47 Yrs Old with 4 Kids Severely Needing a Lift, All over - Valencia, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

About 18 years ago I was approved for a breast...

About 18 years ago I was approved for a breast reduction, then I met my husband and decided to wait. After 4 kids and losing 72 lbs I am a bit loose in the skin, to say the least. Now I am really deflated and need a lift. Doctor and office staff feel I won't be happy without implants but I don't want anything foreign in my body. I posted a question with pictures and drs felt I should do the lift first and go from there. I am tending to agree based on my research and the posts I have read from many women having explants. I'm also scheduled for a tummy tuck too. Might do a thigh lift instead. I am genetically a thunder thigh person and since I just have excess skin in the tummy, smoother thighs seem to be more important to me at this time. Can always do this in stages.

Thunder Thighs Will See Another Season

So, I let my PS know that I am not going to do the implants. The thought of all the possible complications scare me and I just don't want something foreign inside me. I'm like the Princess and the Pea, I just have this feeling I will be uncomfortable with them inside me. For Pete's Sake, I don't even wear tampons because I can feel them too.
As for the thighs, Dr feels it's better to work from the top down, lift the girls and suck it in, then later have the stormy thunder thighs taken care of.
Only 8 days away, I start my preop regiment on Friday. Have all my Rx's ready to go. BTW, Kaiser cash price was less than half of what Target wanted.
Tighter body, here I come!

Pre-Op photos

Took them myself, so not so good. They're too close, my arms aren't long enough.

Barely any stage 3 lift pics w/o augmentation

I've had a really hard time finding others with similar breasts as mine that have chosen to lift but not add implants. Ladies, if you are like me, please let me know of your results. I don't have much to go on..

Getting closer

With only 6 more days to go this is getting very real. Stress has me down. Bank account didn't show my transfer so I am below 0, car is in the shop for a rebuilt transmission. Thinking about canceling TT to save some $. So stressed I don't want to get outta bed!

Showered and shaved

Well, I forced myself up and out of bed. I took a shower and shaved my entire nether area, 2 days early but I needed to do something different to get out of my funk. I'll shave again in 2 dates just so it's the right day. Still undecided if I might hold off on TT. I haven't called the office to see if I would lose some $ by postponing part of the surgery. Tata for now.

5 days to go

I got my car back last night, yay! $2800 for transmission and then food shopping for next week so the family can eat while I'm down.
Started the benefiber like dr said, washing with hibiclens, and got my amazon order today, a new bra, silicone scar gel, and healing cream. Even started cleaning stuff out, must be nesting. Monday I start my antibiotics. I'll update then. Thank you for reading and going through my journey with me.

Monday, very busy

Two days to go and took the day to bond with the kids. After their ortho appointment (3 of the 4) in the morning we went to a mantinee nod saw "How to Train your Dragon 2." It was so cute! Then took the kids to color me mine for some ceramic painting and while they were painting I was able to get my eyebrows threaded and got a new hair cut (short, hubby likes it that way.). I still have a few supplies to get. Have to drop my car off again, this time the water pump, but I will be down for the count from driving anyway. I'll try to post gain tomorrow, per surgery day, otherwise I'll update after I get home. Thank you for those who are thinking of me.

Day Before SX

Oh my goodness, what a day. You know the days when you wake up and just know you shouldn't leave the house, and then you get a ticket or in an accident? Today was one of those days, I should've stayed in bed! Silver lining? No ticket, no accident, but everything else was as bad. After doing some last minute stuff this morning, finally got the kids out of the house to take them to Hurricane Harbor, the last hurrah. Let's just say that my car was going to drop dead on me as I dropped the kids off in the front. Long story short, my son's friend's mom followed me to take my car in while the kids were in the park. Finally got there around 2 and had my pre-surgery phone call. Since I was wanting to add fat transfer I had to go back to the PS office before 4 to sign the papers. What? No car! My husband had to leave work early to get me there and then I realized I left my purse in my car, at the car dealer, getting a water pump. Back to the car. Finally home about 5 and still have work to get done. I am just now sitting down to the update (9pm) after I had my final meal (fresh juice I made). Hopefully I won't be sick tomorrow since I had it so late. So, less than 12 hours to go. I have to be at the center at 8:00 am. I'm sure I will not be updating in the morning. Hope to be updating from the flat side.
Have a great evening.

Oh, I took some more before pics today to compare to the after. Can't believe it's tomorrow!

