Rhinoplasty for Local LA Girl - Verdugo City, CA

Hi everyone, First, I want to say I am writing...

Hi everyone,

First, I want to say I am writing this review 15 days post op for my rhinoplasty I had with Dr. Grigoryants on 10/18/16, so there is still a good amount go swelling. All of the pictures were taken with my Canon rebel with the flash on. And I don’t have makeup on in some of them too, so beware!

I decided to have a nose job because I have always disliked how my nose would widen and flatten when I smiled. I told the Dr that was the sole reason I wanted to have the procedure. We decided on narrowing and defining the tip, decreasing the nostrils and smoothing the bridge (I had the tiniest hump on my bridge but figured I should just have it shaved since I was having the prodecure anyway.) I basically told him I wanted a small and cute nose.

Like I mentioned, it’s been 2 weeks since surgery and I’ve gone through a bunch of different emotions and from what I’ve read, this is completely normal. It seems that my new nose looks different everyday. I know I need to be patient because I still have a long way to go before the swelling goes down and the nose settles but I needed to post this review and get it off my chest since I don’t want to discuss it with my family and friends. They already think I am crazy for having the operation!

I am not thrilled with my new nose for two reasons - there is a dent on the left side of the tip and the lower bridge appears to be crooked. I did not have either of these issues before the surgery, so it has caused a bit of stress for me. I did email the Dr and they told me it’s normal to have uneven swelling but did not comment on the dent. I’ve been doing research and it appears that I will likely have to have a revision rhinoplasty or fillers in the future in order to correct this. Please keep in mind I have not discussed this with the Dr yet, it is just based off of what I have read. So, I am super bummed about this because: 1) I really don’t want to spend anymore money on my nose 2) I’m now self conscious about the dent and it’s all I see when I look in the mirror.

I’m not writing this review to bad mouth the Dr. I read all the reviews on him and viewed the pictures and felt confident about my decision to have him perform the surgery. He has an amazing portfolio and I was very excited to get one of his noses. I just think things happen sometimes and you have to accept that. The mistake I made with all of this is that I did not prepare myself for the possibility that my nose might now turn out how I wanted it to be. I just thought it was going to look super amazing and perfect and it does not, and that’s okay too, I suppose.

I’m sorry if my thoughts are all over the place - like I said, I needed an outlet and and am hoping to hear some of the communities thoughts on how you all dealt with the issues you were not expecting post surgery. I will probably update this in a month or so to show everyone how I am healing. I’m hoping the next update will have a positive result!

Before and after (after is 16 days post op)

6 weeks post op update

It's been just about 6 weeks since surgery and I still have mixed feelings about my nose. My breathing is back to normal so I'm thrilled about that. The dent on the left side of my tip has definitely not gone away and I look weird when I smile because of it. The swelling is getting slowly better but some days my nose looks puffier for sure. Most people can not tell I've had work done until I show them pictures and the general reaction is that it looks very natural. I'm seeing Dr. G next weekend and will address my concerns about the dent.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon