Bi-lateral Mastectomy w/ Immediate Reconstruction, Vancouver, WA

July 2013 I underwent a bi-lateral mastectomy with...

July 2013 I underwent a bi-lateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction starting with expanders. Multiple surgeries followed but I am very happy with the final results.

If any of you are facing this and you have questions, I don't mind sharing my experience at all, it's a difficult road and it's all about support so I'm here if you need me.

How they look today

Here's a current picture, my last surgery was mid November

The girls got a touch up for their tattoos

Portland Plastic Surgeon

I had the most wonderful team of doctors. Dr. Allen Gabriel in Vancouver, WA is my plastic surgeon. He is the most normal down to earth, kind and caring human being that I have ever met. He truly cares about each and every one of his patients. Dealing with breast cancer, surgeries and all that goes with it, certainly takes its toll on a person, Dr Gabriel helped me in so many ways just by always being there, always willing to spend extra time with you if you maybe were having a bad day. If you were to meet him, you would agree with everything I've said.