Really tired right now

Yesterday went very well. Dr Lussier is wonderful. He called me the night before to confirm and check on me and answer any last minute questions. The anesthesiologist also called the night before. He remembered me from my sleeve surgery and said the TT and BL are his favorites to do. I went in at 8:00 am and was wushu washy over implants again. He said we will stick to the original plan and can always go back and revise if I don't like how much is left from my lift. In the end he said he was happy there was more than he thought there would be. He said I did really well. I woke up in recovery about 4:00. The surgery was about 5 hours. The only problem was the could not a catheter in me because I have a very small urethra. This became the bane of my existence. Pain is tolerable, no need for Valium or nausea meds. Taking Tylenol with codeine, only 1/3 the dose.

Well as I said, my urethra is very small. I had a lot of trouble peeing. In the end (around midnight) Dr said to go to urgent care to get a pediatric catheter. That's what we did. Off to Kaiser emergency they pretty much took me right away and when they put it in, whoe man, I filled an entire container (1/2 liter+) and more was still coming when I was discharged. I think my bladder was so extended that my CG is too big on mr now. Didn't get to bed until about 3 am but was actually able to sleep without feeling like I had to pee ALL the time.

Here are some pics ignore the catheter bag. LOL

Feeling so much better

Wow, just the time to the afternoon makes a huge difference. I put some ice on my face and near left breast. The ice pack cold does not make it through the CG and gauze on my stomach. If I don't get up or use my stomach muscles I feel almost normal. I only have one bothersome spot on the side of my left breast. Later hubby will check the dressings. Tomorrow I have a post-op appt. at the PS. He sounds very optimistic on the phone. I'll see if hubby will take pics when he changes the dressings. I don't even know what I look like. LOL.

2 days post

It's 6:30 am and I kept waking up last night. The CG seem to be squeezing the life out of me. They are pressing on the dressings under that cover my incisions. My face is still extremely swollen. How long does it take for the swelling the go down? I've been putting ice packs on through the night. A picture of my swollen face, this time I got some of the marker off.

Post-op day 2

Had a post-op appt this morning with PS, I was checked over and everything is looking great. The healing is already coming along well. Dr left the catheter in feeling I should follow up with my primary Dr and he should refer me to urology. Now I can connect the dots why I have to pee so often and why I only "tinkle" when I go. It seems I have a strictured (?) urethra and it will need to be fixed through surgery. Back to my mommy make over... I asked the doctor if he put saline implants in because the shape of my breasts were so beautiful, he said no, we can't do anything without your permission. I was shocked at how amazing my lift came out. I guess I did have enough tissue. Dr Lussier is amazing, no wonder he has been voted #1 by the people of Santa Clarita for the last two years. My tummy scar looks absolutely outstanding. When the nurse changed the tape it was so thin. The only really noticeable thing was the color of the sutures. My hubby took a picture that I will post when he sends it to me. The swelling in my face continues to get better, even better now that I got most of the marker off my skin. If I wear glasses the bruising is not noticeable. I can't say how happy I was today at my appt. I was all smiles. They pain is even bearable with my meds that I'm not even taking at full strength.

So back to the bothersome catheter, we called my primary while at the PS this morning. He didn't get back to me until after 4:00. Of course by then on a Friday night urology won't be able to see me. I asked about when I should get the catheter out and his solution was there is always urgent care if I have a problem. Like what? Are you kidding me? Though it was convienent to only get up when it was full, I can't walk around with a pee bag on my leg for a week. So... I looked it up on the internet and read how to remove it and did it my self. One less tube coming out of my nether region... Of course.... I do have to get up more often to pee.

Guess what, my PS is calling me right now to see how I am doing.

My first full view

These are pictures my wonderful hubby took of me before surgery and today. I guess there will have to be a bit of training of the tissue on one breast, they are really just squished in two compression garments right now. Can't wait until I get to really see what they will look like.

Good morning 3 days post-op

Good morning everyone,
I think I slept the best last night so far. Pain is subsiding. If I use my arms to pull myself up and lower myself then the muscles don't hurt so bad. I used lots of pillows to support my back and feet last night. Also let my hubby sleep in bed too. He has been working himself to the bone taking care of me, taking me to Dr appointments, and trying to get his regular work done too. A vacation day from his job means working from home.
So, other than back pain from lying in bed and an extremely swollen face I'm doing pretty well. Only taking 5 ml of a 15 ml dosage of hydro condone for pain. I was able to go 7 1/2 hours between doses last night. Since I took out the catheter I am able to pee normally ( for me that is) and I've had no problems with nausea at all. I haven't had the urge to go #2 yet. Starting to get a bit gassy, I guess it will come soon, next hurdle to get over with. I made my appointment with the urologist for August 4, that was the soonest they had.

