52 Year Old Mother of Three Teenage Children - Menopause Body Nightmare - Wilmington, NC

I am a 52 year old mother of 3 teenage children. ...

I am a 52 year old mother of 3 teenage children. I have always lived a healthy lifestyle and maintained a decent weight but menopausal weight gain was beginning to creep up on me. After a full hysterectomy in December, my body went into a menopausal freefall when my midsection exploded. I tried in vain to mitigate the disaster happening before my very eyes but nothing helped no matter how much exercise I got or how little I ate. I crept from a size 8 to a size 12 in the span of less than a year even though I ate ½ as much as before, switched to a fully vegetarian diet, and exercised 3 times as much. My body image had never been so low. How can I be a mother of 2 teenage girls and not love her body or feel good about herself? I had to take action!
I researched my options and first considered CoolSculpting but read review after review of less than satisfied customers who time and again talked about the excruciating pain 7 days after treatment. Having had 2 serious surgeries in the last 9 months, I was not interested in anything that induced that much pain. That’s when I read about SculpSure. The process takes less than half the time with little to no pain or side effects related to the treatment. I went to Dr. Chris Pate at BioSymmetry in Wilmington, NC where I met with Deb, the nurse technician, who educated me on the science behind the treatment and the process involved. I made an appointment for that very day!
Deb and I determined that we would take an aggressive approach attacking four areas that day; upper abs, lower abs, flanks, & bra line. The treatment took 25 minutes for each area and while painful at times (used the second to highest setting), it was not unbearable. I left able to continue on with my day with little discomfort but took an ibuprophen to reduce any inflammation and drank lots of water. To be honest, I did experience some bruising and swelling after a few days and was a bit sore but nothing that ibuprophen couldn’t alleviate. After 2-3 weeks I began to notice a difference and continued to notice a difference as the weeks went by. Yesterday I went back to Dr. Pate’s office and met with Deb for my 12 week “reveal.” I am thrilled to report that I have lost 4 inches around my midsection, dropped 4lbs, and am back into a size 8! I have never felt better about myself and my body image! The difference that this treatment made was honestly life changing! I can confidently and proudly walk down a street and know that I’ve turned a head or two and at 52, that feels really good!
Thanks everyone at BioSymmetry! It was the best thing that I have ever done for myself !
Wilmington Family Physician

Dr. Pate's Biosymmetry office in Wilmington, NC is amazing! The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. They are extremely attentive and stay by your side throughout the procedure making sure all is well. Going in for another round of lower abs and flanks!