Kate Middleton Chooses Bee Stings Over Botox

K. Mathews on 5 Dec 2011 at 3:00pm

Kate Middleton bee venomHow does Kate Middleton keep her skin so youthful? The newest member of the Royal Family is turning to bee venom in place of Botox to reduce signs of aging.

We told you last spring that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has been using this same beauty regimen. Apparently, Camilla thinks the treatment is the bee’s knees and couldn’t help buzz about it to Middleton. While most commoners head to salons for these special facials, Kate and Camilla are said to receive home visits.  

Before you go out swatting beehives in the hope of looking more attractive, it’s important to know that the facial ointment contains only around 1% bee venom. This small amount alone is enough to “trick the skin’s surface into thinking it has been stung, increasing its blood flow, collagen, and elasticity.” The venom is believed to fill in wrinkles, leaving smoother-looking skin. Those who suffer real bee stings may not be quite as pleased with their appearance.

It’ll be interesting to see whether the bee venom method becomes a fad outside of those in line for the throne, but in the meantime it certainly gives new meaning to the phrase “Queen Bee”.

Read more about the Bee Venom Mask.

Photo credit: © Nick Warner / CC-BY-2.0

Comments (3)

I think these fads are ridiculous. It's like those pigeon poop facials that were/still are popular. I think they serve a purpose for fashion conscious people with sundamaged skin to get 'exclusive' treatments, because it's a status thing and they are simply too scared to try fillers etc.

I reckon if some good soul gave Kate, Camilla and Pippa a touch of botox and juve, they would never, ever look back! The bee venom sounds like voodoo science and Camilla needs a lot more than that, unfortunately!

I think the palace seriously needs a better skincare-advisor-in-waiting with plenty of pro bono treatments for Pippa Middleton, lol.

A life of sun for them all has been seriously ageing. SPF once in a while wouldn't be a bad idea.
Reply

So, it's not really bee stings, just a facial ointment containing 1% bee venom? Interesting. I wonder how many bees they need to "milk" to get enough venom to make the product?

Raises a lot of questions...
 

Reply

Well even if it's tingly it can't feel any weirder than injectables to your face...

Reply