Thank you to all those helping me through this, your comments mean so much to me. I feel like we are family. Funny thing is, I don't tell anyone else about my update info, not even my mom. I barely told my friends what surgeries I had, Just posted I had surgery and doing fine. So it is so important that I have this group of friends who already understand what I'm going through. Thanks again!

This is the afternoon do day 4

I woke up so cheery yesterday I didn't want to ruin my post with the rest of the day. Pee problems out of the way, not taking any more pain meds, what can I say? All seems perfect. After waking from a nap, I have a monstrously, huge, swollen face. And I know what it is from, my stupidity. I have an allergy to B6, rare, but there it is, I don't take vitamins because they all have in them. Well in recovery my hubby asked Gatorade or vitamin water, drugged up, vitamin water sounded better than the other. Fast forward 5 bottles later, huge face. Long story short, back to urgent care, IV with steroids and fluids and just plain water from now on. Swelling has come down some, not to post surgery swelling though. It caused some additional bruising in my face too. Couldn't get my lips around a straw or drink from a bottle. Now I can. I feel I have had so many complications that I will put a downer side to my story. Let me just say, this is not about my cosmetic surgery, this is about pre existing problems. Oh, did I forget to mention I also get a cold sore on my mouth just after sx? Abreiva is the best!

Okay, back to sx info, the last 2 nights I have slept with the bed flat so my hubby can sleep in his own bed too, I use pillows under by back and under my feet. It's getting easier to get in and out of bed, which I do so much more that I took the catheter out (maybe I should have left it in LOL) last night I had my first bm, ladies, just let nature take its course. Don't try to rush it, it will happen. Maybe I took too much fiber and stool softener because mine was soft. TMI! I also tried to have gentle foods since I got home. Hubby showered mr, changed my dressings, and washed my garments. I'm a new woman! What a man!
This morning I got up, organized all my meds in my usual daily holder and have one now for my pm pills. Of course I have added steroids to my regime. Taking it easy today. I was exhausted yesterday just going to urgent care. My PS is amazing he calls in the am and pm to check up on me. Impressed with me that I took my catheter out myself, lol. I'll add the pictures of puffy face so you can see the difference. Steroids are amazing! I have low hopes of getting a drain out tomorrow, still about 50-60 cc in 24 hours. It'll come out when ready. I am so pleased and happy with all my SX, and I am so thankful to my husband with all the extra pressure I have put on him. I can see the stress, but he doesn't take it out on me. Since the day we met, we were brought together by god, it was Bershert, meant to be, destiny. And everyday tell him how much I love him and how lucky I am to have him. This can not be stressed enough in my life.

Well, my doggies have been missing me so I let Saki lay on the bed with me today. She is a real lap dog. She is playful with Ginger, but prefers to sleep on someone. Ginger can't come up because she sheds and my hubby is allergic. She misses me terribly.

Well what else can I add, I had my Starbucks, I'm happy. Trying a remedy of Apple cider vinegar on my face to reduce more swelling, life is good. Ta Ta for now.

That was close

With so many apple products in my house and trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone to my iPad I realized that these could end up on the devises my kids were using. Don't really want them to carry around naked pictures of their mother!
I am also adding some before pictures I had taken with my phone that I just transferred over.

Another set back, allergic to B6

3 days post- op

Current picture of swelling in face

Has it gone down at all? Now that I look at I think not!

5 days now ;)

This morning I had a post-op appointment with the PS. I just adore everyone in that office. Everything is looking good. They changed my tape over the stitches. I don't have to cover them with gauze pads anymore, yay! My pain pump was removed, one less set of tubing coming out of my chest, yay! I'm now wearing the binder over the compression garment. My drains are still in, but he said they will come out this week. The output needs to be less than 40cc in a 24 hour period. Right now I'm at 50 and 55 cc. My hubby went off to work today. His mom is here to take care of the kids for me. She was here last Friday too. Thank goodness for the help I receive and my family that provide it ans support me. I am struggling with the feelings that I am making more work for other people, but I have to remember this is not the norm. Have a blessed day.

