Why Did I Wait So Long?! - Vancouver, BC

Amazing experience. (Note: I also had an upper...

Amazing experience. (Note: I also had an upper blepharoplasty a few weeks before my rhinoplasty.) I've always had an "interesting" face, and I generally liked how I looked - my face fit me, at any rate. But my nose was getting a bit TOO interesting, and my eyes made me look tired and unfriendly. When I went for my consult I wanted to get rid of the hollow middle part to my nose, and the rounded double-lobes on the side views. It was a tough case, and I had no expectations about what the final result would look like aside from "somewhat better."

What I got instead was "phenomenal"!

The result surpasses all my expectations. People don't know what's different, but I've received no end of compliments on my hair, my clothing, my smile... "radiant" and "glowing" are words friends and acquaintances have used to describe how I look: they don't know it, but it's all in the nose.

It is still early days; my swelling seems minimal, but comes and goes. I only had light bruising, easily covered-up. My smile was still strained and my upper lip is stiff until just a few days ago (I'm now 3 weeks out), but otherwise everything is healing well. I do know that healing can be capricious and this result is likely to change somewhat in the next few weeks still, but if what I have right now is even close to my final result I will be utterly, utterly thrilled.

Day 9.5 - Before and after cast removal

Just for completeness sake, here's the cast removal. I couldn't move my upper lip AT ALL for weeks, so I looked like a total alien for awhile there. Tip has dropped a bit too, and looks more natural now.

Week 5: Less swelling is swell!

The swelling seems to now be subsiding rapidly, and finer details are starting to emerge in the tip. Some small asymmetries are showing up; these were from before, but a thousand times less pronounced and are in much better proportion now compared to pre-op. Oddly I kind of like that -- it's still "my" nose, just better. Continue to be utterly thrilled, and I'm trying not to obsess too much about on side or the other as the swelling does its thing. Also, trying not to touch it too much - it's irresistible, but I know that just makes the swelling worse.

(forgot a before/after!)

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

My entire experience was awesome: Doctor Bounassisi made sure my expectations were reasonable and realistic; for example, what I could expect because I have thick skin, but also what he thought was doable and achievable. He listened to my concerns, and let me know what to expect and projected a straightforward confidence that put me quickly at ease. His patient care coordinator, Jaryn, was wonderful at responding to questions and concerns during before, during, and after recovery. My result is beyond incredible. Absolutely thrilled.