Loving them! - 300cc HP, silicone unders

Finally have the courage to share my own journey...

Finally have the courage to share my own journey on RealSelf. My BA is one week from tomorrow. I'm nervous but so excited. My preop was about a week ago and decided then on 280cc HP since I want a natural look. However, I have heard that you eventually lose a little volume so to make up for it I'm thinking of going with 300cc HP. I have an appt with my PS Tuesday to discuss. I am 5'2" and 105 lbs. and don't want to go bigger than 300cc for fear of looking too busty and fake. Further, I am active (biking, roller-blading, hiking) and plan to take up swimming after I heal from the surgery,,, all the more reason to not go too big.

My husband has been so supportive of my decision even though he tells me I'm beautiful just the way I am. The more I read everyone's stories, the more I believe it's really for our self confidence and to help us feel more sexual than we believe we are.

6 more days to go

I met with my PS today to discuss implant size one last time before surgery day. I tried on 280cc, 300cc and 325cc and we both agreed 300cc would achieve what I'm looking for and will suit my active lifestyle. My post-op bra arrived yesterday which made me all the more anxious. I still need to get my meds, prep some food to have ready after surgery for my husband and me, and clean house including preparing a "recovery" room.

Like many of you have experienced, the waiting is tough but it helps to have a "to do list" to keep from going crazy! ????

BA done!

Today was my procedure and an recovering. But let me start off by saying my doctor and her staff were wonderful! It felt like I was in and out of there for a short time.

I didn't experience severe nausea like I was expecting I think partly because I made a big deal of it with the anesthesiologist, so he said he'd give me antinausea dose before sending me home. The ride home was bearable and pain level was okay until about an hour ago. Now I'm starting the icing and feeling really tight around chest area. Will share more later but in the meantime will share a pic.

2nd day post-op

Had my post-op appt. yesterday and it was the first time I saw the "girls". All I could say was "wow!" I was cleared to shower but didn't have the strength or courage to tackle the challenges that came with it: not being able to raise my hands above my heads, and not letting the water spray directly on my breasts. This morning, I felt better so I showered and it wasn't as challenging as I thought,,,just took it nice and slow. Will attempt to upload a couple pics.

Day 5 post - update

I have weaned myself off the narcotics and am taking Tylenol (1000mg) every 6 hours for the pain and feel I'm doing fairly well. The most discomfort comes from the constipatation but was able to "go" yesterday. I am also applying cold packs every 4-6 hours and that seems to have helped with the swelling.

I was also battling an attack of rash that I thought was an allergic reaction to my post-op garment, but instead it was a reaction to either vitamin e oil, Vaseline or even the narcotic. The rash is gone now, thank God.

All in all, recovery is as most everyone has experienced -- a lot of discomfort,,, along with exercising patience and discipline to take it easy. I will post a couple pics when I get the chance.

1 week post

It's been one week and I'm actually feeling great despite the fact that I returned to work today. The pics I'm uploading with this post shows remnants of the rash that came on and I'm pretty sure it was a reaction to the narcotics. Glad I'm off of it; still taking Tylenol every six hours although I'm thinking I might taper off of those since the only severe pain I'm experiencing are the sharp pains that come and go, lasting only a second or two. I see my PS tomorrow (my 2nd post-op appt.). I expect to have the incision tapes removed and be taught how to massage. I am liking the size so far, and so does my husband! :)

11 days post

Hi ladies, I've been reading many of your reviews and posts and am excited for all of us who have wielded the courage do something for our self confidence. I am encouraged to see everyone's progress. Happy recovery everyone! And for those who are anxiously awaiting their BA date, it will be here before you know it!!!

Here is a pic taken today, which is 11 days post op. I don't know how to combine two photos into one photo so they are side by side for comparison!! Oh well.

Lol,,, okay having trouble uploading pic

The girls are slowly dropping

...and getting softer with each passing day. I have not taken any pain med for several days now,,,and starting to feel normal. Last Friday I tried doing some but exercises and felt good. I also took my dog for a walk on the trail yesterday and although I felt a little discomfort afterwards, it was all good. I wanted to upload this photo at nearly 2 weeks post op.

It takes a lot of patience

...to wait for the girls to drop and fluff! I used to say that the hardest part of my BA was the day of surgery and the day after. But now I think the hardest part is the "waiting for my breasts to soften, drop and fluff" as many of you ladies have experienced. Along with that is wearing this post operative bra for three weeks and it's been a challenge to dress for work because my post-op bra has the band across the upper portion of my chest, so blouses look kinda funky. Here are some updated pics which shows there hasn't been much change. I've been massaging them 5x/day as directed by my PS and I can feel them getting softer. I am not sure what to do about the marks at and near my underarm left by the rash that broke out (my PS said it was a reaction to the antibiotics). Does anyone have any suggestions? It's very unattractive. But my husband tells me not to worry about it. He has been absolutely super throughout this entire journey and although he felt I was beautiful just the way I was (pre-BA), he has been enjoying the looks of the new girls and insists on doing my massages whenever he can!! I have started to exercise (core rythms Zumba style, sit-ups and butt exercises) and have had to take Advil afterwards for some discomfort. Maybe I should take it easy still. At any rate I feel great.

3 months post-op

Here are some pics I just took today.

3 months post

It is now 3 months post -op and I feel like the girls are finally starting to "drop and fluff". I was a little concerned at first to read that many of you were experiencing the drop and fluff within weeks, whereas mine were still hard and riding high even at two months. However, I've since learned that it really takes 3-6 months for them to really settle, and moreso for me since I haven't had any kids (meaning my skin had never been stretched like it is now). I'm still so very pleased with the size I went with because it fits my frame perfectly.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I did most of my provider research online before selecting Dr Peters. I realize it's recommended that you consult with a few doctors before deciding, but after my first meeting with Dr Peters, seeing the facility and meeting a few of her staff, I already knew she was the doctor for me. And I don't regret it for a second. Her work speaks for itself, and although I am still a few days post-op, I love my results so far. Prior to surgery when I was undecided about what size implant to go with, Dr Peters took the extra time to meet with me to retry the sizers and go over once again my desires. Her input is valuable because it comes from years of experience.