Boob Blues No More!!! My 30 Year Old Boobs Look Like 30 Year Old Boobs! - Vancouver, WA

Everyone wanted my boobs. They loved my boobs. But...

Everyone wanted my boobs. They loved my boobs. But let me tell ya, big boobs are a bitch. For someone who's had them since 4th grade, let's just say by age 30 they weren't looking like perky 30 year old breasts ???? Finding a bra was terrible and expensive. Finding clothes that looked good was exhausting. Bathing suits: foregetaboutit. I was constantly feeling the need to give my glad a "lift and separate" (I'm sure I gave plenty of people a show).

Well as of June 8, 2015 I'm a new woman! My boobs are smaller and I'm kicking myself for not doing this 10 years ago! What was I waiting for?

I'm on day 9 of recovery and I can already feel the difference. So this is what most women feel like. I can't remember the last time I haven't had to adjust the gals every few moments. The weight off my chest is the largest difference. I've had to relearn how to sit and stand. No longer do I have to adjust my stance to balance myself against my boobs.

Today was my first day back to work. Everyone is super supportive and helpful which I am forever grateful. I wouldn't have made it through today without them. It was funny watchjng them try and see the difference. Kinda hard when I'm packed into a sports bra and a shirt that fully covers it. It took me so long to get dressed today due to trying to find a shirt that covered the sports bra. Ugh.

I'm mainly curious about the recovery. I've been searching blogs, but it seems like after a few months everyone forgets about their blog. I have care instructions for the next year from my surgeon so I know it's an ongoing experience. I started a blog and am determined to carry it through a year. Mainly for me to be able to look back on and see the pictures of my progress, but I also want to help others.

11 days post op

Went to the doc today to get my stitches out. Didn't feel a thing! They said my breasts were healing extra fast. Yay! I have one small area on my left breast that has opened up. They said that's to be expected and it will heal quickly. Just keep the tape off of it so it can breath. My right breast has some coloring on the undercarriage. They didn't know what to make of it. Just have to keep an eye on it and hopefully it goes away. I'll post pics later this week when I change my tape.

Spaghetti Straps and Perky Boobs!

Holy heck! For the first time since middle school I was able to wear a spaghetti strap dress! Plus I didn't have to "adjust" myself once. It was an amazing feeling. I got pretty sweaty today, but not being tied down with a minimizer bra, cami then dress, I was able to really enjoy the weather. I've been struggling with outfits since I don't really have many outfits that cover my sportsbra. Well today I remembered that I had 3 cami sportsbras.

I used these as extra support without the annoyance of an under tank. It was perfect. Held me up and supported me, but allowed me to wear what I wanted. I'm the happiest woman alive.

I took Little S. to get her 1st pedicure today. It was sooo much fun. After that we went to the park, had a picnic and played at the water feature. Once she was down for her nap and my boyfriend was home I managed to make it to my friend's son's 1 year Bday party and my other friend's bridal shower; all in a matter of 4 hours. Today was one of the better days I've had in a while.

Incision Holes...Day 14 Recovery

Took my tape off tonight and found 2 incision holes on my right breast. These are even smaller than the one on my left breast; they're really more of cracks that's leaking some fluid and blood. Lovely ain't it :)

They're getting really great shape. My right side has a small "lump" above the areola that hasn't fallen yet, but the left side fell yesterday!

The undercarriage is pretty cracked as expected. Healing nicely tho.

You can see the small white dot where the scars "T". I put neosporen on it today which is the white that you see. I can see it healing over the past 2 days which makes me feel better.

The right sides not too happy right now. This just happened since yesterday...oh man! I put neosporen on them tonight and will gauze over them instead of tape until they're healed.

3 weeks and I'm feeling outta shape!

Monday - Friday last week was a hard week. I had felt like I was going backwards in my recovery. Everything hurt. Well Saturday was a new leaf. I woke up at 6am to go garage saling with my 8 months pregnant best friend. We walked around for 3 hours thinking it had only been an hour. We felt much better about complaining about our feet. I found that since I've been pretty much sedentary for 3 weeks that walking for 3 hours was a push for me. My feet hurt, calves were tight and my hips were burning. Once I left her I ran errands for 2 more hours. I then drove 1.25 hours for my twin cousin's 13th birthday party. After 2.5 hours there I was burnt out. I made it home in about 45 min since traffic had dispersed. I went to my mother's house to change (I needed my heavy duty sports bra after a day of that much moving) and headed to my brother's mother-in-law's bachelorette party. Let's say I have no words for how that party went LOL...

By the time I got home I felt beat up. Luckily I have the best boyfriend in the world. He immediately took off my sandals and gave my feet and calves a rubdown. Man that felt amazing. Sunday was spent recovering from Saturday. I felt beat up and exhausted. Who knew 3 weeks would make me so out of shape! Today I went to work and after a 30 min lunch rush, I was done.

I can't work out for another 3 weeks, but I have decided to come up with a workout routine that I can do that won't hurt the gals. Once I come up with that, I'll share it with you.

