Approved! Canadian. Size 30i, 26 Yrs, 5'2, 130lbs, No Kids - Victoria, BC

Hey, guys. I've spent hours every day reading your...

Hey, guys. I've spent hours every day reading your stories and looking at your photos. Thank you so much for sharing.
I'm a petite, shy, 26 year old who had been wanting a BR since middle school. My back, neck, and shoulders hurt every day. I've weighed 115-140 lbs, and my breasts hardly change. They bring so much unwanted attention (me being so shy, etc) and they are so out if proportion with the test of my body. I was a Chiro for the first time yesterday, and the first thing out of her mouth was "You are very top-heavy, have you considered reduction?".
Anyway, my first visit with my family Dr is Sept 12. Any insight on what questions I should be asking? Ps I live on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
Pps I'm hesitant to post photos, so to ease my anxiety I've stickered over my Nipples. I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with the drs, but I have no idea who is going to see this online.

Some pics with clothing

It's hard for me to find photos of my chest with clothing on, because I usually hide under baggy clothes. I managed to find some in dresses.
I don't even own a bathing suit. My band size is so small, that even specialty places don't have anything big enough in the cup and small enough in the straps/band to not fall off me.

First appt today

Just got home from my GP's office. He's put in a referral to Dr Jennifer Robinson in Victoria, BC for a consult. Now we wait. He wasn't sure how long I'd be waiting for an appt, but I told him I'm open to paying for it instead of going through insurance, if it'll expedite the whole process.

Before photos with bra

Anyone currently waiting for BR in BC Canada?

I forgot to ask, is anyone else starting their breast reduction journey In BC Canada? My GP is sending a referral to surgeon Dr Jennifer Robinson in Victoria, BC. I'm curious how long the wait might be just for a consult. I haven't 100% decided if I'm going to try to go the insurance route, or just pay for it myself, but if there's a significant time difference in paying privately, I'll probably do that. I've waited this long, I'm yearning for it now that I've been researching every day etc. The wait times for all these I've reviewed from the USA are crazy quick - I can't seem to find many answers for Canada for the year 2016!

How do I tell my family?

I need help with this. I feel like my family will think a reduction is completely unnecessary and a waste of money (I'm probably paying privately). I'm 26 and moved out when I was 18, but my parents are still very much a part of my life, as are my grandparents etc. I know my siblings will be supportive, but I feel like my mother especially will think it's ridiculous and try to talk me out of it. I can't not tell them. Has anyone else dealt with this? When did you bring it up? I don't think they have any idea I'm seriously considering it. I've joked about "just cutting them off" when bras or clothes don't fit, but I really don't think she knew that deep down, I was serious.

Referral to surgeon

Alrighty, so my family Dr have me the phone number for Jennifer Robinson (the surgeon I'm interested in), and her office informed me that (in bc) you can not get an earlier surgery date by paying out of pocket. This means that I had to call my Dr back, ask him to send in the referral, and now I wait to hear about a consult. I'm told (by the surgeon's office) that the wait for a consult with this particular surgeon is approx 2 months, and surgeries are being booked for 6-12 months after the consult.
I was originally told that it would be a minimum of 6 months just for a consult, and 2+ years for the surgery after that, so I was going to just pay out of pocket, but now with the shorter wait times, I'm going to at least try through insurance.
Ps the surgeon's office asked me to tell my Dr to include my BMI in his referral letter, and they informed me that I need to be at a BMI of 30 or less (mine is 23, so I'm fine!).

Consult date set!

I'm so excited to hear back from the surgeon's office. My consult is 8am Oct 31st! The only thing I was told to "prepare" for the consult is a list of my medications (which is just Celexa).
Any tips, questions you wish you'd asked, etc, please post!

Photo, being brave.

Different angles. Sometimes they seem gigantic, and other times (usually in some clothing) they don't seem that big. I know insurance coverage differs so much based on so many things, but here I am, wondering if I'll get covered. I'll pay for it if I must, but yeah... I'm just thinking and getting excited since I have a consult coming up. This is starting to feel like it might happen for me.

Are you close to my body type?

I've been analyzing my body lately, and just curious... Will my curvy hips stand out way more if I get a reduction? Or am I just being a typical woman, over-analyzing? I feel like my shoulders and torso are petite, but almost like I should have large breasts because I have larger hips and thighs. I'd love to be a B cup (for the pain I'm in plus I've always thought smaller breasts are attractive) but I'm afraid my surgeon might want to make me a D or something, too match my hips. I will obviously ask during my consult, but what do you guys think? Is anyone else close to my shape? 5'2, 130 lbs, band size 30", over the Nipple 38", belly button 27", hips 37".

Wish boobs & questions

Just under two weeks until my consult, and I've decided to document my "wish boobs". If these are your photos, thank you for posting & I hope you don't mind me re-posting (ONLY on realself, I promise!).
I've been searching for women's stories who are around my height and weight (5'2, 130 lbs). I really, really love these after shots!
*Do most insurance companies require 400 grams to be removed? Do you have an estimate of how much I'd need to get removed to get around these sizes? I have no idea how much mine weigh yet.
*I'm in Canada and I DON'T have documented back pain etc because I would just take pain meds instead of going to a doctor. Do you think this will be a huge issue in trying to get approved? I have the shoulder indents, and I've been doing chiro/acupuncture/massage 1-2 times per week for about two months. Also, I'm hoping my size will be a good indicator as I'm a small frame with 30i sized breasts. I know I'll ask my PS this, I'm just asking because I can't stop wondering!
*My biggest concerns are not going small enough, and nipple symmetry. I don't know if I'll ever have a child, but my mom and sister were not able to breast feed, and we all turned out just fine. Also, I really don't care about scars.
*I'm thinking I'll have the anchor as opposed to lollipop because it'll be a bigger reduction, do you guys agree?

