Post to Forum

If you're getting a facelift (or considering one) in August or September 2013, check in here!

• 10 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you want this done, and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (82)

Sort by

I also had surgery with Dr Quiroz: forehead lift, rhinoplasty, upper and lower eyes, fat transfer to nasolabial folds, dermabrasion to the upper lip, face and neck lift,,all for $10,450. Here in Canada that same amount of surgery would cost $40,000-$45,000. He is great,,has been doing it since he graduated med school in 1977. He lives in San Diego but his practice is in Tijuana. I checked out all his credentials and all check out, has nothing against his license in the last 10 years (can only go back 10 years) I wouldn't spend the $$ on American or Cdn doctors. I have heard some pretty bad messes from a surgeon here in Calgary and some in the US.
Im so thankful for the wonderful knowledge. I want to hang around a lot here to read and learn. I so appreciate you kindness in taking the time to educate and respond. Gypsyheart777
Im doing the research for a full facelift. I would consider going abroad if the surgeon was skilled and lower cost. I know I can't pay 15,000-30,000$.Im saving for this procedure so it will likely be 16 months before I can get it.I will 60 years old. I donot smoke, rarely drink and try to keep my weight down. Im trying to find out what I can expect in improvement. I would like eyes done, forehead lift, neck and full facelift done. I thank you in advance for any and all info. If there is a lower cost surgeon that you all know of- that would be great. Gypsyheart
I had a facelift, necklift, forehead lift with brow re positioning, lower and upper eyes and fat to my lips by Dr Quiroz in Tijuana Mexico. I love my results. I'm 58 and also in good health. I've posted pictures here on realself. Good Luck to you.
Thank you I will check out your pics.Gypsy
Terrora, eleven years is actually not bad and I still didn't look like an old lady at 61, but decided I either do it now or not at all. How are you doing? Is your mostly swelling gone? You look great on your photos but I know it takes time to feel better and also to get used to it. I am still having days that I wish I had not done it but I know it's just transition and I will be happy with the end result.
I posted the best pic. My eyes are uneven in shape and size. My smile is crooked and my face is still like a balloon. It is depressing because one of the girls I met there had a lot done to her too and she looks way better. Her eyes are the same size and wide open. No smile problems. And "Ex train wreck" doesn't have a crooked smile either. It is kind of freaky, really but my surgeon says to not worry.Do you have pics?
Terrora, the swelling will go away, the eyes might still not be healed but the crooked smile would worry me the most as it is related to nerve damage. Has that crooked smile improved or is it improving gradually? What does he say about it? As for me, I am still pretty swollen, more on one side and the big incisions lines on my neck are really ugly, bumpy and red. They are visible when my hair is up. Also, I hope the pull near my ears will soften a bit. I have photos but won't post them unless I can email them privately.
OK you can email them privately to me. I am very worried about the smile,,but he says it isn't permanent nerve damage..some nick to the nerve that maybe like a bruise. I can't really see it getting better but my sister said it is.
The smile will get better but it should havr never happened in the first place. I am not sure how to email photos privately on this site, I guess I will maybe get the nerve to post a review for a day or two.
Your facelift only lasted 11 years? That is disheartening. But the fact that your eyes still look good is a great thing!
Well, I am twelve days post surgery with Dr. Koelliker in San Miguel Del Allende, Mexico. I had a facelift (mostly lower) and fat transfer to the lips. I did not have my eyes done as I had the upper and lower done twenty years ago and they're still looking good. I am 61 years old and had a moderate amount of jowling as it was my second facelift , the first one done eleven years ago. I agonized about this surgery, thinking that I should stop with one and let the old age roll in, but at the end I didn't like looking at my reflection in the mirror anymore and vanity won. The results? I think I will be happy after the bruising and swelling subside. I seem to have a lot of swelling, it's going down very slowly, and bruising on my neck and sides of my face, near the incisions. The first few days I thought I looked like an overblown monkey/balloon but I begin to see the shape of my face now. The biggest thing is that my jowls are gone, my cheeks are higher and my face has a more youthful contour and fullness and I like my fuller lips. The downside - two big incisions lines, right now red and raised, on my neck behind my neck and they are not completely covered by my hair when I wear my hair up. I started to use Mederma and hope they will heal well. I won't post any photos but would be happy to email them to anyone privately.
