34 Yo with Moderate Double Chin - West Bloomfield, MI

I got my wedding photos back and I hated most of...

I got my wedding photos back and I hated most of them because of my double chin. I always had to be mindful in photos because I just have fullness underneath my chin and if my heads tilted down at all it is unflattering and makes me look more overweight. I could stand to lose 10 lbs, but this chin always remains when I'm super fit. Also, my jawline looked ill defined when I was taking pictures in profile. So I discovered Kybella and lurked on this site for awhile and decided to take the plunge!

The practitioner told me that more swelling actually leads to better results, but I'd rather get more treatments than have to explain why my chin is swollen. This is something I did for myself and it wasn't just about vanity. I just didn't want to think about this issue ever again. Additionally, both of my parents have significant double chins and I'd rather do an early fat removal procedure than deal with excess skin and laxity down the road.

I am about two hours out and my swelling is not bad at all. The practitioner confirmed that having fullness of fat around your whole chin will make it more likely that you'll have the dreaded bullfrog effect. So I'm glad I am getting it sooner rather than later and not waiting until my double chin reaches maturity! Yet, it is pricey!

I found the procedure to only be mildly uncomfortable.

6 hrs post

It really isn't bad. Just super jiggly!! The bulge from a front view became more apparent, but maybe more of a tree frog than a bullfrog :)

24 hrs after 1st treatment

They told me not to ice after 24hrs and only take tylenol . My husband didn't notice, which was a concern of mine. It really is forcing me to keep my chin up, as the swelling looks the worst if your chin is down. I tried on some turtlenecks, but they kind of made it look more pronounced as all the swelling squeezed out the top. Scarves are probably the best bet or super voluminous turtlenecks.

4th day update from 1st treatment

The area is still swollen and numb. No one has asked me if I had anything done so that is awesome!!! I'm just hoping I need one treatment because I want to get pregnant later this year, even if I have to have treatments after the baby lol

6 hrs post 1st injection: video of the jiggly

6 hrs post 1st injection
Eek! Forgot to post this! It is a strange sensation!

1 week post 1st injection of Kybella

The chin area has started to harden up! Still minimally swollen, but still no one has noticed! I don't even think about it, except I want to document (the hopefully dramatic) difference!

10 days post 1st injection

So I'm still swollen and it is just starting to harden up. I've massaged the area every day and stretch my neck up because it gets tight. I read about the mechanism that Kybella uses to destroy fat, which is the acid in Kybella breaks down the cell wall of fat cell.....so I thought maybe massaging the injection site would hopefully pop more fat cells? I'm no scientist ....lol

I hope by week 4 I have a better idea of the end result. I want no double chin, but it is also so expensive idk if I'll get a second treatment.

1st injection: 13 days post: still a bit hard

What I wonder is if the hard tissue is going to go away and be absorbed? I can't wait until week 4 and hopefully it will be enough? #medicalmiracle My profile still looks like shit lol

Photo collage: up until day 13

I can see it healing. I wish I would have gotten a better before profile shot!

3 week update

There is still a little hardness underneath my chin. I'm still on the fence if I'll get another treatment.

4 weeks post first injection

I think I'll go for one more treatment in a few more weeks. Yet, this time I'm going to drive to Canada because it is about $300 cheaper. I liked the results, but want my chin to be single even when my chin's down :)
I still feel some tightness and (warning: gross) I'm still seeing some fat being excreted in my urine so I'm hopeful the results will be even better in two weeks.
On the whole I recommend the procedure. I'm officially less worried when ppl tag me in Facebook photos lol
Accents Cosmetic Surgery