Consult was today.

I had my consult today, and it went really well. I was there for approx 30 mins. I filled out a brief medical info sheet, then the receptionist took me to a room and asked me to undress from the waist up, put on a front-closing gown, and the Dr would be right in.
The Dr came in, asked me why I wanted a reduction, what size bra I wear, what age I got my first period, if I'd had kids, if I had a family history of ovarian cancer etc.
She then went over the procedure, types of incisions, scars, possible complications. She then took some measurements from collarbone to nipple, and nipple to underside of the breast fold. After some photos, I got to cover up again.
The Dr told me that my right breast is a little bit bigger than my left. I will not need any underarm lipo. My breasts are very dense. I have a particular amount of tissue on the outer sides, like where my arms brush against my breasts, which she said she'd make note of to make sure she took enough tissue from that area. She said I am a good, healthy candidate, without much weight to lose; so once my breasts settle after surgery, the only thing that should change them much is if I gain a bunch of weight or get pregnant. I showed her some wish pics, and she took note that I'd rather be left too small as opposed to too big.
The Dr did not seem concerned at all about insurance coverage - She said, "Breast reduction in BC is covered, if it's for medical reasons. Your breasts are obviously too large for your frame, and you aren't getting relief from chiro. So, should we book you?" I was SHOCKED. I was expecting to hear that coverage is really hard to get, and that I'd need a bunch of documentation, but she assured me it shouldn't be an issue. I'll remain pessimistic in order to avoid disappointment, but it's still exciting that she thinks I'll get covered.
She said it's approx a 6 month wait, and to wait for a call. After that, I left! I was told over the phone it'd be a $150 charge, but it wasn't asked to pay anything, so... Cool? I wasn't thinking about it, so maybe the receptionist forgot, too, but she just said "I'll call you, and put you on the cancellation list, too. Bye!"

Lying down pics.

My breasts are especially out of control while lying down. Photo shows me holding them (they look like freakin' implants to me), then same position but letting them flop. If I sleep in a tank top without a bra, I wake up with at least one breast slipped out of the shirt, and into my armpit.
Next photo shows a side view. When I wear clothes, I look chubbier because my shirts hang from my breasts. This week I am completely focused on the cosmetic appeal of smaller breasts. I would love to wear more form-fitting clothing without people thinking that I'm trying to show off my chest. I have been asked before whether or not I've had implants...it drives me crazy.

Still waiting + clothed pics

I'm still waiting to hear about insurance approval and a date. I'm going to wait until at least the 4 week mark before calling to inquire (I really don't want to be annoying, and it seems the average approval takes 4-6 weeks). I am generally the most impatient person for anything and everything!!
My bf and I are going to Hawaii in Feb 2017, so I had to try to find a bathing suit that fits! I lucked out and found a top @ La Vie en Rose in size "D+". The neck and band parts are tie up instead of hook, which means I can adjust it to my 30" band size. AND it covers my boobs! I have always spilled out of the bikinis I have tried to wear. This will hopefully be the last suit I need to buy with these breasts, if surgery happens in 6-8 months.
I am also uploading pics of me in a shirt. You can tell how wide my breasts are, and how much they hit my arms. View is head on, then from under. No wonder I can't see my toes unless I hold my chest up out of the way.

Approved! & cancellation offer.

Yesterday was an exciting, yet anxiety-filled day. I got a voicemail from my surgeon's office offering me a surgery date of Dec 9th 2016. Two weeks away, WHAT? They'd had a cancellation. I was so shocked, because I haven't heard a word since my consult Oct 31st 2016.
That being said, 15 days' notice is NOT enough time to mentally prepare myself for something I was expecting to have to wait 6-8 months for. I also need to make an appt with my family Dr to get paperwork filled out for time off work, and he's booking 1-2 weeks ahead for appts. Also, it's so close to when my out of town family is coming for Xmas (Dec 16th). AND I'd have to cancel our Hawaii Trip (which isn't a big deal, but it's the cherry on top of my reasons).
So I called the surgeon's office back to decline the offer, but I had questions. "I haven't heard back about insurance coverage, does a surgery offer mean I'm approved?" YES YES YES! I'M APPROVED!
I also asked how does this work, do I get a date? She said not yet, they usually call patients 4 weeks in advance when they know the OR schedule (much more time to prepare paperwork etc).
She let me know that the wait time now is not 6-8 months, it's more like 2-3 months! This puts me around end of January or end of February, if it's accurate. Our trip is Feb 2nd-12th, so if it's the end of Feb, that would be perfect timing. I work for a big company, and it's not a worry about someone filling in for me while I'm gone. I'd get one last hurrah with my boobs in Hawaii, not to mention how nice of a distraction vacation would be) then come back, work a couple weeks, then take time off for surgery and healing.
Now, if they offer me a date in, say, January before our trip, I'm hoping I can just ask to postpone a month. I really don't want to cancel our trip (refundable tickets, but besides the point), but it won't be the end of the world if we do. My boyfriend says "We can go to Hawaii any time. You've waited 10 yrs for this". I should marry him, right? ;)
Anyway, this is a long post, but I wanted to update!! Especially for any other Canadians!
Ps I don't remember if I've mentioned, but they are estimating a 3-hour surgery for me. Is this normal? I know there will be pre-op and recovery at the hospital as well. Do you know how long your actual surgery took? Thx!
Dr Emily Krauss