49 yrs, 5'2", 150 lbs, Tummy Tuck w/MR, Breast Lift w/ Auto-Augmentation

I've never liked my breasts since giving birth to...

I've never liked my breasts since giving birth to my only child ( now adult child)...many, many years ago! Half joking about a year ago I mentioned to my husband about getting a "boob job". He told me to go look into it if I wanted one. I did, and was on the fence when I found out I needed a hysterectomy. I thought why not recover from the breast during the Hysterectomy! Went to see my PS to see if he was willing to combine procedures and he thought I meant a tummy tuck too, not knowing I meant was he willing to work with my OB. I said well....now that you mention it, maybe. He asked to see my tummy and I guess he was persuasive, because here I am with all of it scheduled!! I have lost and regained weight over the years. Lost 30 lbs about 2 years ago. I'm currently 5'2" and 150 lbs. I took some before pics that I hope to look back and say I will never be there again!
Has anyone done this combination before? Very nervous! I've been addicted to this site trying to get an idea of what I'm in for. It certainly has opened my eyes to all the things I will need prior and hadn't thought about. Any helpful advice or experiences much appreciated.

One week until Surgery!

Well, it's one week prior to sx, and I went to the PS office to pay my bill! I guess it's really happening! I think I have a lot to do this week. I haven't gone and gotten many supplies I may need yet. I'm thinking of ordering some CG's online but I look and look and I'm not sure what is the best kind so I've put that off. I'm quite busy at work this week as well, trying to get as much as possible done before I'm off for 6 weeks. Seems a bit overwhelming right now, but I guess I'd rather be busy than thinking about it all the time! This time next week I'll be in surgery and on my way to recovery!

Measurements (1 week pre sx)

Hips- 40"
Waist- 32"
Breast (nipple line)- 37"
Rib cage (under breast)- 32"

Last workout

Had my last workout with my trainer tonight before my big day. Tomorrow last day of work...it's getting so real! NERVOUS :-/

Hungry!!

No food for me today, and the fun I will have with bowel prep this afternoon! At least my surgery is early tomorrow morning. This time tomorrow I'll be on my way to the flat side :). Last workout with the trainer I think I pulled a muscle between my shoulder blades, the area next to my spine is killing me. I'm afraid it will add to my post op back pain people tend to get from hunching over.

I made it to the flat side!

Had my surgery yesterday morning. The day was mostly a blur. Slept a lot. Not as much pain as I anticipated. Most painful getting out of bed. Still in the Hospital, but I think I may be going home this afternoon. I had an allergic reaction to my pain med, my skin looked like a bad sunburn! I think we found a pain med I can take now. I've only had a couple peeks at my incisions. I'll try to take some pics when I get home.

1 Week Post Op

The week has gone pretty well. Surgery on Monday, stayed in hospital 1 night and left Tues afternoon. I took prescription pain meds on Wed, and have only taken ibuprofen since. Not much pain, just some discomfort trying to get up and down. Spend most of my time in the recliner. Love my boobs! They are "perky"! PS did a great job on upper pole fullness with just a BL. Breast measurement now 40". Bra band measures 32".

Went to PS office on Fri and he removed one drain, he will remove the other in a week. My remaining drain is only putting out 5cc per day, so it could come out. He likes to keep it in because when I start to become more active it may drain more.

I'm hoping to get the ok to drive this coming Thurs at my next appt. I'm quite bored all day at home and have 5 more weeks off work. I'm looking forward to some clothes shopping. I'm down 5 lbs from my pre-surgery weight. Now at 141 lbs. looking forward to working out to get that down a bit more and tone some things that are getting flabby lying in the recliner all day. I have only been able to eat small amounts at a time, and have been drinking a protein shake in the afternoon. I tend to swell a bit after dinner, so I keep that light and try to stay away from the sodium. I'm looking forward to next weekend, hopefully without any drains!

7 day post op pics

Comparison before and 7 days post

Went for a short walk

There is only so much walking I can do in the house, although I have walked 10 minutes at a time on the treadmill at home. Today I thought I'd walk outside since the weather is nice. We live on a steep hill so either coming or going there is a hill to climb. I only walked about 6 blocks total, but I could definitely feel a pull going up the hill. Now I have some pain lying in my recliner. Not sure if I've been taking it too easy and I should have been able to handle that by now, or if that's the activity level I should be at 9 days post op.

Over did it a bit yesterday

My husband ran a marathon yesterday, so I drove over to cheer him on and celebrate at the finish line. My plan was to park in a friend's driveway near the finish line, but the streets were blocked off and I couldn't get there. Ended up walking several blocks and then standing around in the crowd for quite some time. I was exhausted when I got home and fell asleep in the recliner. I told my husband the weekends are too much, he needs to get back to work so I can get some rest...lol.

2 weeks post op Pics

3 weeks post op Pics

Had to do a little shopping today :)

Oops

Messed up swim suit photo 1st time around...

Weeks 1 to 3

4 weeks

Feeling pretty good, sometimes too good and I do or lift things I shouldn't because I forget! Sleeping has been more comfortable now that I am able to lay on my side. Still get tired easily, but going for a walk this afternoon trying to build up some endurance before going back to work. I hope everyone is doing well!

5 Weeks

Feeling good, I've been weaning myself off my CG and trying to walk more to get ready to go back to work in one more week! I was so bored the first 2 weeks, but now the time has flown! Bring on summer, I'm ready!!
Green Bay Plastic Surgeon