47 Years Old.. 143lbs.. I Want a Waist! Woodbury, MN

I am shaped just like my mother.. A total Apple.....

I am shaped just like my mother.. A total Apple.. I carry all my weight between my armpits and my waist. I had a breast reduction in 2007.. (Fully covered by medical insurance)..Best decision I have ever made thus far. I am getting liposuction on my back, hips, flanks, waist, upper and lower abdomen. I am out of my mind excited. My boys are college + age (22 and 19). This is truly a dream come true made possible by my very, VERY generous and loving boyfriend who knows how much this is going to change my world. I am so grateful. More later..

Love this dress… but as you can see it's not fitted.. I cannot wait until I'm not self-conscious about things touching my waist and showing the muffin-top. Fitted Dresses - here I come!

Pre-Op appointment today.

Countdown: 14!
Excited, but getting nervous. I had my pre-op/information appointment today. Boyfriend came along so he could be informed on what will be going on.. We are ready!
These are pictures we took today. With this last birthday - things are definitely changing with this body..ugh! Seem to be getting more "boxy" certainly not as tight as things once were. :(. So happy this is happening.

Dr. Hoffman was great - so thorough and personable. As of yet, I am thrilled with my decision to have this done with him.

Countdown: 2!!

Today is shopping and getting organized day... Happy Mother's Day to meee!! Tomorrow will be yardwork and getting very nervous day!! I can't wait to be on the other side of this and finally enjoy the results I've always wanted!!

Countdown: 0!!

This is happening!! Have to be to the surgery center by 6:30am.. Sooo nervous! More later.. Hopefully!!

It went great!!

I am very sore and I am much better if I am standing - that's for sure. When I had my pre-op appt. with Dr. Hoffman he told me he would most likely remove about 2800-3000 ml of fluid/fat. He actually removed 4800 ml.. I know that isn't all fat, but it has to be more fat that what would have been in 3000ml. I just can't wait to get a better look today.

Finally an update..

I've slacked with updating. These pictures are from my 3 month check up. I actually feel the pictures actually make me look bigger than I really am. Just picked up a couple of size 7 pants the other day.. I am very happy with my results. I do have a hard-ish lump still on my left waist area, but Dr. Hoffman is confident that it will dissolve. There is no doubt I should have had a tummy tuck.. I do have lose skin (from 2 pregnancy's), but that just wasn't an option.. Time & Money. I haven't been as disciplined as I should be with food/drink.. As I usually do - I will get that back in check after food and drink season is over.

The actually procedure was much different than I anticipated. I didn't prepare for the "creepiness" of it. I couldn't look at myself in a mirro for over a week. I could see my body, but couldn't feel it.. Uck, uck, uck... Of course that gradually passed and I'm thrilled to see myself now. Yay me!!! And I know I'm only going to look better and better.

Dr. Hoffman and his staff were outstanding. They went above and beyond to make sure I was informed and comfortable with the entire process. They took all the time I needed and never wrapped up an appointment.. I was always the one to wrap it up. Fabulous experience!
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon