31 Years Old and So Ready for a Change! :) - Wenatchee, WA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello everyone! :) So I don't normally write...

Hello everyone! :)

So I don't normally write reviews, but I've been stalking this site for a few months now, and decided to share my own experience in hopes that it will help someone else. Reading everyone else's reviews has been super helpful to me and totally prepared me for the questions I wanted to ask at my pre-op appointment, which was earlier today! I'm all set, aside from some paperwork I have to fill out, for August 21st at 6:00AM!

I have always had large breasts. I currently wear a 36G and over the last few years with weight gain and loss, the cup size has gone up and down, but I don't think I can ever remember a time where they didn't sag. I never had perky boobs and like everyone else, had to wear my first training bra before I could barely see over the dashboard in the car. But that's all about to change and I'm so excited! I have had this surgery scheduled since the middle of March or so. I initially went to see my doctor at the end of February, just to see if I could get approved by insurance. I do have upper back pain and strained neck muscles/grooves in my shoulders from my bra, but I never really went to the doctor for it. I did go see a chiropractor for a little while though, for a herniated disc, but my plastic surgeon wasn't sure if a letter from him would be enough documentation, especially considering my visits were due to lower back pain and not upper back pain, but he said to have him write a letter anyway.

And he did! Apparently my neck is at a twenty-three degree angle forward, when it's supposed to be at zero degrees, and I never realized it until I went to see my chiropractor and he took pictures, but I'm completely hunched forward, all due to large breasts. Well, fast forward one week after my paperwork and letter had been sent off to insurance, and I was approved! I couldn't believe it. I think I jumped around the house for ten minutes, and then stared at the paper in awe! :) I'm sure others have felt the same way.

So today was my pre-op. I asked him a million questions. A lot of women on here have very full breasts but when I look at my own, I see marshmallow fluff and sag. I suppose it's really hard to judge your on boobs and how much they weigh in comparison to others, but I was worried that if they didn't take off that certain amount of tissue required by insurance, that somehow I'd be charged the full price after everything was said and done. He assured me that he could not remember a time where that happened and that he's estimating he'll take about 600-700 grams of tissue from each breast. Holy moly! I didn't even know I had that much tissue to give! So I hope that helps reassure other people that have the same worries I do.

I'm 5'7 and 194lbs (hoping to lose at least thirty more after the surgery) and he told me that I'd have a little more droop (but that they'd still be perky) but no significant changes by losing that extra weight.

Now that I've rambled on and on! I have a few pre-operation pictures posted and I'll definitely have more once I've actually had the surgery. My doctor couldn't tell me what size I would be but that I would be significantly smaller. I hope that means a C, but I'll take anything if it means I don't have to wear armor anymore. :)

On another note, I looked at a few before and after pictures that my surgeon had taken of his other patients when my pre-op appointment was finished (there were only about six examples, the others were all breast augmentations) and half of them had uneven nipples. This terrifies me greatly. I'm really hoping for the best during my own operation and wish I hadn't seen any pictures at all! Do uneven nipples happen quite often? Can the body change in the healing process when it comes to that?

31 Years Old and So Ready for a Change! :)

So I'm less than three weeks away from my surgery date and I've almost finished gathering everything I need for life post-surgery. I love seeing pictures of what other people have bought in anticipation for their date, so I thought I'd share mine, too. My local Wal-mart is having a really big sale until Sunday, so I bought a couple of tank-tops (only $1.50 each!), two button up shirts, and a couple of camisoles. I also bought some Tylenol Extra Strength, Arnica Montana Pills, Cocoa Butter and a roll of 3M Nexcare Sensitive Paper tape. I have some kind of allergy to bandaid adhesive and this tape was recommended by other reviewers, so I went ahead and got it. Everything is sitting on top of the foam wedge pillow that I got for my bed, so that I didn't have to be confined to the recliner in the living room.

I think all that's left is bottled water for easy access and prune juice! haha I'm really excited. I plan to do some before and after photos in the clothes I bought, so that I have something to look back on after my surgery. I'll post them soon! :)

Before Photos

So I took a some before photos wearing a couple of the new shirts I bought. I bought five or six of those tank-tops in different colors and I can't wait to see what they're like after the surgery. I'd never wear anything like that right now. And that button up shirt is to wear to and from the surgery. It's pretty baggy, which is great, but my boobs are still very prominent in it. I'm only eleven days away from surgery! It's all I can talk about right now, I'm so excited!

Almost there...

Just two more sleeps until my surgery day! I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. I should have never looked at the 4% that didn't think breast reduction was worth it! No more of that, to say the least.