Took down photos with my face

So, I received a personal message from what think is a perv using this site to get his hots on. I let the community manager know and they were blocked. Someone told me that anyone can download any pictures and then post them anywhere. In my mind I knew this, I just didn't think it might happen. So better to be safe than sorry. I'm now going to do an internet search and see if my identifiable pics show up. Please remember ladies, this is a virtual world, creeps can be posing as anyone. Keep your self safe!


I searched the internet and found no floaters of my pics. Unless someone directly knows my review or RS name they would not be able to search for me in particular. That said, I will continue to post appropriate pictures that show my progress and in the end may add some before and after of the face without the body. Keep safe and heal quickly my friends.

Tomorrow will be a week, I can not believe it!

Getting to be more self sufficient: hubby busy with my son last night and he forgot to give me my Lovenox shot. I must just say I have a phobia of needles, I actually gave myself the shot. I am so proud of myself!
Tuesday morning: woke up, took my meds, went downstairs for some juice. Today is the first morning my husband is getting ready for work at his normal time, he still needs to empty my drains before he leaves (must leave one job for him), feeling pretty good.
Drain output from last night down to 10 cc on each side. Maybe I can get them out today. Now what do I do about my hubby being at work. Should I give him a break from me today and get the drains removed tomorrow? Drive myself to the PS today, tomorrow? I can't believe how good I feel today. Don't get me wrong, I have soreness, if I move wrong it hurts, but in the big picture, I just had major surgery and I am walking around without help!
I have to share my comment I made on my Facebook post since I didn't really say what type of surgery I had.

For all those crazy with curiosity, I took the next step in repairing my body after a lifetime of being overweight, having the body of a genetic disaster, and doing this for me! I had my girls lift to where they have never been before, tucked my tummy away for good, and filled in the areas in my face that lost too much weight ( oh and the wrinkles too.)

Updated photos

Honestly, if anyone knows me, I'm sure the will recognize me, but I covered my eyes and face to show results either way.

Playing with collage makers

I guess I'm getting bored sitting in bed, of course I have a bed full of work to do, I just don't want to do it.


I thought maybe my drains were clogged and then thought they wouldn't get taken out, but they did! I'm super excited to have those out of me. They were hurting under my skin. I'll be honest, I was so afraid of the pain, but they gave me a tiny local and said no breathe in and breathe out. It was done. I think it all depends on the approach your practitioner takes in removing them. I'm a bit sore right now, good thing I took a pain pill before I went. Going to get some rest now. Later I will share the Drs before and after photos.

I know I shouldn't do this yet

But I was uncomfortable and needed a change of garments. So I was curious how much smaller I was since surgery. I am ecstatic to say I have lost no size, only excess skin. Now the straps on the bathing suit are purely decorative, they no longer have to break my neck to hold everything in/up.


Today is a full week.

Last week at this time I was knocked out in surgery, so deep that I didn't even visit dreamland. That was the best time for me because I was getting the transformation I never dreamed of. Here I am a week later, healing quickly (staying in bed to do it) and feeling amazing. I'm doing my best to stay in bed, relax, and let my insides heal. I just have to thank my amazing husband, my wonderful kids who have loved from a distance, and the best mother-in-law anyone could have by coming to my house and caring for my 4 kids while I am healing. I've lived a life of depression, self loathing, and disappointment. Nth ought nothing ever goes as expected and life seems awful at times, the last year has been an amazing transformation for me by losing weight and getting this surgery. It would not be fair if I didn't recognize Dr. Feiz in all this. He did my gastric sleeve surgery and without him, I would not be here today.

Me at my heaviest

Thought I'd include a picture of me at my heaviest. This was 7 years ago, last year I was about 30 lbs thinner when I had my gastric sleeve surgery.

First day, the only adult in the house.

I've had extra help all week to take care of the kids. Today is the first day it's just me and them. So far they have been quiet, but it's almost noon and the bickering is starting. I guess it's time to get back to mommy duty!

Made it through the day.

I am so tired today. After going up and down stairs yesterday, dealing with the kids, changing my dressings, well, let's say it was a lot for me. Today is Friday, one more day till the weekend when Daddy will be home to help. I am still bleeding a bit from where they took the drains out. I have to change the dressing a few times a day. Finally finished all my extra meds due to sx, just my daily regs now. Having a hard time concentrating enough to get my lesson plans done. Only a week more of vacation and it's over. I hope I am strong enough to make it through the days when I go back on the 11th. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments and posts, they help me get through the day!
Love to all and quick healing!