Tape was removed this morning for its weekly cleaning and retaping. The incision holes are healing nicely. I think they'll be completly healed in under 2 weeks. My scar lines aren't very dark which is promising. I'll continue to use the tape to help the scars stay soft.

Picture time :)

Another hole!

Its been one month since my surgery. This past week I've had some very interesting symptoms/events.

1. Went to beach for the 4th and got to wear my 1st bikini!!!!

2. My nipples (not areolas) are painfully itchy. No sign of infection or lose of blood/oxygen so I can only equate it to scar tissue healing.

3. I've found 4 stitches that have worked their way "out". I've pulled 2 others out easily, but these 4 suckers are here to stay until my next post op.

4. Incision lines are healing great!

5. Except for one spot on my left breast :( I noticed it this weekend. It was a dark spot right on the incision line. When I touched it, it caved in a bit. Tonight when I took my tape off and touched the spot again it started gushing blood. Put some neosporen in the hole, taped over it then gauzed it up. Hopefully that'll do.

6. My breasts haven't peeled or gotten dry as much as I was warned they would. In fact it's barely been noticeable. Maybe thanks to my naturally oily skin.

I have a post op this Friday. Great timing with the stitches and new hole. My main concern is that I might need a stitch for this hole. Gushing blood doesn't seem like a good thing.

I'm ok...just popped a suture

Well I had my one month checkup today. Nurse saw my hole. Said I popped a suture, but that it's healing nicely; meaning no more stitches for me! Woohoo! Just have to keep doing what I've been doing with it. She removed 2 anchor stitches from each nipple that were poking out. Easy peezy. Then she had to remove the sucker on my right side close to my armpit that's been sticking out and rubbing on things. Ouch! It was a knot that had embedded itself into my skin. She had to work it loose then pull on it to cut a good portion. I got a bit sweaty on that one. Super sore there now too, but I'm sure it'll feel better tomorrow. She says they're looking great and excited to see that the incision lines are exactly where my normal creases are! Plus I barely have any lumping. The little I have will go away with use of the compression tape. I don't have to go back until October where I'll see Dr. Workman finally; haven't seen him since day of surgery. It'll be exciting to see what he thinks after 5 months.

Rollers and Scar Lines

Took my tape off today and was pleasantly surprised! A few spots on my incision lines are already fading!

My left breast doesnt look as good due to the suture popping, but that's healing nicely as well.

Here's my favorite part about today. I bought my first romper!!!!! It actually looks good up top and I don't have to try and figure out how to keep the gals in line. I am so excited to wear it Saturday!!!!

Jiggles, Incision Lines & Stitches

I got some jiggling going on!!! It seems to have happened overnight, but all of a sudden my boobs feel like boobs. Still hard inside when I poke them, but when I cup them they feel normal. Obviously around the incision lines don't feel normal, but yay! I can actually jiggle my boob. Lol my boyfriends super happy about that one :) It's been 6 weeks as of yesterday and my doc was right on. 6 weeks and you start to feel normal.

The incision lines are healing really well! There's some areas that are already turning white. I can't believe I'm seeing that so soon.

I'm having a hard time with the compression tape. Depending on the day, it rashes me out. I tried to use the ScarAway patches I bought before the surgery, but they don't stay on. Based on reviews I've read on them, that can be an issue with the patches. I've decided to go 3 days on 4 days off; more on if the rash isn't bugging me too much.

I cut out another stitch knot 2 days ago. I wonder how many more are going to work their way out. It's weird doing it myself, but kinda cool.

My final thought of the day: I'm over having to be in some type of bra at all times. I just want to sleep freely again!!!!

1 year post op

And I haven’t looked back since. Well, except to compare photos. It’s been 10 months since I last blogged, but I felt like I didn’t have anything major to share about my experience other than finding bras on the $10 rack at Target and them getting softer.

In 1 year I have seen my breasts change and form into new breasts. I felt like the 10 month mark is where I really saw them become more “normal” and not hard like fake breasts. I am officially a 36C which is a full 2 size drop from where I started.

I can pretty much buy whatever bra I find. I’ve bought 2 bathing suits that aren’t a tankini and 1 is a bikini top!! I wear just a bra under my shirts and I’m comfortable. Summer heat is so much more tolerable (we’ve already had 100 degree weather) that I’m actually excited about summer clothes. I can purchase summer clothes based on liking it rather than based on how thick the straps are or if it will cover my breasts.

The scars have faded. I have a couple bumpier scars, but if they bug me down the road, I can always have a tiny scar revision. They’re so small that so far, they don’t bug me enough. The area under the breast that I had issues with the incision line breaking open the first 3 months has a bit more scaring, but as you’ll see in the pictures it’s not very noticeable. I don’t have much feeling on the under part (the top skin have feeling, but under it doesn’t) which probably won’t change. I have full feeling on top and on my nipples. I’ll have to wait and see if I can breastfeed in the future.

36DD to 36C

BoobBlues – The adventures of finding smaller breasts

2 More Final Pictures

I forgot to add the close up of my scars on my last post.
Portland Plastic Surgeon

He's amazing. First thing I notcied is he wears bright colored sneakers with his suit. Made me laugh. He really listens and hears what you have to say. So far the work has been great!