Long Awaited Rhinoplasty! - Wayne, NJ

After months of driving my fiancé crazy...

After months of driving my fiancé crazy researching doctors, I have finally found the ONE!

For the past several months, I have looked at more noses than I care to admit, read more reviews than Siskel and Ebert wrote, and googled doctors til my little fingers developed arthritis. I finally narrowed it down to four surgeons. I scheduled consultations with three out of the four doctors. The first two, although both good, didn't impress me enough to book. Guess third time was a charm!

I must say, prior to even going to my consultation with Dr. Kassir, I was already quite impressed. His staff is by far top notch! They go above and beyond to make you feel important and special. I honestly felt like a celebrity client! I didn't expect this...especially since the staff at the other two places weren't nearly as accommodating.

October 22nd - Consultation day arrived! I was very excited, yet nervous at the same time. After all, this was DR. KASSIR! I was greeted by Sanela, the patient coordinator and she immediately put me at ease. The staff offered me coffee, tea and even chocolate! How could you NOT love this place?

After filling out some paperwork, I met with Dr. Mojarradi. He took tons of pictures of my nose at different angles. He asked me some questions and answered all of mine. He also showed me pictures of recent rhinoplasty surgeries done by Dr. Kassir.

Moments later, I was greeted by Dr. Kassir. I felt as I already knew him. Possibly due to the stalkerish research I've done on his work the past few months ..????
Dr. Kassir is quite possibly one of the sweetest and most humble surgeons I've met. It's pretty amazing actually, given his exceptional credentials. Dr. Kassir listened to what I wanted and offered his advice. I couldn't be happier.
For the first time in the past few months...I felt confident enough to make a decision. I called my fiancé from the office and booked my surgery the same day. I must also mention...I booked my surgery BEFORE seeing any sort if digital imaging simply based on my gut feeling and of course, all the research I had done.

I scheduled the first available appointment. I was lucky that he had an opening in New York a little over two weeks away. I took the date and paid in full!

So my rhinoplasty journey begins.... November 8th is the BIG DAY!

Some current pics of my nose, with my incognito disguise ;)

So here are some current pics of my nose. I have a bit of an "Italian" nose. I don't have a dorsal hump or anything. I actually really like my bridge and hope to keep it the same. Dr. Kassir actually is on the same page and stated my bridge is perfect. I'm looking to refine my tip (especially the little cartilage point at the tip of my nose) and maybe take a little length from the profile. My surgery is less than two weeks away! I'm actually awaiting. I'm just hoping I love my new nose, especially since I all of a sudden don't hate my current nose...just needs some tweaking :)

Post Surgery

Yesterday was the big day! The surgery went well. Dr. Kassir and his staff were incredible.

Immediately after surgery, I noticed some minor bruising and swelling. I wasn't in any pain at all, only discomfort. Took some extra strength Tylenol for my headache. My mouth was super dry, so I kept myself very hydrated.

Day 1 Post-rhinoplasty

Sleeping was extremely uncomfortable. I woke up every hour or so with a very dry mouth. In addition, my neck is in so much pain from sleeping upright.

I woke up to more bruising and a lot more swelling, especially around my eyes. I look like an MMA fighter who received the shitty end of the stick lol Still no pain, just a lot of discomfort. I have to change my drip pad quite often. Can't wait to remove the packing tomorrow!
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kassir is quite possibly one of the sweetest and most humble surgeons I've met. It's pretty amazing actually, given his exceptional credentials. Dr. Kassir listened to what I wanted and offered his advice. His work speaks for itself. I can't wait to see my final results.