Lower transconjunctival Blepharoplasty with fat redistrubution

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am a 27 year old female who has hereditary under...

I am a 27 year old female who has hereditary under eye bags. I know, 27 is really young to be tampering with my face. But honestly the presence of these eyes bags are holding me back from feeling comfortable in public and from pursuing the things that I want. This may sound overly dramatic, but all I can see when I look in the mirror are these massive purple bags that make me look like someones worn-out mother. I look haggard everyday even when I have enough rest and wear make-up. I am sick of feeling crappy because of the reflection I am met with every morning. I know this is shitty, but a lot of the times how I feel inside is dictated by what I see on the outside. When I look super busted then I feel busted and worn-down.

So I met with several plastic surgeons in the Portland area, one was an older man whose office was small and run-down looking and the other was a competent woman with a really nice office and pleasant staff. After doing extensive research I decided on the female plastic surgeon, I went to her office for a different procedure several years ago and was 100% satisfied with the outcomes. I didn't just choose her because of her office, she also seems more qualified and I liked her demeanor and approach better than the other doctors.

I am scheduled for transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty on December 13th, 2016. The doctor said that she prefers to do fat repositioning rather than a full removal of the under-eye fat. I have been doing a lot of research on this and have found mixed reviews. If anyone has any input on this method I would like to know your thoughts. I am also wondering how long it will take to heal, or at least for the bruising to go away. I have found some people who said they had bruises for months! I am in school and will be getting this procedure done during winter break and right around the holidays, so i am concerned with being bruised for more than two weeks.

Two days until procedure

I am getting pretty nervous and excited for this procedure! Two more days until I will (hopefully!) be bag free! Here are some more before pictures.

Surgery Day!

So I arrived at the surgery center at 6:30 am this morning and was on my way back home around 10 am. It's crazy how something so big and life changing can take so little time. I was put under general anesthesia and the worst part was getting the IV put into my hand. All I remembered was being wheeling off into the surgery room and then waking up and everything was done! I have no bruising yet, which is great, but is also weirding me out... my face is a little swollen. Overall it is a great improvement and I hope that it only gets better! I've been having a great day and am in no pain, but the pains pills are kind of nice to have. I've been icing frequently, taking arnica pills and putting arnica on topically. I am happy with the results, but am a little worried about my left eye, it still looks baggy to me. My left eye was more drastic than my right, so maybe the doctor had to be more aggressive and hopefully when it heals fully they will be semetrical.

24 hours post surgery

This morning I woke up a little swollen and bruised. My eye bags look very defined today, but I think this is mostly due to swelling.

Post surgery update

Well it's about 4:30 pm and it has been about 32 hours since the surgery was performed. My eyes are swollen a bit and there is some bruising. So far the bruising is not as bad as I was expecting. I hope that once the swelling goes down that this whole thing will be worth it, right now I really can't tell. I am grateful that I am not massively bruised.

Two Days Post-Surgery

It's almost noon on Thursday, it has been over 48 hours since my surgery and I am still miraculously not very bruised at all. My under eye area is swollen and puffy but other than that I am pretty relieved with the healing process. My right eye has been a little leaky and my eyes are starting to feel itchy (good sign!).

10 days post surgery

I am having doubts about this surgery and do not know if it will have been worth it. My lower eyelids seem swollen and larger than normal, which casts a shadow on my upper cheek making it look as though I am bruised on my putter check bone. I am keeping an open mind and am hoping that after I completely heal this isn't something that I am going to regret later on. Yesterday I noticed that there is a tight and tinder long sinuous line under my left eye. I am hoping that this is where the incision was made and not a loose piece of fat that has migrated up to my lower lid. Right now I am feeling disheartened and unsure. Feeling concerned about my left eye.

11 Days Post

My under-eyelid area is still swollen and I am able to feel a thick line under my left eye (possible the incision site). I can't tell if my bags are gone yet or if there is even much of a difference. Not sure how to feel, wishing that I had maybe gone to a different doctor. Dr. Waldorf is not the most attentive woman after surgery or during post-opt appointments, she didn't even see me immediately after the surgery was preformed. I thought that the results would be apparent, hopefully after the swelling goes down they will be, hope the internal lump/scar softens and becomes undetectable.