20 Years Old, 36E, Very Active, Need of Relief of Back Pain - Iowa

I am 5'4 and 160lbs, and my breast size is a 36E....

I am 5'4 and 160lbs, and my breast size is a 36E. I am a junior in college and have had back and neck pain ever since I was a senior in high school. I have gotten three consultations, but it wasn't until when I went in July that the doctor said I would be a great candidate for a breast reduction surgery. So, I gathered up a ton of information for my insurance company in hopes that they would finally say they would cover it. I released records from my chiropractor, printed all of my receipts from my massage therapy, and even released records from my family doctor(I had gotten X-rays because I thought something was serious my back hurt so bad). Everything was submitted and I got the best news of my life in July that they approved that they would cover the surgery.

My surgery is January 6th (2 months away!), and I am beyond excited. I am planning on posting before/after pictures and documenting my journey so other people can get info about it. In the meantime, I would love to hear your thoughts and tips on the surgery and how recovery went for you!

Back pain is terrible

I just had to stop working out because my back hurt so much, there was so much pressure on my neck and shoulders it made me feel light headed. Only about a month and a half til my surgery and I hope that relieves most of my back pain and makes it easier to work out.

Pre-op!

I had my pre-op appointment this morning and it went very well!!! I am beyond excited that my surgery is only a month away. My doctor said that because I have a bigger rib cage, I can only go down to a C cup, but hopefully if I loose weight then that can help. I will be posting soon with before pictures!

Before pictures

As you can see, because my boobs are big, they have begun to sag. I have always been very athletic, but trying to run or do vigorous exercise is hard with all this extra weight.

Surgery day!

Surgery went very well! I was able to recover quickly from the anesthesia and was given some pain killers (very nice). But otherwise I didn't take anything all day, I felt great! I will probably ask for some right before I go to bed, but I've been able to get up to go to the bather just fine and eat and play scrabble with my family. I will hopefully be able to post some pictures tomorrow!

Two days post-op

I've been able to sleep okay and not much pain. However I've been having a weird twitch in my right boob that feels like it's almost vibrating. It's a really weird feeling! I've been icing my boobs to help with the swelling. I'm excited to see what they look like once they're healed!

First time back at the gym

I was getting really cooped up in my apartment so my roommates and I went to the gym! I walked around the track for 20 minutes and then sat and biked for 15 minutes. It felt so great to get up and move around!

3 days post-op

I was finally able to shower this morning! My mom helped me wash my hair since I can't reach up very far, but it felt so good to wash up and feel clean. I think the incisions are healing well, there's no blood or oozing on the gauze, and just a little tightness underneath.

One week post op

So it's been one week since surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good! I've been going to the gym and walking or biking for about forty minutes everyday. I could finally put a bra on that didn't clasp, which feels like an accomplishment. My posture has already changed so much and I feel so good! The tape is slowly starting to come off, and the incision looks a lot thinner than I'd imagined, but I'm totally okay with that

11 days post-op

The incisions are healing well, although not all of the tape is off yet. I'm also having so irritation/dry skin aroun incisions so I've been using nonscented lotion. I wish they were a little smaller, but there could still be swelling and I've definitely noticed a relief to my back pain

Before and after pictures!

Since all of the tape has come off I put together all of my before and after pictures!

Hole where incisions meet

Has anyone else gotten this before? My left boob incisions are healing just fine, but it looks like there's a hole where the two incisions meet under my right boob. There's a little bit of discharge too, but I don't have any signs of infection, and I only notice it after I take a hot shower. Any recommendations?