The hospital called me today to ask me about my medical history and what I thought was going to be a couple of questions turned into ten minutes of questions. Wow! I didn't know I'd get a call about that since I sent in some paperwork about a month ago, but it sounds like I'm all set, and that I'll get a confirmation of my operation time on Wednesday, sometime after 3PM.

Can't wait! :) (And oops! Accidentally posted to comments instead of update. lol I'm on day six of eight at work and I'm so ready for Wednesday afternoon to arrive so that I can breathe a sigh of relief!)

On the other side!

So ladies I made it to the other side! I'll update with my whole experience in the next couple if days when I'm close to my laptop. I'm staying overnight in the hospital and while I was nervous at first, I'm very glad. It's a chore just to use the restroom and gravity is painful!

So glad I went through it though! Il going to get my first good look at them tomorrow when he will change the dressings.

Another update soon to come but for now, sleep!!

Home sweet home!

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet comments. I really appreciate them. :)

I made it home about an hour ago and have been parked in the recliner ever since. I'm pretty sleepy from the medicine they gave me every four hours, but I wanted to stay ahead of the pain game. After waking up in the recovery room, it felt like my bare chest had just been scraped across hot asphalt. I even woke up with 'Girl on Fire' by Alicia Keys song running through my head. haha.

I started my day out fairly early yesterday. Made it to the hospital 5:30AM, but because I had to work the day before, I didn't get all my chores and laundry done until about midnight, and I woke up at 3AM due to nerves. So I had very little sleep heading to the hospital, which was fine since I spent most of my stay asleep any way.

Everyone at the hospital was super nice and did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. My mom came with me and we went to pre-op to fill out some paperwork and then I was put in my own room in order to get an IV hooked up. This is also where I met my anesthesiologist and where Dr. Jones did all his markings. We were probably in that room for about an hour and a half and it was the longest hour and a half of anticipation ever! But once they wheeled me to the operating room and transferred me to operating table and put my arms on arm rests beside me, that's the last thing I remember. I was out.

I woke up super groggy in the recovery room and had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I was expecting to be nauseous since I met three of the four requirements for what makes people feel sick after being put under but I haven't felt sick at all. They put a patch behind my ear, so I think that really helped.

Once in my room, they hooked me up to an automatic blood pressure monitor and they wrapped a couple of circulation pads around my lower legs, that felt like a leg version of a blood pressure monitor. I couldn't wait to get them off this morning though, they made my legs so itchy, I thought I was going to go crazy. It was a pretty easy night, the nurses came in every so often to check my vitals and help me use the restroom and fill up my water cup. I was so thirsty after surgery and this morning, my throat was super rough. I had forgotten to get cough drops but really recommend them. I was starting to sound like a man. haha

Dr. Jones came in this morning to change my dressings and take out my drains. Oh man, did the drain part hurt. Yikes! I don't know how some people don't feel them coming out but I certainly did. I was pretty dizzy by the time he walked away. I have a follow up appointment on Monday, so hopefully I'll get a better look at them then. I got some idea today, but my right boob is more swollen than my left. He said I should be about a D right now and that he took 600 grams from each breast. I'm hoping that means that by the time they settle, I'll be a C. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but if they stayed how they are now, I think I'd be okay with that. They're so much smaller!

I'll post pictures in the next couple of days. I have two of the binding compression bandages wrapped around me right now. One just wasn't cutting it in terms of support and every time I stood up, gravity took over. Ouch! But I'm feeling pretty good right now, since she gave me medicine just before I left. I think it's time for some soup and crackers and a big nap. I fell sleep three times writing this post. haha

Pics will be coming soon!

Not feeling good today...

My doctor prescribed me Vicodin and I think it's affecting me negatively. I have had a huge headache since early this morning and I'm not sure if I feel nauseous or if I'm having acid reflux issues, but I know that the last thing I want to do is eat right now. Just thinking about it turns my stomach. ugh.

He said I could shower today but I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I'm not taking anymore Vicodin, so hopefully if it is affecting me, it'll go away by tomorrow. I had a good night of rest, at least. I moved from the recliner to my bed so that it'd be easier to get up and down, and that was really nice. I really recommend a wedge pillow to those who are wondering if they should or shouldn't buy one. I'm normally a side sleeper so it really helped.

Anyone else prescribed Vicodin that feels the same way I do?

Seven days post op...

So it's been seven days! I'm doing much better today than I was even yesterday. No huge problems other than my right breast being super swollen and bruised. :/ It looks so strange next to my left one, which seems to be having no issues. I had a clogged drain in my right breast, so I feel like that's the reason for my super-bruise/swelling issue. It's oozing still, while the left one isn't, and my doc warned me about blood pooling and how we may need to extract it if it doesn't drain when I see him this Wednesday.

I'm not too worried. My mom thinks it even looks better than it did and while it still looks huge to me, I can agree. It was really sore yesterday and there was a lot of pressure, and while it's still tight today, there's no pressure.

I'm still wearing the wrap they gave me at the hospital. Does anyone have any front closing sports bra recommendations? I am having the toughest time in my search but it's my goal to find something this weekend. :)

Went bra shopping...

I never knew buying a front closing bra would be so difficult! Looked at so many stores this weekend and finally found one that I love at Walmart and two that I have to return. It's Fruit of the Loom Front Close Bra. It's so comfortable! I had to buy a 44, when my band size is normally a 38 to accommodate swelling and gauze pads, but I will be going back for another one in a different color. I can't recommend it enough. :)

Also, in other good news, the swelling in my right boob is going down, and the nasty bruise on my side is starting to fade. Yay for progress!

Insurance talk and a few photos...

I just got some really good news today. I knew I'd have a hospital bill to pay but I was told I would have a little more to pay (about $400) for Dr. Jones services. Well, I got my Explanation of Benefits in the mail yesterday and what I owe the hospital and pathology lab checks out but it said that Dr. Jones was completely covered. So I call his office today and they confirmed that I'm all paid off on their end. I could have cried but I was at work so I had to hold it back!

The financial aspect of all of this was really scary for me but I could kiss my insurance company for all that they've done for me concerning this surgery. I don't make a whole lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I knew I needed to have this done, so I forged ahead anyway.

I uploaded some more photos. I don't feel like much has changed from the photos I took a week after surgery until now but I know I see (and feel) a difference in my right boob. There's blood underneath from a clogged drain issue that I had had at the hospital and Dr. Jones said that we could use a syringe to drain it but when I went to see him last week, he told me that it would just take some weeks for my body to reabsorb it. I go back this Monday so we'll see what happens then. I'm still oozing a little bit from the right side but it's nothing terrible.

Overall I'm so so so so happy to have had this surgery done. It was a source of stress for some months prior but now that it's over, I'm SO glad that I went through with it. :)

Bought my first sports bra...

No boobie pictures today. They're still about the same and even though my doc reassures me that my right boob will go down, I feel like it never will, but the fact that it's still hard and tender means that it's still swollen and healing. I just gotta believe that they'll both even out in the end.

Had a little scare. My doc told me I could take the tape off (and he was surprise it already hadn't fallen off at one month) but I think I had a mild reaction because most of the tape adhesive stuck to me instead of peeling off with the steri-strip. There's still black sutures around my nipples and there's a little piece that's pulled away from the rest of the areola on the right one but I think it'll heal in time as well.

In other news, here's a before and after picture of my sports bras! I just bought an Under Armor sports bra in size large today. Really happy about that! :)


Here's an updated picture of the swelling. Now that I compare to the last time I posted a picture, I can definitely see a difference in the right one. My doc reassures me they should pretty much even out to be the same in the end.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Went to the doctor on Monday!

So I saw my doc on Monday and he says the blood is going to take some months to absorb in my right breast. So I just need to play the waiting game. He also said I could use Scarguard, even though there are still stitches in the areolas. I decide to put a little on them but I'm mostly going to use it on the other incisions until the stitches finally dissolve.

I don't see him again until February, so here's to the coming months of healing! :)

Eight weeks tomorrow...

Just a few photos. Sorry for the quality on a couple of them. My bathroom has the worst light. I'm noticing small differences every day. The right one is still larger than the left but it's slowly going down and the stitches around both areolas have finally dissolved/fallen off for the most part.

Still healing...

I'm healing slowly but surely these days. My right breast is becoming less firm as each day passes and I'm starting to see the nipple turn upward, so I'm still hopeful that by the next time I see my doc in February it will have evened out to be like its sister.

From 36G to 36D!

So it's been a few months since my last update! I saw my doctor for a final time in February. There's still some uneveness (the right one is bigger/droopier than the left) but I'm learning to live with it. It isn't as noticeable as it is in the pictures.

I went to Victoria's Secret a couple weeks ago and finally bought some new bras. 36D! I love them. They're super soft, comfortable, and have small straps! In the end, I'm still very happy that i had the surgery. :)
Dr. Kenneth Jones

Dr. Jones has been very kind so far and has listened to all my concerns/answered all my questions. He's made me feel very reassured about this procedure and what I should expect during and after the operation.

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful