Post Gastric Sleeve Massive Weight Loss - The Woodlands, TX

It's been almost two years since my gastric sleeve...

It's been almost two years since my gastric sleeve procedure. I've lost over 100lbs and could lose another 20-30 possibly before plastic surgery. 4'9" HW was 258, CW155. Hoping to have a belt lipectomy, breast lift, arm and inner thigh surgery as well. I'm trying to determine when would be the most ideal time to have surgery based on weight, which surgery I would need (TT vs TBL), if I should keep working to lose more or keep stable. I've been at this weight for about 8 months. I'll post pictures soon. Just looking for more information!

Pictures Pre-op.

Just sent in pictures to a surgeon for the initial consultation. I am 4'9" and roughly 160-165. Although I know for BMI reasons I should be lower but I am very muscular. Also have a ton of skin! I would love to have a lower body lift, upper body lift (arms, breasts, upper back). I'm not sure if I should keep losing more weight or go for surgery!

Virtual Consultation

I've sent in my photos to a PS and am waiting for the response on his suggestions. I'm so nervous and I haven't even gone in yet. I'm worried I won't be a candidate yet and then I'm worried that I will be. I want to have the best outcome possible. Doesn't everyone? My family is supportive and are constantly saying it's time. Has anyone else felt this way? Like you aren't worthy of feeling better about yourself? Like you haven't done enough work to deserve it yet? I know I play these head games all the time. I should hear back within the week! Hopefully it's a positive response.

Consultation

I had my actual consultation and automatically felt comfortable with the physician. I am without a doubt committed to Dr. Lomonaco! The surgery will take two steps. The first to do the lower body lift in the vertical fashion to help cinch in my waist and help the skin I have in the middle, he will also do some liposuction in my upper thighs and my lower arm/chest (think side boob almost) to assist in the second portion of the surgery. The second surgery will be a inner thigh and upper arm skin removal. The tricky part of everything for me is timing. I'm getting married in June and want to be healed by then. My goal is first surgery November and second in February. Hopefully it can be done. This is a costly procedure but I keep thinking, I spend money on everything else why not on something that will change my life and make me a happier person. It is the best option for me. I know the surgeon will have skillful hands and provide me with the best outcome. I can't wait.

Official Date!!

I have an official surgery date! I'm so excited to be continuing my journey! Dr. Lomonaco is very skilled and I have no doubt he will be great. November 29th will be here soon but not soon enough! I'm soooo excited!!!!!! I can't wait to see what happens. Any tips or suggestions about preparation or post op care are appreciated!

Two weeks till surgery

Next Monday is my pre-op appointment then 29th is surgery and I'm getting more and more excited/nervous. I sincerely can't wait. I wish I had scheduled it sooner! I know it's going to be great but my emotions have been all over the place. It's a giant change in my life. Being overweight my entire life to getting to this stage; it's really like losing a part of myself (no pun intended). In a good way but it is super scary. Every day I wonder what it's going to be like to look down and not see sagging skin. I hope it all turns out well. It's taken my a long time to appreciate the body I was given, I don't want to lose that mindset. Anyway! Today I'm going to do some prep work for food. Preparing small protein meals that are easily warmed (buffalo chicken bites and chicken enchilada bites) found on Pinterest for sleevers like me. More updates to come!

Final Days Pre-Op

Completed all the pre-op appointments and surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday (29). I am beyond excited and nervous!!!!! I had no doubt in the surgeons abilities but in my body handling it. I have some servers nausea and vomiting issues with anesthesia. He promises to do all interventions possible to prevent it and I surely hope he does. All my paperwork is in order for my work. I've bought some front closure PJs and the lovely Destiny in his office has given me the first garment I will be wearing post op. They provide you with two garments and put it on you before you leave the OR. We bought a recliner, not a lift version but it is electronic. I'm a very short person so I think we can manage with what we got. I've also gotten a female stand and pee thing- I think it was called the EZ-pee from Amazon, super cheap and I hear it's helpful. All other items I'm picking up this week- gauze, tape, alcohol wipes. I feel ready but I know I can't prepare for the pain. I'm just ready to be done with the skin. The holidays are here so it's a busy time for everyone! Can't wait to see what's happening in the next few months!!!

Waiting!

I'm here in the hospital patiently waiting for my doctor. I'm so ready!!!!

On the smooth side

So surgery is complete and I'm resting. It's a lot 1130pm day of. So far I'm doing wonderfully. I have always had a terrible reaction to anesthesia. Well today... none!!!!no vomiting, no dizziness! Literally the best experience regarding anesthesia. They used TIVA which is basically total iv anesthesia so little gas. Wonderful!!
Pre-opwas fabulous, he did the markings in less than 10 minutes and talked to my family. He is literally the most down to earth and easy going physician ever. I absolutely love him, my family loves him! I couldn't a chosen anyone better. Gave me verses, rolled me back after kissing my family and I remember being talkative about my fiancé. Fast forward to post op, pacu was great I only remember saying yes I'm hurting and then it being treated. I have a pain pump installed (so amazing) and a pca for pain. I'm relatively pain free. As for The garment, I'm sweating and I can't reach my ass inside there to wipe it off. Annoying but not
Tolerable. I'll keep updating as possible! Thank you all for your support!

Home!

I just got home and now it's day 2 post-op. My recovery so far has been awesome. Very minimal pain. All of the nursing care was perfect. Annita was definitely the best nurse. She was on top of everything I needed. I ended up getting a lot of liposuction on my flank areas, thighs and arms. My flanks are the most sore. And the insertion site of the drains. Ouch. Walking has been pretty good. I'm ready for a shower. My mom is going to be coming to help while my fiance is at work for the next few days. I haven't had any moments where I had the thought why am I doing this. I'm so happy with everything. I can't wait to see how my body transforms. I'm adding just a few pictures I was able to grab in between, I'll add more as I can get them!

Swelling and Itching

Sooo things are going relatively well. I have developed a small hematoma on my right side, large swelling and bruising there. Otherwise everything looks pretty good. Major issue for the last couple days is inability to sleep and severe itching. Like wildfire itching that I can't find or get to. So far I've only slept a couple hours at a time at night but can usually fall back asleep. By morning I feel good then evening I'm miserable. Swollen and itching and just miserable. Any tips??? I would appreciate anything!