If you're getting a mommy makeover in August 2014, check in here!

• 3 months ago

Tell us a little about your self, why you want this done. Let's connect!

Comments (129)

Sort by

Hi ladies! I'm 4 weeks PO tomorrow and thought I'd post an update. My TT incision has opened up enough that I started having to pack it with saline soaked gauze yesterday. I've gotten over the initial drama/disappointment of my worst fear which was the scar opening up and am not focusing on healing. Thanks lizchrichiello for the protein shake suggestion! I did buy them (both vanilla & chocolate) and have been having several shakes a day on top of a healthy, high protein diet.
Hi ladies I'm 19 post op and I'm still in pain bearable but it's there... I have a question both tubes came up on there own two weeks post op and I'm still draining I see my doctor every two days so they can drain the fluids by sticking a needle in my lower abdomen and sucking it out has this happen to anyone??? Tomorrow I have another check up and I got back to work I'm being as still as possible so I'm not sure why I'm still draining.... Another question I have is when will my breats not feeling like rocks they r squishy but I still can't lay on them bc the hurt and they feel hard when I do I just want to feel normal how long does this take :(
I never had a drainage issue but my breast started to feel like real boobs about 4 to 5 weeks po. tommorrow I'll be 6 weeks po and my one boob is super soft and the other is still a bit hard. It can take up to 3 months to soften
Thank you so much that just put the light back in my tunnel lol bc I was so sad about this like why did I do this I'll be 23 days post op tomorrow so a little over three weeks.... There is still hope lol thank you so much
Hi everybody, I had a mommy makeover on 8/6, so I'm almost 5 weeks post-op (as of tomorrow, yee!!). I created a Real Self account a couple of weeks ago, only finding out about this website AFTER I already had my makeover. I'm looking forward to reading this forum to see what all of you have been experiencing so far, and I'm looking forward to sharing my goods and bads too!
Congratulations! My surgery was the 7th!
Thanks! You too! how are you doing??
I'm 18 days PO and my TT scar has started to separate just a bit (maybe a few millimeters at this point). I won't gross anyone out with pics. My PS put me on oral antibiotics (bactrim) and also has me on a regimen of applying a sulphur based prescription cream on the area twice daily after showering. He said this probably happened as a result of a lack of protein in my diet and recommended I amp up my protein intake to 500 grams per day. He also said the area could open up to "holes" and if it got to that I would have to start packing my open area with saline saturated gauze. I pray it doesn't get to that point and would appreciate everyone's thoughts/prayers for me on this too :-) Have any of you been on a high protein diet?? If so, are there any recommended protein powders/smoothies?? I thought I was doing the right thing by eating lean and including lots of greens in my diet :-( of course I have had some protein but obviously not nearly enough.
That has been my worst fear!! I've seen some pretty terrible pictures of the "holes". I couldn't imagine they are fun. I have been on a high protein low carb diet for over a year now so that was never a problem. I use this powder, http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/reserveage-organics-grass-fed-whey-protein-chocolate-flavor-12-7-oz-powder/4r-1040#.VA5OiEuARfM I'll make a shake with non sweetened coconut milk, plain yogurt, chocolate protein powder, and a spoon full of almond or peanut butter, and splenda to sweeten it. Delicious! I also do the same with vanilla powder but add fruit instead of the nut butter. I eat egg whites with spinach and cheese, quinoa is great too and is so versatile, chicken breast, etc. Just be careful on the carb intake when you up your protein because you might gain weight. Try to avoid the "bad" carbs like sugar, flour, wheat, pasta, bread, etc. Instead fill up on good carbs like veggies, dairy, and fruit. I hope this helps. I have been working with a dietitian for over a year due to me being insulin resistant and this is how I've changed my diet, Hope that helps and good luck!
Thanks so much!! Very much appreciated!!!
I'm 15 days PO and last night was the first time my TT scar felt very tender to the touch. My left scar over my hip bone was throbbing during the night. Normal??? I don't think anything is infected, but it was a little pink by that spot... Of course where my CG sits too. Is it just me or is anyone else squeamish about touching their scar?! I'm supposed to start scar massage therapy next week and I think I may pass out.... :). Yep, I'm a wimp.
I'm about 3 and a half weeks and all my incisions are tender. I can't stand touching them either! Even in the shower I just let the soap and water run over them. I think as we get feeling back in those areas, were going to feel it.
Hi, I'm 16 days PO and I have the same issues. My PS used glue and parts of my TT incision are weepy where the glue has started to come off. Do you ladies have the same thing happening? It's not much (just enough to show up as spots on the tank I wear under my CG). I can't see any openings but am worried those spots are going to open up into those nasty open wounds I've seen in some RS pics.
Gravesmama, My surgeon used both glue and dissolving sutures. Do you still have your drain tubes? I am 24 days post op and each day gets better . I had my final drain tube removed yesterday. My surgeon wanted me to keep everything bandaged up for a while (except for weekly dressing changes,by them), but when I saw it yesterday for the first time my incisions where some of the glue has fallen, look like they are completely closed. I was surprised to see how mature my incision looked. Today, I can shower and begin moderate exercise. I am sure your incisions are fine. When is your next doctor visit?
I had my first drain taken out a week ago yesterday and the second one this week on Tuesday. He's had me keep my incision uncovered since day 1. No dressing or anything. I started sleeping on my side this week and wonder if that's put unnecessary strain on the incision. The spot that is the most weepy is right centered in the middle. I've found it interesting how each doctor is so unique in their approach! I see him on Monday to get my BB stitches out and am definitely going to have him look at it.
Good point about our nerves starting to reconnect.
I haven't noticed, but I don't think my surgeon used glue.
I don't think mine did either. I have no clue what she used but it looks all neat and tidy and is healing wonderfully. I've had the glue used before when I had to have a breast biopsy done so I know what it looks and feels like. I also had my drains out on day 5 and tape removed shortly after. Definitely interesting to see each doctors different post op care. I wonder if it's just preference or based on their technique used.
I know how you feel but it's the bb that kills me, I can't touch it, I feel like passing out when I have to clean it.
Yes, I do believe each surgeon has their own preference and technique. My worst fear is that somehow my incision will open, so I still use an antibiotic cleaner and ointment and use pads underneath my CG. I have also started silicone spray and switch off every ten hours (Cleaning again and applying spray a second time). I take my zinc religiously along with veggie and protein shakes. I stay away from any anti inflammation products. My incisions are closed and look really mature, no scabs just occasional glue that falls and reveals a light pink to brown scar, but you never know! I will refrain from sexual activities for another two weeks. I also still sleep face up because I don't want anything to open, or get irritated until I am completely comfortable.
Your right about PS and the different approaches. My TT has internal sutures, glue and my PS requires I keep the surgical tape on for a month... He also stated that I should sleep on my sides because of the combo I had....
I'm 13 days PO and the most sore part of my body are the areas I had lipo - especially my inner thighs and flanks (flanks are still pretty swollen). Anyone else having (or had) the same experience? It doesn't seem to change with wearing my CG or spanx. I've just been taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen as well as arnica.
I'm 3 weeks and yes, the lipo areas have been the roughest healing wise. Still sore and swollen. Bruising has faded but still there. Totally normal.
I figured! Thanks for the update.
Gravesmama, I too had lipo to the flanks and belly(not thighs), but my lipo areas are no longer sensitive and have completely healed. I started massaging the areas which were sensitive two weeks post op. Kaiser does not recommend aspirin (ibuprofen) when healing, or any other form of anti- inflammatories, as they delay healing and can create inner bleeding. Your bodies natural defense to trauma is to create inflammation, as this helps to heal itself. I was instructed to only use Tylenol. Hope this helps.