Bye Bye Buccal Fat Pads

Just got out of buccal fat removal surgery. I'll...

The fat pads!
Just got out of buccal fat removal surgery. I'll keep it short and sweet. Took some Ativan, was no longer nervous but feeling relaxed and high. Waited 30 mins for the drugs to kick in and Dr. B. came in to check in on me and inject my cheeks with a ton of freezing. Once we were ready, away we went. He grabbed a tool and I wasn't even aware that was the knife and he made a slice in my right side and I could feel the typical pulling, tuggin. And what not. At one point I felt some of my buccal fat touch my tongue. Gross. The right side literally took less than 10 minutes. And then the left side took a bit longer, I felt a teeny ounce of pain and I told him and Jair as quickly he told me we were done with that. Then he stitched me up, gave me aftercare instructions (salt water rinse before I left) and voila! I was done in 22 minutes. I had a slurpee after. And then I ate Thai food (Tom yum soup and pad Thai....consumer very slowly). Now I'm home icing my face because the pain kicked in an hour ago. Popped two Advil.

Day After (Official Day 1) of Buccal Fat Removal

Last night I fell asleep sitting up with a compression garment on, after icing my cheeks. I woke up feeling predictably swollen but when I took a selfie I reslized I just looked like my puffy self, just puffier and chunkier cheeks.
My right side is definitely reacting more so than the left. Both surgical holes have closed up (in a mere 24 hours!).

When I push my cheeks into my mouth, that fat bulge isn't there anymore :) yay.

But yeah, the recovery is going to be a long road. I was expecting today to be THE WORSR for recovery but I am beyond pleasantly surprised.

Still taking arnica and popped two Advil.

The Night of post-buccal fat removal

Should've written this one first.

Hours after the surgery...I was really puffy! It probably didn't help that I drank a slurpee and attempted to eat Thai food (Tom yum soup and some pad Thai). I was starving and totally PMSsing!

Day After (Official Day 1) Pics of Post-Buccal Fat Removal

Forgot to add these pics - you can see on the side view pics, the bulging out from swelling. And the front view pic shows the right side being more swollen than the left.

Before Pics (Buccal Fat Removal)

Totally forgot to post before shots. I'll keep posting some befores as I find them. Official before shots from doctors office I will compile with my official after shots 6-9 months post.

Day 6 - discovering the infection causing the puff

So I figured out why the right side was still so swollen -- the hole hasn't closed up and I was being an idiot and touching it with my tongue still. Long story short, I spent an hour squeezing puss (yes, gross so gross) from the hole. Immediately, my face looked way more contoured. The puffy swelling went down (but still painful). I filled my rX for amoxicillin and now I'm on it for 7 days. Still icing.

Day 6 continued

Here's a pic of my right side before I squeezed out the puss from the infection

Day 13 Buccal Fat Removal

So basically two weeks post-surgery. Infection is almost cleared up, the hole on the right is about 95% healed and my face feels normal. I have started fully yawning again (as in full open wide mouth movement), started chewing full out now and taking in the comments from
Who saw me 2-3 weeks ago saying "your face looks slimmer" :) yay. This was the best 3k I've spent.
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great office, great doctor. Simplifies things for you. If only he'd let me get more procedures done! :) A good doctor will tell you no :)