Tummy Tuck Success: Should Have Done It Long Ago

I recently had a tummy tuck after years of...

I recently had a tummy tuck after years of contemplating it. Now 6 months into my recovery, I am wishing I had done it years ago. I first visited Dr. Shenkar at the Waterloo Cosmetic Clinic in Feb of 2015 for a consultation. In addition to Dr. Shenkar I also visited another surgeon in town. Upon visiting with Dr. Shenkar and his staff, I immediately felt comfortable and knew at the point of making my decision, it would be his practice that would complete my surgery. During my first visit he explained the entire procedure including the all of the risks. My biggest concern with the tummy tuck was the resulting scar. Dr. Shenkar assured me that his patients generally dont have issue with the scar compared to the results seen. It took me 4 more visits over the course of the year to address all of my questions and anxiety over the tummy tuck, and for every visit, Dr. Shenkar met with me himself answering my questions and reassuring me I was in good hands. He never made me feel as though I was wasting his time, never charged me for my visits, unlike the other waterloo surgeon who charged me 100.00 for my consultation visit to ask him questions. Dr Shenkar even shared in my excitement when I finally made the decision to go ahead with the procedure. The time for surgery had come, his staff including his nurse Lauren were fabulous. I was so comfortable and ready. The procedure went as expected with great results. The recovery was not nearly as painful as I had worked myself up for with the exception of those first few days when I had to cough. Fortunately for me I had an electric lazy boy which made sleeping and getting up and around much easier. I was feeling myself 7 days later, Back to work in 2 weeks and the numbing subsided around 3 months. 6 months later, I am absolutely loving the results. I cannot believe how flat my stomach is and contoured it is. While he wasn't able to get all of the stretch marks, I am far more confident in my skin today thanks to him. The post surgery visits have been reassuring given the progress related to my scar. I would highly recommend the Dr. Shenkar for anyone wishing to get a tummy tuck.

6 months post op

I feel great. For the first time I feel confident in my own skin. So pleased. I can actually see six pack
Waterloo Plastic Surgeon

Very pleased with Dr. Shenkar and his staff. Thank you to the Cosmetic Clinic.