Post op appt. today

Saw the PS today for another post op appt. Incisions are healing well, most of the sutures came out, man some of those were long! Ready to start putting scar cream on them. Dr is happy, still feels I need implants though. That's where we disagree. Ready for thigh work next! I'm so happy with my results!

Seems like a normal day, almost

First day that I've gotten up, showered, taken care of incisions and tape myself, actually blow dried my hair, got dressed, ect... Put on a VS bra purchased pre sx and it actually fits nicely, not stuffed into it!

Today makes 2 weeks

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since sx. I was up and around all day yesterday. Just like a regular day. I'm even starting to be able to sleep on my side. Scars are starting to heal, just a little uncomfortable if I reach too far, clothes lays the wrong way. I'm using Egyptian Magic cream on them to see if the heal faster. Anyone have good luck with any certain product? Have a great day, happy healing!

Look Ma, no bra.

Never ever able to wear something without a bra

Tomorow I go back to work!

So, this weekend has been very busy for us. Yesterday I was out the entire day. We started with a huge shopping day at Bass Pro Shop, my husbands fave store. We had a birthday party to go to with a Duck Dynasty theme so we decked out in camouflage. Then when we got home and changed we were right out the door to the party. We didn't get home until after 10:30. The day ended up being bit much for me. My back hurt, I have a pain under my right breast where they lifted the tummy all the way up and can feel some sort of bubble under there. Luckily I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and I'll bring it up then. Today is my last day of freedom since I go back to school tomorrow. I SHOULD be working on my lesson plans right now, but I really don't have the mind set to do it. This is the last time I will be able to really pay close attention to Real Self as I have, so my updates will drop off a bit. I met someone yesterday at the party had a mommy makeover 5 years ago. We compared scars 'cause I wanted to know from someone experienced if they were looking healthy. The ones under her breasts were non existent! You couldn't even find them! She said mine were looking good and to continue to use the Aquafore. I don't even think she used scar cream. She was also amazed that I was walking so straight after 2 1/2 weeks. It was nice to speak to someone who had already been through the process and to see her results were still so good. Even though she had gained some weight her breasts looked awesome (though she would like them lifted again.) She did not show me her tummy, so I can't comment on that. Well, the day was fun, but I was exhausted last night. I'd better get off and get to work now. Happy healing to all, and look forward to reading updates!
Love ya all.

Oops, *tomorrow

I am a terrible typist and my keyboard doesn't work well!

17th Anniversary this Saturday

Today was my second day back to work. It seems to be going well. Tomorrow I will be setting up my class. I don't think I have any heavy stuff to move around. After school today I took a friend and her daughter to the specialty bra shop because her daughter is extremely large on top and her bras did NOT fit her! Got some cute stuff for myself. Check out the sexy number I surprised my husband with when he got home from work tonight. Happy anniversary honey!

Made it through the first week back

Yesterday was the first day for students. Day started off bad, got my period, late for school, forgot to take meds and left my phone at home. Went home at brunch, 5 minutes late again, principal had come in to see how first day was going. Already had to send a student out on referral. At least the day got better in the end. Today was much better, I'm finally all caught up, even have my lesson plans done for next week. Planning on catching up on rest this weekend. This has been a long week.

Almost a year

It has been so long since I updated my posts. I have been busy with school, family, and life itself. All my scars are healed nicely. I love my breasts. They are perfect. I am so glad I did not go with implants. For my size (30) I still wear an F but they don't look that big. I still stare at them in the mirror and love what I see. My tummy tuck is great too. Still have the numbness, but I guess that goes with it. Hope all of my real self friends are loving their results like I am.

Some photos

Current as of today.
Valencia Plastic Surgeon

So far everyone in the office is amazing. I had gastric sleeve surgery in the same surgical center with a different doctor so I know the care here is amazing. I have to say everyone in the office is so wonderful, with all my phone calls, changing my mind, asking questions, and all around being a gnat. They never gave me any feelings that they were annoyed with me. They listened to how I felt about certain things and respected those feelings. Surgery day was great, I was taken care of so well. Follow up is wonderful, Dr. Lussier called me day and night everyday after surgery to check on me. He got back to me right away when I paged him, even when he was sleeping at night. They answers I got for my questions were honest, not just what I wanted to hear, even with explanations as to why. They have worked with my husband to show him how to change my dressings and take care of me. Dr. Lussier and his staff are top notch in my book. I have NO complaints. Can I just say I love these people. They listen to my concerns, and tell me how well I'm doing. I'm moving in and never leaving. I'll become the permanent spokesperson for the office!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful