Buccal Fat Pad Removal - Prague, CZ

Dear RealSelfs, I've had my buccal fat pad removed...

Dear RealSelfs, I've had my buccal fat pad removed today morning. It took less than 1 hour, and it might be done even quicker, if I wasn't a special case (as usual).

My surgeon started with my left side and couldn't find the fat pad anywhere in my middle cheek area, so he went little higher, and it was (thank Buddha) there. I started freaking out, thinking - what if it isn't there :-D? The right side was done in less than 10 minutes, since he knew where to search it for.

I left the clinic after the procedure on about one hour with no pain or dizziness. I'm 8 hours post OP and I can see the swelling of the left cheek is more prominent than the right cheek, I guess it's because of troubles while locating it. The pain is bearable for now, can't eat anything besides liquid meals.

2nd day and more swelling

I woke up with much swollen left cheek, since it's been cut more than the right one. Pain is slight to moderate.

4th post op

Left cheek is still swollen, warm, it feels quite hard when I touch it. Still can't eat or talk/smile. Right cheek is quite ok.

6th day POST OP

Slowly, my cheeks are getting to their pre-surgery phase.

7 days post op

It's been 7 days since the buccal fat pad removal. I'm still bit swollen.

Major swelling is gone

Hi RealSelfs, I'm sorry for wrong counting the days post op.
I'm happy about the major swelling being finally gone. I still have a little bump on one side of the cheek, and my mouth is still not completely healed. I can normal food for almost a week now. Still not sure it was worth it, but I guess ill have to give it some more time.

Before and after

Hello Real Selfers, I'm posting some pictures before and after the surgery. I realized one of my cheek was a bit fuller than the other one before the fat pad removal. Now they are even I think. See for yourself and let me know what you think.

2 months OP

Hello dear RealSelfs, long time no see! It's been 2 months since my buccal fat removal and I'm so happy with the results.
Dr. Martin Molitor