Living Happy with a Flat Stomach!

My stomach over the years protruded more and more....

My stomach over the years protruded more and more. It started as a small potbelly in my lower stomach area, which, over the years, crept up higher on my stomach. No matter what kind of exercises I did or what I ate, I was not able to reduce the size of my stomach. I felt ugly and uncomfortable in my clothes or standing naked. I learned that my stomach muscles had torn during pregnancy, years before, and this contributed to my lack of a flat stomach. I was able to hide my big belly pretty well, but I knew it was there and it really bothered me. I had enough, and I finally decided to do something about it. I decided to "investigate" the idea of a tummy tuck. After my consultation with Dr. V. I was sure that this procedure was the answer for me. I felt totally confident in Dr. V's hands. My results are great. My stomach is flat and I have a waist! I feel fabulous and confident in my clothes. And I am no longer embarrassed to stand naked in front of my husband. I needed about 4 -5 weeks of rest after the surgery to be able to bounce back and be myself. My scar is still healing. It is red and still a little lumpy from scar tissue, but most of the swelling has gone down and my stomach is flat and natural looking. According to Dr. V the scar will continue to heal and become less red and more flat over the next months. I look forward to enjoying my flat stomach for years to come. Thank you Dr. V. and South Shore Plastic Surgery!
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Dr. V did his utmost to make sure I understood what was involved with the procedure and what his goal was: To make my midsection look natural and great without looking like I had surgery. Mission accomplished. He spent a lot of time with me answering my questions, both before and after surgery. I felt very safe in his hands. Megan, his nurse, called many times after the surgery to see how I was doing and answer my questions. It was reassuring to know the things I was experiencing were normal. The entire staff, including Beryl who helped with the paperwork and scheduling, were friendly and made my feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone considering plastic surgery.