42yo Mom of 2 Adult Kids and 1st Time Grandma, 5'1 180lbs - Virginia Beach, VA

I've known since my son was born,18years ago after...

I've known since my son was born,18years ago after losing 90lbs that I wanted a TT. In that 18years I've gained back 35lbs and have managed to keep off the rest. I feel comfy in my skin now but I've hated looking at all the loose skin and deformed belly button. So now I've taken the leap and had my surgery as of Monday. I'm 5 days out and yes, I'm sore BUT feeling pretty good, I already see such phenomenal results even through my swollen skin!!! I've taken before photos and will post some after shortly.

10 days post-op

Almost 11 days post-op

So since I'm almost 11 days post-op I want to share that I'm healing a little bit each day. I feel my energy coming back as well. It's been tough and fairly smooth at the same time. I feel lucky that my PS is very honest in preparing me for what to expect. However one thing I didn't expect was the very full feeling you have when eating. Now due to muscle repair I get full much faster (which is a plus) and what was a regular meal for me has been cut in half. I also didn't realize when I ate a small bit of chili that I'd have the most miserable night since surgery (a lot of fiber + tomato acidity) made my belly feel like it was going to burst at the seams! And..I never thought I'd have a second pretty miserable day/night, but I did because of severe arm muscle pain, I guess this is due to using them to lift all my body weight so as not to use my abs. I hope this may be helpful to others in their TT journey. All in all only being 11 days out, it's been a great experience thus far!!
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon