You Got Your Tax Refund, Now Treat Yourself to Some Cosmetic Procedures
Chako S. on 16 Apr 2014 at 9:05am
Now that your 2013 taxes are filed and behind you, were you fortunate enough to get a refund? If it just so happens that the government will be returning some of your hard-earned cash, what will you be using it for? Electronic gadgets, an island vacation, a shopping spree... or plastic surgery?
We polled our community and found that about 29% of you are planning on spending at least part of your tax returns on a cosmetic procedure . Here's a list of how you can put your refund to work for you! We've rounded up what you can get done at the $100, $500, $1000, and $5000 levels.
At the average cost of about $100, you can try a number of non-invasive treatments:
- Fight unruly acne with a salicylic peel (Worth It Rating: 83%). Of the peel, member alyssa00 said, "By the next day, it looked smooth and had a nice texture-- it kinda looked like a real-life photoshop procedure LOL."
- Battle fat and stretch marks with a body wrap (Worth It Rating: 48%). In her review, 1hotchic raved, "45 minutes are you serious. But, the wrap really took off 2 inches in the first hour."
- Improve your skin's apperance with a facial (Worth It Rating: 84%). Member gabriellesolis likes Hydrafacials, which helped lighten her sun spots.
- Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles with a little Botox (Worth It Rating: 68%), which can also be used to treat migraines and excessive sweating. Member tl051c expressed pure excitement in her review of the treatment, "I am so stoked... it's been 2 weeks and botox for jawline (masseter) reduction totally worked!!!!"
- If you've got rosacea, there are a number of rosacea treatments you can try (Worth It Rating: 79%). Member CaliKMP is "very pleased with the Atralin and AcZone. I haven't had any side effects, like itching or burning, from either topical. And I'm THRILLED not to be on oral antibiotics anymore."
- Treat sun damage, redness, or broken capillaries with a photofacial (Worth It Rating: 76%). Member newAZgal is amazed with her photofacial results, "The photofacial cleared my skin of any redness (broken capillaries) or brown spots (I am a redhead). It has a beautiful even color now and my pores look smaller. Definitely worth it."
- Get rid of unwanted body or facial hair by investing in some laser hair removal (Worth It Rating: 72%). Member Excitedyetnervous91 seemed pleased with the results after her treatment and proclaimed, "Laser hair removal has been a life-saver!"
- If you're suffering from tattoo regret, PicoSure might be where you want to spend your refund (Worth It Rating: 100%). Member rcap is excited about his second Picosure session after seeing initial results, "Overall I would say it's about 25% lighter. It healed pretty good, but itched pretty bad around week 2. I can't wait for my next session."
- If it's cosmetic enhancement you're after, injectable filler Silikon 1000 is an option (Worth It Rating: 91%). It's used for acne scars, facial volume loss, lip augmentation, and wrinkles. Member artsy23 used it for a non-surgical nose job, which helped boost her self-confidence. A few months after her procedure she said, "I feel so much better about my nose."
- Blast fat cells with Smartlipo (Worth It Rating: 79%). Member ChrisBNYC did his first treatment in March and said in recent review, "I am now 3 days post surgery and have already fallen in love with my new look."
- If Smartlipo doesn't sound like your thing, there's always Liposculpture (Worth It Rating: 85%), which is intended to treat saddles bags and other "problem areas." Member Achilles68 was "transformed" after his liposculpture procedure and revealed in his review, "I was transformed sending my self esteem and confidence level to newly obtained heights."
- If you've got crooked teeth and don't want to deal with braces, Invisalign could be a great option (Worth It Rating: 78%). Member usaki's treatment took a little over a year, but it all seemed worth it: "My teeth look really perfect and beautiful now, There's no gap in between my upper front teeth anymore, and they are the beautiful "U shape" instead of the old "V" shape! I'm not overbite anymore! I'm not overjet either! All I can say is that my teeth are perfect I love it so much!!"
What will you spend your tax refund on? Share in the comments below!
Photo credit: quentinesmebrown on Instagram