Botox to Masseter Muscle Gave Me Jowls or Fat Pockets Near Mouth. VA

I was bothered by having a wide lower face so I...

I was bothered by having a wide lower face so I tried botox to the masseter (jaw) muscles to obtain a less squarish appearance and more of a heart-shaped face. Well, as you can see from the attached photo, it was a really bad idea! I'm 38, so I thought I was too young for jaw botox to cause jowls. I never had jowls before, and now there is some weird looking fat pockets next to my mouth on either side. I read that these are either perioral mounds or the buccal fat pad. But it never bothered me that much before the jaw botox. I don't even know what to do now, but I really hope this goes away with time and I get my face back. Right now it just looks strange. WTF! I think I paid money to make myself look older!

Almost 2 years after jaw botox

My jaw has returned to normal, or at least it doesn't bother me anymore. Anyone considering this procedure should know that jaw botox takes a very long time to wear off because the muscles atrophy and then have to grow back to their original size. I expect my jaw muscles will continue to grow over time.