ANYONE WITH BCBS GET LESS THAN 500 GRAMS REMOVED?

• white5722
  • 2 years ago

Wondering if BCBS will approve only getting 400grams removed? Anyone have luck with a appeal process with them?

Comments (9)

Doctor finally took off 300 grammes per breast.
Hi! I was 38 DD, 5'3", 140 lbs and I got approuved into the insurance. Now I am a 36 C. Good luck!
I was approximately a 34 DD before surgery and now I am a 34 Large B/Small C. My height and weight at time of surgery was 5'4" 125 lbs. When I had my consultation with my plastic surgeon I did mention back and shoulder pain and they took pictures of my breasts to send into the insurance for pre-approval to show the skin rashes and disproportionate size of my breasts in comparison to my body size/frame. Hope this helps and good luck!
Same thing happened to me. My insurance required a minimum of 325 grams per breast. My surgeon removed 324 from the right and 375 from the left. The insurance paid the claim regardless.
I have BCBS and had about 540 removed from my right breast and 375-ish from the left. I had a MUCH larger right breast so they made an exception I guess because it was supposed to be 540 from each side (but then I'd have been lopsided--it was mostly my right one that needed reducing).
BCBS IL uses the schnur scale to determine the amount to remove.
I got approved without an amount specified. I'm 5'1", was 125lbs when I got approved. My PS removed about 590g total. So far I haven't heard anything from BCBS, fingers crossed.
I got approved by BCBS of Massachusetts for removal of a minimum of 325 grams per breast, which is very small amount compared to most insurance companies. They base the minimum gram removal depending on your height. If you're over 5'7" I believe the minimum is 400 grams.
I have the same insurance and am afraid they won't cover it for me. I am wondering what your before cup size was and after size is now. What was your height and weight at the time of your surgery and did you have any other doctors back up any complaints of back or shoulder pain or skin rashes?