Tt with Mr and Lipo of Flanks

I am 36 years old, I have 3 awesome kids, I love...

I am 36 years old, I have 3 awesome kids, I love to run but can't seem to get my bikini body back. I am Getting super nervous now. I am having tt with mr and Lipo of the flanks. Only 8 days left! Just praying I survive. I am happy to have all you ladies to share this experience with as I am keeping it a secret from almost everyone in my life.

So thankful to have all of you, even if you are strangers!!

I wish I would have turned to this site sooner. This is so amazing to have all of this support from all of you wonderful people. This journey is so very scary for me. I have only told 5 people in my life I am doing this. Thank you everyone so much for the support. I cannot tell you how much it means to me!!!

Only a few days left and ready to get this over with!!

Just a few days left before surgery and I am totally ready for this to be over!! I pretty much have everything I need. I have been getting great advice from all of my tt friends so thank you for that!! I wish I could take a peek at myself in 6 months from now so I could see that everything turned out ok.

I'll miss my treadmill

I use running as an outlet and I am going to miss it. Dr says no running for 5 weeks!! I don't know how I will deal with stress over that time.

2 days till surgery and I am scared!

I'm 2 days away now. Actually in 48 hours from now I should be home from my surgery. I am definitely starting to get scared. I will probably throw up at some point from fear and anxiety. I'm trying to keep my mind busy but it's hard to not think about it.

In 24 hours I will be on the flat side or the other side!!

So it will all be over in 24 hours. I'll be getting ready to go home at this time tomorrow. I can't wait for it to be over. I just want to go home!!!

I'm alive!!

So I did it. I made it to the flat side. I had a rough day though. My husband said when I woke up from surgery I was saying all kinds things like I was drunk! I don't know why that happened!! I passed out and was not breathing right for like 5 minutes. I also am almost 100% positive that I have a partial collapsed lung. I couldn't breathe from the excruciating pain. It was super scary. I am feeling better now though. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

First night sleeping post op

My first night sleeping wasn't horrible. I woke up a lot and had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. My husband and daughter took good care of me yesterday and my daughter and mom will be taking care of me and the younger kids today. I am so thankful for them. My little kids think that I am just sick. I didn't tell them what I was doing. That's too much for them to handle I think. I hope today is better than yesterday because I felt like crap from the anesthesia.

These first few days post op have sucked!!

I wish I could say I knew it would be this bad but you can't read enough to prepare you for how terrible it really is. I feel like death warmed over. The day's fluctuate greatly from feeling almost fine to really horrible. I can't wait to be two weeks out.

When will I be feeling like myself again?

Please tell me I will be feeling by myself again soon?? I just want to be back to doing normal tasks, and laying down.

Day 4 post op

Ok so I slept ok last night. I slept on my back with a bunch of pillows propped under my knees and back. It was ok but I'm going to the bed tonight. I'm feeling ok this morning but still need the pain meds. I tried to just take ibuprofen but that wasn't enough. I'm almost out of pain pills which scares me. I am trying to take one at a time now instead of two. So far my only complaints today are the usual back ache and ab pain. The tube from my drain is really uncomfortable and I cant wait to get it out.

Hair appt

Hey ladies. I have a hair appointment 3 weeks post op. It's really hard to get into the girl I see. Will I be able to lay in the hair washing chair or is that gonna be a problem?

Is my drain gonna come out tomorrow?

So I have been dumping about 25 per day for several days out of my drain. The dr said I have to have under 10 in 24 hours to get the drain out. I'm guessing unless it almost stops I won't be getting it out tomorrow. Damn!!

So I have a confession!!

So I've been embarrassed to mention in my posts that I ended up getting a small (maybe one inch or so) vertical incision. I guess I didn't quite have enough skin. I am very worried about this. I prayed that my incision would be low and Semetric and my bb would look great. I also did not want a vertical incision. I have no clue how my bb is going to look in the end. My incision does seem low and Semetrical. Any thoughts from those with vertical incisions/scars?

Drain is out Day 6 post op!!

Yes. I totally didn't expect it but the drain came out today. Yay!!!

Horrible pain in my right side!!!

So I am officially one week post op. Yay!!! I am feeling pretty good overall except I have this sharp stabbing pain in my right side. It hurts when I lay on either side, go pee, breathe really deep, and when I bend over. I don't think its my lung because I had that in day 1 & 2 and it's not the same pain!! Any ideas??

Back to work

Ugh today is my first day back to work and I have to work 9 hours. I'm seriously not looking forward to it. I just hope I can make it through and stand as upright as possible around people so no one asks any questions!!

Back to work after tt, mr and Lipo of flanks

So I'm back to work and I will be working about 55 hours per week for a few months. Working has been totally fine as I have an office job. I feel like working is easier than being at home. I get to sit at my desk all day and get up often so it forces me to be moving. I was very worried about going back after just 11 days but it has seriously been fine. I also see the dr today and get all my tape off and see my scar. I'm nervous!! I know he's gonna say something about me being hunched over still but it's hard to walk straight. Hopefully all goes well!!

Quick pic

Quick pic. Not ready to post a pic of the incision/scar yet.

3weeks post op update!!

Hey so I'm 3 weeks post op now and Im feeling great!! The only complaints I have are that I cannot stand 100% upright and the swelling of course (which has subsided a lot). As far as appearance, I am happy with the shape and placement of my scar. Symmetry is very important to me so I'm happy it's symmetric. My belly button is looking fabulous!!! My only complaints are I still have a spot that has not healed in my incision and my lower abdomen is not smooth and is discolored. I am hoping that these issues will all resolve in time. I am loving my shape though. I have some pics to post but I'm a little nervous. I may take some better ones this weekend to post.

23 days post op pics

So I'm 23 days post op. I did some before and after photos. I'm really happy with my belly button and I can live with my small vertical scar but why the hell is my stomach so discolored??? Is this typical and is it going to go away??? Btw I kinda like my back side before pic better then my after.

4 weeks post op

I saw the doc today for my 4 weeks post op. He said the discoloration on my stomach is from the blood vessels and that it will go back to normal in a max of 3 to 6 months post op. I can live with that as I am going to Florida for two full weeks 6 months post op. I'll be living in my bikini!! My small wound is still healing and the dr said it will be healed within another month. That stinks cause no jacuzzi tub for another month!! Ugh!! On a positive note he said I may start running in 1 week!! I can't wait to be besties with my treadmill again. I want to be in the best shape of my life this summer.

Pics and no worries ladies

It's funny how when we go through this process of a Tt we all worry, worry, worry. I've realized that we all just need to wait to heal. So far almost everything I have worried about has either been resolved or on its way to being resolved. I think we get so caught up with the little things we don't think about the fact that we will heal. The human body is an amazing thing. It just takes time. I'm 5 weeks post op. I feel pretty good. I still swell a lot. I'm kinda getting used to it so it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I still have one spot in the middle center of my scar where my verticle scar meets my horizontal that needs to heal but I know in time it will. I also still have some discoloration on my stomach but it seems much better. I plan to start running this weekend. I'm nervous because my skin still kinda hurts so I wonder what will happen when I run.

Ran my first mile

First mile went well. Ran the whole thing straight through. Yay!!!

Worth it

I kept wondering to myself at what point would I be able to say that this whole thing was worth it? Worth the pain, the money, the stress, missing work, the secrets, everything. Well the answer is two months post op for me. I wondered if o would ever get to that point. I also want to do an update and review my dr soon. Too busy at work right now. Also I have updated photos. Everything is looking good. I just have to start running again and I think I'm going to be very happy with my body this summer for this first time in 19 years. What a great feeling!!!

Scar pics

I think my scar is healing pretty well. My sides seem a bit uneven but I'm hoping that goes away as I tone up this summer.

3 months PO

Very happy with my results so far!!

6 months PO

On Vacation and wearing a bikini proudly for the first time in 18 years.

1 year later!!

I can't believe it's been a year already!!! So happy I made this decision. This was by far the best thing I did for my self. I have so much confidence now. I love my new body.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr. Koch. He did an excellent Job on my tt. He listened to me about the location of my scar which was one of the most important things to me. I was also very concerned with symmetry and he was spot on with that as well. My belly button looks fantastic. It has changed over the past month and no longer looks like a mini butt crack!! Honestly I look at so many pictures of botched up tummy tucks and I am thankful everyday that I chose someone as experienced as Dr. Koch. There are so many details involved with this type of surgery and I asked a million questions when all along I should have just trusted in Dr. Koch's knowledge and experience. As far as post op care he has been top notch. He was there every time I needed him. I sometimes wouldn't even call him not wanting to bother him and he would call me. He has been excellent in taking care of me post op!!