51 Yr Old. 5'5" 135 Lbs Breastfeed Two Babies. Vancouver, BC

I have thought about getting a breast lift for at...

I have thought about getting a breast lift for at least 15 years. My breasts, like so many of us, are badly deflated from babies and weight loss. Pre babies I was always a full C cup. I don't want gigantic breast just fuller Perrier breasts I HATE the sag and loss of volume. My biggest fear is of course scaring, and then there is the whole psychological aspect, I am too vain? What if.... etc.

I have had 3 consultations and have chosen Dr Sheina Macadam (Vancouver BC) She totally got what I was saying and made no false promises. She uses a 3D imaging that show a realistic image of the final results.

I am going with silicone high profile, under the muscle and an anchor lift. Dr will decide during surgery what size, but will choose between 325-350cc.

This forum has really helped me, especially because so many mature ( us older gals) are in here and making themselves a priority!!

I hate to post my before photos.....but.....ugh.....here goes. In my mind, my breasts are quite possibly the worst....

Wishful results

Blood work ....check

Had my blood work and ECG and all the pre/post op forms signed and sent. I booked an appointment to see the Dr with my husband because he has not been at any of my appointments and I want him to meet the doctor incase he has questions. Getting a bit of cold feet.....I'm sure I'll be fine????

Still shopping for wish pics.....getting more nervous. What if I hate them? There is no going back

Some great pre/post helpful tips

Fabulous brassiere

I was at Victoria Secret today and it kinda hit me.....no need to buy a bra today because in just 19 days...I will have ....omg I hope, fingers crossed, Toes crossed, new, improved fabulous perky breasts?..... oh gawd I hope they are all that.....sooooo nervous

$$$$ paid the surgeon today! Shit just got real!

Paid up, pre tests done. I met with the doctor yesterday I think I just needed to meet with her again before the operation more for me, to ease my mind. It worked. Then I sent a few pics of wish results.

There is no going back now.....12 days left.....

A link to a good handbook to breast surgery

Holidays are coming!!!

I realized that I have to get all my Christmas decorations up this weekend because on Monday I have my surgery!!!!! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount of things I have to do to get ready for Monday. All the laundry, cooking, Christmas ???? set up..... overwhelmingly excited ????

Christmas ???? is coming early for me

Some before shots

20 Hours to go....

Laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping......and wait

Post Op 8 hrs

Well.... I was prepared for the worst and it's was bad but not the worst. I was pretty nauseous for quite a few hours. I got sick as well....pleasant.

My doctor came in first thing and made her markings. She is really so great, put me at ease as at that point I was feeling like I wanted to run away.....

The anaesthetist came in and went through what to expect etc also super chill guy. I was worries about the pain in my hand from the IV and there was none! Zero!!

My Dr was there in recovery an d we spoke but I don't really recall much. She did use 345cc implants as I wanted a full C

I feel like I have to hold my chest not sure why. I have pink residue on my skin from the procedure not a rash...

My chest feels lots of pressure and surprisingly my mid back is really sore. The muscles to the rib cage go all around so I assume it's bruising.

I feel a bit sick on the car ride so I went to bed and feel way better.....crackers and tea for now.

We shall see how the night goes.

Great Front close bras

Day 4, post op

I'm feeling a lot better today. Pain has not been an issue for me. It's been the nausea. Both my antibiotic and pain med list nauseous as #1 side effect. So I have been in bed or the couch for three days.

I found that I'd I propped up my knees my back wasn't as sore, however today I have a ton of fluid retaining in my hips... not my legs just pooled in my hips. So I am walking around the house and standing more plus more water to flush out the build up.

My Dr advised me not to shower until tomorrow day 5 so I am looking forward to that.....with interpretation.

I peeked under the tensor just to make sure I was not bleeding so her is a picture from today. Tomorrow when I shower I'll get another one to see if I am bruising.

Other than that, I feel better emotionally. I was a complete wreck filled with remorse, regret and felt ashamed of myself.....I can't go back so..... I need to be kinder to myself. :)

Finally feeling better

So I finally have overcome the nausea whew!! Yesterday I had sooo much fluid retention in my hips from sitting up with my knees up that it looked freaky. I contacted my Dr and she told me to sleep flat with two pillows under my head. Much better today still lots of fluid retaining but it is going away.

I'll update photos when I unwrap for the shower.........

Bandages are off

Had a quick shower and removed the bandages. I was scared to look....but I am thrilled so far. Not as bad as I thought they would look. I did feel a stabbing pain on one side when I removed the tensor bandage. I assume it was just from release of the pressure but I did feel better when I re wrapped the tensor. I see my Dr on Tuesday for a bra fitting and my first post op check up.

Day 5-6

Some yellow bruising. It appears my left side has dropped a bit more than my right. I can't stand the sticky residue from the bandages, I tries using a make up wipe on the sticky spot and rubbing alcohol but neither really worked to remove it.

A couple questions ????

So I am 6 days post op and I am wondering how soon people started moving their arms more? Lift light things etc plus I am dying to have a great stretch of my arm/ chest..... I woke up this morning at 5 am stretching in my sleep a bit plus with the very stiff full morning boob.

Plus my Dr ok'd me to shower on Friday which I had a super quick one because I didn't want to heat up too much so I didn't wash my hair( not that I could lift my arms ) but once you were ok'd to shower did most of you then shower daily?

Not having any pain to speak of, a little stab here and there, so I'm off of pains meds, thankfully they made me nauseous. I see my Dr in two days for my first follow up but I'm just wondering what others did?

Thanks ladies

My 3C vectra images

It will be interesting to see how close to the 3D imaging my results will be

One week post-op!!

Hard to believe that it has been a week already

I had my first post op appointment with my Dr. All is well. Healing nicely. Happy with the size for sure! She went with the 345cc which at times I think are a little big but once they drop more and take their place on my body, I am sure I'll be glad they are bigger rather than smaller.

I received my pretty post op bra. This is to keep the even pressure toward the centre so the implants don't migrate outward

I asked about cardio and was told emphatically NO! Not for 4 weeks. She does not want any blood to pool around the implants. Fair enough me either lol. No massage yet either just have to let all the internal trauma heal. Patience patience ( not my strong suit lol )

I did go to Victoria Secret and bought the wireless knockout bra 34D it feels good. I miss the tensor bandage, without it. I feel like I have to hold my arms in more.... I also bought a bralettte to wear over the surgical bra to give a little extra support.

The only area that I am sore is in my ribs. Weird. Still a little yellowish tint but no real bad bruise. I stopped pain meds on Friday no Tylenol nothing and other than tender ribs no pain. What a relief. I did notice my breasts seem a bit numb at the anchor portion of the incision ( inframammory fold) but I do have nipple sensation which is great!!

That's it for now. I will follow up with the Dr next week