Thin Upper Lip / 27 Years Old Female / LIP LIFT IN POLAND

Hello guys! I decided to share my story and...

Hello guys! I decided to share my story and experiences with you. This website helped me a lot and gave me a courage to chase my dream. :) I never liked my lips. Lip lift seems like a good choice as I am looking for a permanent and natural but noticeable results. I had my lips injected twice with Juvederm in a past. It wasn't worth the money, as acid got absorbed within 3 months. My "surgery" is booked for 15th October. I feel a little anxious, but can't wait for it!!!

The price for surgery is £600 + extra £180 for different blood tests.

My doctor didn't take any measurements. He said I am a good candidate as I have a long distance between my nose and top lip. My upper teeth do not show when my lips are open but relaxed.

Fingers crossed! :)

I will keep you updated.

Last edited by Viper Black on September 8, 2015

Day 1 | Surgery

Finally... I did it!
Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.
My surgery was delayed by 5 months because of my bad blood results.
I travelled to Warsaw last Thursday.
My surgery took place at 4pm on last Friday.
To be honest I am a little worried that there is not much difference.
I was hoping to get at least 1cm removed, but my doctor told me he cut off 7mm only.
It seems less then that...
Because of my bandage I can't see my face properly.
I have been told to keep it for four days.
First night was the most difficult as I had lots of pain around my lips and massive headache.
Pills didn't really help.
Eating is very difficult. For the first 48 hours I was on a liquid diet.
Three hours after the surgery I started bleeding a little.
I got really worried and didn't drink or eat anything until next day.
My swelling is not too bad comparing to other people on Real Self.
I will keep you updated.

Thank you for your support!

Day 2 | Back to London

I am attaching pictures from yesterday - Day 2 - as well as my inspiration (wish result).
Headache was gone completely. :) Only discomfort around a base of my nose but manageable.

Surprisingly the journey was quite pleasant. Trains and flight were on time. Lucky me!
People starred at me a lot and guy at passport control asked me if I had an accident...

So far so good. No bleeding. :)

Day 3 | Not much difference in my look

My sister came to see me today. That was nice.
Unfortunately she couldn't see much of a difference in my look. ;(
Swelling went down as well as the volume in my lips.
The only thing that I noticed is - when I hold my mouth slightly open my teeth are visible (just a little).
Is was almost impossible before the surgery!

Anyway I really feel like 12mm would do better job then 7mm.
I will double check the gap between my nose and top lip once I am fully healed (approx. 2 weeks).
It was 19mm before the lip lift.

Kisses!

Day 9

Hello again!

It's day 9 today. I still have my stitches and will get them removed tomorrow. Like I said before I feel like my doctor could take more skin out. In the summer I will try fat transfer and see how long it lasts and how much volume can we add that way. My scar seems to be healing fast. The only worrying part is a little bumb on the right hand side (top stitch). I tried to smile, but my skin is tight and I want to avoid stretching my scar. It stills feel fragile.

I will post before and after side by side in one week for you to compare the changes.
Have a lovely weekend people!

xx,
S.
Dr Piotr Osuch

Dr Osuch is very professional, friendly, understanding and knows how to calm the patient down.