If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in November 2014, check in here!

• 3 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. Let's connect!

Comments (94)

Sort by

I am scheduled for November 13. I am terrified but also want this done very much. Random people tell me scary tales all the time. I keep hearing that 6 hrs of surgery is very dangerous and the anesthesia is dangerous for that long??????? I know it will hurt but I sure do not wNt a blood clot!!! Tips from survivors much appreciated.
We can be surgery buddies as I am scheduled on the 13th as well!!!! LOL Don't let other people get you down with scary comments...I have had one person in person in particular be unsupportive, but I look at the stats and realize that I will be ok! I am healthy and this is not emergency surgery :) They have also estimated that my surgery will take 6 hours (TT/BL) and I was hesitant about that, but I have heard so many times that the "take-off and landing" part of the anesthesia is more of a worry than the actual time under as long as it is less than 8 hours. Your surgeon probably also puts precautions in place (leg compressors etc). I plan on walking every 2-3 hours, even if just for a few minutes, and doing ankle pumps etc. I am nervous too...but more just wanting to get it over with as I have been waiting 13 loooong years to do this for myself :) We will be fine :)
I also forgot to add that I am having a partial reduction as well as my girls are lopsided...what are you having done?
Congratulations! My surgery is on the 11th. So we can recover together ;) Don't listen to the Debbie Downers. ..In fact I haven't told too many people b/c I don't want to hear their negative comments. Any surgery is risky, so that is why they have trained professionals! Good luck to you ♡
Hey guys do you know what a faja is? someone said i should get for after my drains are out. i need some help on what to buy for post_op, i show my husband a list of what other ladies got but he was like you do not have to get all that.. :( just get the important things you need. My MM is on the 25 Nov and i am happy, nervous, anxious.
It's a type of compression garment. Some women like to wear them after they take off the one their plastic surgeon gives them; they feel it gives them more support.
Thanks violettaMI :)
I am scheduled for Nov 24th and I am getting my list together too. It still doesn't feel real to me yet.
I'm November 25 also, hello surgery buddies! :-) 5 weeks from today! Only 5 more Tuesdays to wake up in this body!
Congratulations! !! I know exactly how you feel! !! I'm so excited for you!
Congratulations! I can't believe November is right around the corner! !
I'm so nervous! I go for my preop on Tuesday! My surgery day is Nov 6. I can't believe I'm doing it.
Hi sandl54. I have my preop on Wednesday. .surgery November 11th. I can't believe it either. ..but I want this done soooo bad!
Good luck!
Thanks! i was mistaken, my appt is tomorrow, so nanc74, our appt is on the same day! By this time tomorrow I will have paid for everything!
How did your pre-op go??
5 weeks pre_op everyday i wake up i thinking about my MM :( going to bed thinking about MM :( think about it all day.
I can relate
Lol! Glad I'm not the only one obsessed with it morning noon and night! The anticipation is killing me, at the same time though I'm glad I have another month to lose a little more weight.
Me too. I can't wait for surgery and especially the recovery over and done with!
I hear ya sandi54!
I can totally relate!! Look at what I'm doing now!!lol!! Morning ..noon..afternoon... Night..& now in the middle of the night! Just so excited for all of us! :-)
I'm having a grandma make over on November 11th!
I am having my MM on the 25 Nov includes lift and full tummy tuck, I wanted to do this procedure for so long but glad I did not because I got pregnant with my third daughter in May of last year blessings) and now I am done having kids. I am worried about my recovery time my husband only can take care of me for 7 days and he is back to work, and then I am alone with my little love bug who is 8 months old do not know how I am going to do this....:( Also I am trying to lose at least 10lbs before my surgery , I was 128lbs before my daughter now I am 145lbs and 5'5" , I have been working out like crazy for the past 3 months no pounds shed yet ugh ...frustrated
I am worried about my aftercare as well :( I have 3 kids....13, 4, and 2. But the 2 month old has developmental delays and cannot climb stairs or get up on things, so I don't know how I am going to get by without lifting him??? I do have my husband home the first week, and my teen is off for Thanksgiving the second week, but I don't want to make my older son do very much :( No family close by either. My scale has not budged in 2 weeks!!! I am sooo disappointed at this weight loss plateau! I do not eat any processed foods at all and I exercise 4-5 days a week. I have no idea of how to get this scale moving as I really don't think it would be healthy to restrict my intake much more. You are not alone :(