Lower Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty - Oregon

I am a 27 year old female who has hereditary under...

I am a 27 year old female who has hereditary under eye bags. I know, 27 is really young to be tampering with my face. But honestly the presence of these eyes bags are holding me back from feeling comfortable in public and from pursuing the things that I want. This may sound overly dramatic, but all I can see when I look in the mirror are these massive purple bags that make me look like someones worn-out mother. I look haggard everyday even when I have enough rest and wear make-up. I am sick of feeling crappy because of the reflection I am met with every morning. I know this is shitty, but a lot of the times how I feel inside is dictated by what I see on the outside. When I look super busted then I feel busted and worn-down.

So I met with several plastic surgeons in the Portland area, one was an older man whose office was small and run-down looking and the other was a competent woman with a really nice office and pleasant staff. After doing extensive research I decided on the female plastic surgeon, I went to her office for a different procedure several years ago and was 100% satisfied with the outcomes. I didn't just choose her because of her office, she also seems more qualified and I liked her demeanor and approach better than the other doctors.

I am scheduled for transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty on December 13th, 2016. The doctor said that she prefers to do fat repositioning rather than a full removal of the under-eye fat. I have been doing a lot of research on this and have found mixed reviews. If anyone has any input on this method I would like to know your thoughts. I am also wondering how long it will take to heal, or at least for the bruising to go away. I have found some people who said they had bruises for months! I am in school and will be getting this procedure done during winter break and right around the holidays, so i am concerned with being bruised for more than two weeks.