425/450 Cc Silicone, Transaxillary Incision, Under Muscle, Small A to D Cup. Vancouver, BC

I decided pretty soon after puberty that I was...

I decided pretty soon after puberty that I was going to get a breast augmentation when I could afford it, fast forward 10 years and I finally did it! Prior to the procedure, I was most nervous about if people would notice when I returned back to work in my office. I told some coworkers that I'm friends with but for the most part kept it a secret. It's been two months back at work and no one has said anything, I'm pleased with that.
The day of surgery I was mostly hungry, not nervous, since I was given a later time slot during the day and wasn't allowed to eat. I was excited when the time finally came to go in the operating room. Before I knew it I awoke from surgery. To be honest, the first 15 seconds of being awake were extremely painful. It felt like I had a severe calf cramp in my chest, I remember wishing there was an undo button I could push to relieve the pain. But before long the pain medication kicked in and the pain went away. Unfortunately, my body doesn't like Fentanyl or hydro morphine so I spent my time in the recovery room vomiting and nauseous. I was brought home where I ate McDonald's before taking my prescription then falling asleep. I had my friend set alarms every 4 hours to take the pain medication (T3s) so I wouldn't get uncomfortable.
The morning of Day 1 I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Gelfant. He gave me a band to wear 24/7 for a week because my implants were sitting high. The pain on day 1 wasn't horrible, I needed assistance sitting up and going to the washroom. My nipples were sore from the pressure behind them and I couldn't lift my arms to high without discomfort. I began the stretches Dr. Gelfant guided me to on his website on day 1.
Day 2 was much of the same, spent a lot of time watching movies and taking pain medication every 4-6 hours.
Day 3 I was feeling uncomfortable from being constipated from the T3s so I decided to stop taking them. The pain was tolerable at this point. I was able to sit up and do most things on my own.
For the first week, my implants were sitting very high as Dr. Gelfant had warned and I was nervous about their appearance. I trusted that they would drop and was eager for it to happen.
I'd say they stopped looking scary in the second or third week. And are continuing to drop and become softer.
I'm very happy with my results! They look and feel natural. I'm pleased with the size I chose. My scars continue to heal and am hoping they'll fade as time passes.
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

My interactions with Dr. Gelfant were pleasant. During my consultation he took time to go over the procedure and let me know what to expect. My pre-op appointment was great, we went over the logistics and sizing. Hayley helped me pick a size that I'm happy with. She was very kind and patient at helping me choose. Dr. Gelfant was away for a couple weeks following my procedure, but any questions I had were answered via e-mail by Hayley and Kristy, which was awesome.