeks+, and still not much changes from week 5. Boobs-- have dropped a little more and look more even, though one is still slightly bigger--no discomfort and they look great. Belly button is perfect, oval shaped and nicely indented. However, I'm NOT pleased w/ tummy, still swollen and numb and now I have dog ears on both sides. My Dr is amazing and he checked me today and scheduled revision for Wed.
Hi sandy...good to hear from...I've been wondering how you have been doing. How do you feel about having revision? What's involved with revision?
Overall, well. I missed my 8 week check up, and when I went in for 10 weeks, I'd developed dog ears. Scared sh*tless about the revisions tomorrow--because he's doing in his office, he wants to do lipo vs extending the scar. I'm still tender in my old lipo areas, so dreading this new pain. I saw your post about your boobs, my right took forever to drop and still is a little high and isn't as fluffed as my left. Did you do the exercises? When will you do the revisions?
How did your dogear revision go? I have one....he wants to wait til 6 months to revise. He will do it in his office too. I was wondering about this....
It went well-he did it in his surgical room at the office. Just did lipo in the sides. It was minor discomfort. Have to be back in the spanx 24/7 for 2 weeks. Wed was a week, and had stich removed. Its only painful when touched. Just praying that it doesn't come back.
Glad everything went well. My revision is scheduled for April 24. I think I need a little lipo, we shall see. Did you need to take time off for work for the recovery. .?