Took Me 5 Years to Finally Get Brave and Have Lips Filled! - Toronto, ON

My whole life I've had an underbite that makes my...

My whole life I've had an underbite that makes my lips appear smaller than they are. As I can't afford to have jaw surgery, I realized years ago that my face would hugely benefit from fuller lips, which would not only look better and more appealing, but affect my entire face by balancing everything out. And I was totally right.

It took me years to decide on Dr. Torgerson but he truly is one of the best doctors I have come into contact with. He has such an accommodating bedside manner and is both attentive and compassionate. You can tell he's actually listening to you. He's also just real- gives you honest feedback, talks to you like a normal person would, but with the added touch of professionalism that a doctor should have. He was wonderful.

... And my lips? Let's just say I should have done this years ago. He did a beautiful job. What can I say, the man's an artist. My lips look so natural. I had them done yesterday morning and even though they're very swollen, with slight bruising, I can still see the final shape coming through. I'm so excited to see my lips in a week.

For any first-timers (like me!), here's what you can expect from his office: a kind welcome from his friendly and personable staff, a no-judgment atmosphere, a respectful one-on-one with Dr. Torgerson, and then the procedure. He will numb your lips with a cream, and when you're ready he will take his time and examine your face as he works. I won't lie, it's a bit scary the first time- try not to look a the needle. Just find a spot to stare at while he works his magic. You will feel the tiniest prick each time the needle is inserted but it's not uncomfortable. The bottom lip is slightly more painful but it's not the kind of pain that makes you wince; it's just there for a moment and then dissipates.

When you're done, your lips will feel bigger than they are. They will be a bit swollen, but immediately after you will see the incredible results! As the day progresses, they may continue to swell and you might have some tiny bruises like I did.

Even though I take many supplements every day, I took lots of extra curcumin to help with any inflammation and internal stress, and also took reishii and l-lysine and a double dose of a whole-good vitamin c powder to guard against cold sores and aid in quick healing. I have been drinking plenty of water as usual and avoiding the sun and cooking near a hot stove or oven.

So far so good. Good luck to anyone who decides to proceed with lip augmentation. I know you'll love this doctor.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon