Feeling Confident - White Plains, NY

I went to Dr Mordcai Blau for a consultation...

I went to Dr Mordcai Blau for a consultation regarding chest reconstruction as I am transgender Female to Male. The procedure will involve removing breast tissue and also liposuction to fill in a 'pigeon chest' issue. This is usually done with a double incision under the breasts but Dr Blau is hoping to do it with smaller incisions and less scaring.

Incredible Results!

Before I begin may I say that having officially transitioned from Female to Male several years ago I held off from surgery for many reasons one being financial but the others based on the surgeries I had seen. A high percentage of them leave horrible scars. The surgeons basically cut across the entire chest in a line and you are left with that scar for life. This technique also looks very severe to someone like me who had never had surgery before. The recovery process is also very lengthy.
However after a consultation with Dr Blau I felt brave enough to go for it as he is known for doing surgery without leaving visible scars.
In pre op Dr Blau made no huge promises of outcome as my age (51) may be against me in terms of skin elasticity. So I went in there just hoping for the best.
The procedure went very smoothly and with only about 45 minutes total operating time. A lot of guys I know had surgeries lasting at least 2 hours and some even 4 hours.
My friend saw the results before I was bandaged up and she was amazed at the job he had done. No scars and perfectly flat.

Now a little over two months since surgery (surgery was on Nov 18 2013) and I still can't quite believe that I did it - and honestly if it hadn't been for Dr Blau's manner, his supportive staff and the added support of my friend I doubt if I would have had the courage. The healing process was very fast, the bandages off at week one and I was back in the gym in just over three weeks with no loss of strength.
My chest looks amazing and much better than I could have anticipated. Everyone who has seen it so far is amazed by the way it is healing and how good it looks!!! This surgery has totally changed my life!

In closing I have to say that the whole experience was made so easy for me by Dr Blau his office staff. Maryann is amazing when it comes to making people feel welcome and keeping tabs on them before and after surgery to make sure they are doing alright. Also his anesthesiologist deserves great credit for putting me totally at ease! I had no nerves on the day whatsoever.

I would highly recommend Dr Blau to anyone seeking a skilled cosmetic surgery

2 1/2 years later

I just wanted to add a brief update for those interested in my procedure with Dr Blau.
Since the surgery I have done two photo sessions - one for a coffee table book looking at the world of bodybuilding and another for a photographic exhibition which opened in Toronto last year featuring giant 6ft portraits of several transgender men. I have also appeared in a music video ( a remake of the Weather Girls 'It's Raining Men' featuring transgender men) which was a lot of fun to film.
Elsewhere I still feel very blessed to have had such a skilled surgeon conduct my surgery and have recommended him to several trans and non trans friends seeking state of the art scarless results.
I have to say it feels good to wear tank tops in the summer with no restricting compression garment underneath and it feels much better working out in the gym without that encumbrance.
My body is still a work in progress but the freedom this surgery has given me cannot be put into words!

Improving my results further

I recently sent some updated pics to Dr Blau of my chest and to my great surprise he felt he could make my chest look even better and asked to see me again. I went today and we decided to do a resize of the nipples and a little lipo just to put the last final details on my already excellent result. I couldn't be happier and will be undergoing this final procedure in a couple of months. I will of course keep you all updated!

Second Surgery completed

Following my visit, reported above, to Dr Blau where he suggested a revision to my original surgery I had the revision 2 days ago. The aim was to remove and resize nipples (they were a little puffy) and to fill in a little at the sides via lipo and fat transfer.
The night after surgery I had to say I had rather a lot of bleeding from the right side but on doing research I found this can be normal on nipple revisions. It had stopped by morning and my friend changed my bandages. I have to say what I have see so far is nothing short of AMAZING. I am so glad I did the revision! I will post pics as soon as swelling and bruising etc has subsided....but honestly could not be happier!!
New York Plastic Surgeon

As his reputation in the field of gynocomastia is .second to none I felt very confident in my choice. Although my surgery is slightly more complex he left me feeling very positive about the expected outcome. I will update this after my surgery with details of my experience.