Newly Engaged, Wanting Tattoo off my Upper Back - Creve Coeur, MO

I've had a cross tattoo on my upper back for 8-9...

I've had a cross tattoo on my upper back for 8-9 years now. For the last 5 years I've wanted it removed. My beliefs have changed and because of that, I am very embarrassed to have such a tattoo on myself.

I am 27, female, newly engaged, and do not want this shown on my wedding day

Side note, I love tattoos. I have about 15. This is just not one I am proud of anymore.

I went to The Vein Specialties outside of St Louis, MO. After doing a consult, I was quoted a price, had the procedure explained, etc. I was ready to do it so we did my first session right away after the consult.

For the size of my tattoo, it's $200 per session, probably 5-10 sessions needed. They use the "Astanza Laser" for what that's worth. My technician was Mary, and she was great!

Honestly I've been so scared to get this done because of the horror stories I've see and heard of the pain and the blistering afterwards. I'll tell you what, I have a very high pain tolerance so this may not be the best review to read, but it really did not hurt. It felt like little rubber bands snapping you over and over , or a light electric shock zapping you over and over. Honestly the tattoo itself hurt worse and even that doesn't hurt lol.

All and all I'm very happy. This is obviously just the first day and the first session but I can definitely tell its faded a little.

I'll post more updates as they come!

2nd treatment

I'm more than happy with the results after the first treatment! It's faded dramatically! Hard to tell with these photos by the dr showed me the before and after photos that they took and wow, what a difference!!! I went in for my second session today, and here are the grewsum results haha! Looks worse than it really is. Lots of blistering this time but not a lot of pain. I'll try to take another photo once it's completely healed.

Second session almost healed. Are these white spots normal?

Second session done, and almost all healed. A couple scabs left.

This time I have a lot of white areas though, is that normal or should I be worried? Will that be the color of my skin in those spots from here on out??!

After second session

Here is an updated photo after my second session was healed. I have some hypo pigmentation but not a lot, nurse said that would go back to normally after treatment has been completed.

She took the time to explain everything to me, give me realistic expectations, answered my questions, and even fit me in the same day as my consult