Lower Bleph with CO2 Laser - Wilmington, DE

35-year-old tired of looking tired. Inherited my...

35-year-old tired of looking tired. Inherited my mothers big beautiful eyes along with the bags! I've always had them as long as I can remember. They've become more prominent with age and sleepless nights with babies! Had Lower lid transcongunctival blepharoplasty with CO2 laser under eyes performed 4/21/16. Originally went to consult thinking filler for hollow tear trough would be in order but Dr Sabini said this would just add volume to an already puffy area.

Day 3

Really sore today. The burning sensation seems to be worse then the previous 2 days. Most likely because I started washing the eyes with gentle cleanser as instructed which is starting to debride the area exposing underlying raw skin. Still using ice packs about 6-8 times/day for 20 minutes. I notice the swelling is greatly improved after applying compress but it only lasts for an hour then swells back up.

Day 5

Blistering under eyes has improved but skin is still pretty raw. Continuing to wash and apply aquaphor several times a day. My right eye is red and swollen, this appeared 2 days ago. I'm using erythromycin ointment 3x daily. I don't think it's infected.

Day 7

My eyes have stayed red for several days now. It looks like I may have developed chemosis? It's very noticeable in the outer corners. Looks like a sac of fluid along the lash line. Tried to put makeup under eyes for the first time but it just caked up. Follow-up appointment today. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow, I don't know if I can! Still some open areas under the eyes. I've also noticed without the aquaphor my lower lids become dry and tight and they pull downward. Hoping doc has some words of encouragement.

Day 7 f/u appointment

So I was prescribed TobraDex. The swelling is uncomfortable and looks terrible! Hoping it will resolve soon. I'm starting to worry about the lower lids pulling down. Staff said it was due to swelling.

Almost 4 weeks post lower bleph

Still red under eyes but swelling is gone. I'm not totally happy with the result. I couldn't quite make sense of why I felt like the result aged me but looking at my post op pics I think it's because of the volume loss. I thought I looked great when my cheeks were swollen, now I see a great deal of hollowness where there used to be tissue. It has made my face look heavy on the lower part but I haven't gained weight.

6 months post

I'm still not thrilled with the outcome. I think the hollowness under the eyes actually aged me. And I don't recall having the deep wrinkles under the eyes.
Newark Facial Plastic Surgeon