If you're getting a Mommy Makeover in November 2014, check in here!

• 3 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. Let's connect!

Comments (89)

Sort by

Hey guys do you know what a faja is? someone said i should get for after my drains are out. i need some help on what to buy for post_op, i show my husband a list of what other ladies got but he was like you do not have to get all that.. :( just get the important things you need. My MM is on the 25 Nov and i am happy, nervous, anxious.
It's a type of compression garment. Some women like to wear them after they take off the one their plastic surgeon gives them; they feel it gives them more support.
Thanks violettaMI :)
I am scheduled for Nov 24th and I am getting my list together too. It still doesn't feel real to me yet.
I'm November 25 also, hello surgery buddies! :-) 5 weeks from today! Only 5 more Tuesdays to wake up in this body!
Congratulations! !! I know exactly how you feel! !! I'm so excited for you!
Congratulations! I can't believe November is right around the corner! !
I'm so nervous! I go for my preop on Tuesday! My surgery day is Nov 6. I can't believe I'm doing it.
Hi sandl54. I have my preop on Wednesday. .surgery November 11th. I can't believe it either. ..but I want this done soooo bad!
Good luck!
Thanks! i was mistaken, my appt is tomorrow, so nanc74, our appt is on the same day! By this time tomorrow I will have paid for everything!
5 weeks pre_op everyday i wake up i thinking about my MM :( going to bed thinking about MM :( think about it all day.
I can relate
Lol! Glad I'm not the only one obsessed with it morning noon and night! The anticipation is killing me, at the same time though I'm glad I have another month to lose a little more weight.
Me too. I can't wait for surgery and especially the recovery over and done with!
I hear ya sandi54!
I can totally relate!! Look at what I'm doing now!!lol!! Morning ..noon..afternoon... Night..& now in the middle of the night! Just so excited for all of us! :-)
I'm having a grandma make over on November 11th!
I am having my MM on the 25 Nov includes lift and full tummy tuck, I wanted to do this procedure for so long but glad I did not because I got pregnant with my third daughter in May of last year blessings) and now I am done having kids. I am worried about my recovery time my husband only can take care of me for 7 days and he is back to work, and then I am alone with my little love bug who is 8 months old do not know how I am going to do this....:( Also I am trying to lose at least 10lbs before my surgery , I was 128lbs before my daughter now I am 145lbs and 5'5" , I have been working out like crazy for the past 3 months no pounds shed yet ugh ...frustrated
I am worried about my aftercare as well :( I have 3 kids....13, 4, and 2. But the 2 month old has developmental delays and cannot climb stairs or get up on things, so I don't know how I am going to get by without lifting him??? I do have my husband home the first week, and my teen is off for Thanksgiving the second week, but I don't want to make my older son do very much :( No family close by either. My scale has not budged in 2 weeks!!! I am sooo disappointed at this weight loss plateau! I do not eat any processed foods at all and I exercise 4-5 days a week. I have no idea of how to get this scale moving as I really don't think it would be healthy to restrict my intake much more. You are not alone :(
Sounds like we're all in the same boat! I was doing great at the weight loss until we took a 5 day vacation at an all inclusive beach resort. Not a good idea if your trying to lose weight! Feel like I set myself back 3 weeks! Gained the weight back I lost before the trip, lost a week of weight loss while on the trip, now the week after I'm trying to lose the weight I gained. Ugh! I feel like times running out. 6 more weeks till my surgery and I definitely want to lose at least 10 lbs by then.
I just move here 3 months so no friends are family close ether
I am having my mommy makeover on Nov. 3rd which includes a lift and a TT. My PS is doing at a surgery center and allowing me to go home that day. Is that normal or should I request a hospital stay? I am out of my mind nervous.
I think that's pretty normal. My guess is that since most plastic surgery is not covered under the insurance, they want to get you out as soon as possible and not have to incur a hospital costs. I think if you had to pay for a hospital stay, it would make it cost prohibitive for most people.
How is everyone doing? Are you doing anything special to try to get ready for your MM? I'm trying to lose some weight, as my PS has advised that the more visceral (sub-muscular) fat I can lose before surgery, the flatter he'll be able to pull my abs.