I feel so much better today. Most of the swelling in my neck is down but under my chin is still all puffy and yellow. But to be able to see my neck is great! The muscles are very prominent is that what those two vertical things are that stick out? Well it looks nice to me. I really had a tough time with my neck. I guess that's the thing that drive a lot a women over the edge. Or in my case, over the border. I go back tomorrow to have the stitches taken out. Any questions for Dr Quiroz from anyone. I think the man is a very good and diligent artistic PS. He doesn't give too much more than "this is what we should do". And then he does it well. I called down there the first day I was back because I was SO swollen and Minna (the very sweet and beautiful head nurse, scheduler and probably a million other things) put him right on the phone. He just said "I'm not worried about it". He's very calm. And smiles a lot when u see him. His good nature is reassuring. I always think of him as the prince of Tijuana lol. I did do my upper eyes too. That result I'm. It too sure about. I still have hooded eyes. But that may take the swelling to go down completely to totally asses. I'm sure he will do a fix if they're not right and that was easy peassy compared to the rest of it. Also. Yesterday I bought a box of vitamin c packets. Now brand. I think that must have helped because I drank a ton yesterday and today is a huge difference. Hope all is well out there today.
I am glad you changed your name and that today is a better day! :-) Evidently vitamin C is important! :-)) Kathy
I just arrived home from Dr Quiroz last week, I just love him and his entire staff! I will be writing my review in a few weeks. I'm so happy that you received great results also.
I like it!  "EX train wreck" .  lol  Good going.  It's sounds as if you're doing well and feeling good.  Liking the results is a beautiful thing too.  :)  Keep on healing!  FG
Thank you. As soon as I can sit at the computer longer, I will post about my details.
Hi Taylor, you finally did it! I am so happy for you. I hope your results come out the way you expected. I can't wait until I see your before and after pictures
You should have seen "Train wreck" 4 days post op. She was bored and wanted to get out of the recovery boutique. She had no swelling and very little bruising. I was looking for a full face mask (Hockey mask would have been too scary) for the plane ride home. We dropped Ms Glam at the train,,then boom,,,2 days later her swelling and bruising started! Wow,,how does that happen? But she does look fab!!
Because I had you in Tijuana. I love the way u describe the medi spa in ur review. That actually felt like a vacation to me. And you are my vacation friend. I mean even right now I have so much to do. It was SO relaxing g there. Quote an experience. When I went the last time from the brow lift 6 yrs ago.there was no medi spa and Dr Quiroz was a lot less expensive. I stayed in post op one night and hired my own cab back to the states. It's great to see how far he's come. He deserves it. And btw, lovely terrie, did I notice how much his staff likes him? I think that says a lot . It's a happy place, Cosmed, eh?
Yes it was relaxing. I felt like a princess. They deliver the trays, then pick them up. "When do you want your hair washed? Can I get something for you? How are you feeling?" I'm sure Dr Quiroz's expenses have gone up at that new place. It costs a lot to run a place like that. I didn't notice that about his staff,,but then I wasn't paying much attention to that.
I forgot to say it was a very hot morning but I guess that was implied I feel so strange and weird. That's the only way I can describe it. Sorta like someone changed me all around when I was asleep. Oh. I guess that's about right. It so nice to hear from you all. I won't post pictures but I will try to give accurate result reports.
Hi all. I'm new. I am on day 11 post lower face and neck lift. One word of wisdom for those who haven't gone yet....if u live in a warm climate or have long summers u may want to reconsider ur ps date....I just dropped my daughter off to her first day of school wearing a pashmina scarf and a suede turtleneck jacket sporting huge black sunglasses at 8 am. Omg. Well hopefully most people have more help or less obligations than I do. It's a good thing I didn't read any of this before real self stuff before I went for it. I for sure would have chickened out. Truly I didn't decide for sure until 3 days before I went to Mexico to the good Dr. Quiroz. Things just seemed to work out in a very smooth way for me to be able to go....so I'm sure in another few weeks I will be taut and happy. And then I will figure out how to change my name here. That's just how I felt last night. I did not realize that it takes courage to do this! Congrats to all who have given themselves a gift that Cleo and Nefertiti would kill for. FYI I just read that a friend makes a person happier than 100,000! I plan to use my extended warranty plan to be more useful and make more friends.....so here I am. Virtual hugs to all of you from sunny (way too) California
Oh Train Wreck, I am LOL! I can picture you dropping off your daughter! Big hugs to you! Kathy
hilarious love it.