59 YO Sculpsure Abs and Love Handles- Wilmington, NC

I have been researching Sculpsure and pricing and...

I have been researching Sculpsure and pricing and decided to go with Biosymmetry in Wilmington. I had liposuction about 20 years ago and I'm going back to places the doctor wasn't as aggressive as I had wanted. Lower abs at the pubic mound and abs around the belly button are impossible for me to get down. Right now, I'm going to do 8 pads for $2000 on a special from a demonstration they are doing on the 27th and I'll lock in that price then. The plan is two pads on the fat on my pubic mound, two on the belly button fat, and two on each flank. I'm 6-4, 216 pounds, 21% body fat...26.5 BMI, which makes me a good candidate. I'll get measurements right before the procedure, but here are two before pictures.

10 pads, four areas 10/14/2016

I had pubic mound, upper abs, and love handles done. I did a consult with Dr. Pate, who went thru the procedure and did caution that the pubic area was off list of approved areas, but did say I was a good candidate. Deb, the RN who did my procedure is amazing! Their practice had never done pubic area fat before and are very interested in what my pain level and results would be. As you can imagine, before pictures and procedure that low basically had me disrobed totally, but Deb quickly put me at ease. Just be prepared for that exposure if you are thinking of that area. We did two pads on the pubic fat, two on abs either side of my belly button, but did up the initial pads to three on each flank for a total of 10 pads on four treatment areas. It took almost 2 hours for pictures and treatment. Pain level varied a lot. The pubic area has a lot of nerves and was the worst, but I was able to gut it out on the highest setting at 1.4. Belly button area was done at the same time at 1.4 and I didn't feel anything...maybe sensory overload because of the pubic area was done at the same time. Each flank was done at the highest setting, as well, with tolerable pain. I'll note here that the sessions started at 1.1 and then bumped up as could be tolerated. Deb suggested an ice pack on the skin next to the pads, which actually did help divert some of the pain. Afterwards I was told to massage the areas several times a day, which I have. The pubic area had a pretty uncomfortable burning sensation for the rest of the day, but ice packs helped a lot...yes, ice packs in the pants driving home and then ice packs with me on the couch in my gym shorts. Tylenol as needed. This morning, the pain there is gone. Very little soreness in any of the areas. They promised to email me the official before pictures, so I will post them when I get them. Overall impression of Dr Pate and his staff was very positive.

1 day post op

We've been in the car all day and didn't massage as often as we should, but the treatment areas have a lot of swelling. I'm icing now. I'll update as the swelling changes.
Chris Pate

Dr. Pate was very personable and professional. He went over the procedure and answered all my questions. His staff and his office area are first rate. Deb, Shena, and all the staff were professional and easy to talk to. They shared their Sculpsure experiences and didn't pressure me for additional services. In fact, my wife was interested in one procedure and was told that they had not had good results and recommended not to do it. Overall very pleased. We'll go back for "after" pictures in February.