*POST OP* 35 Yrs Old, No Kids, 320cc Moderate Profile Anatomical B-Lites - United Kingdom

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've decided to document my BA because there seems...

I've decided to document my BA because there seems to be a distinct lack of reviews about the new B-Lite implants and at some point I expect they will become the 'norm'.

I was very interested in the B-Lites because they are 30% lighter in weight than traditional implants and given that I enjoy training in the gym with the occasional run I don't want the weight to pull unnecessarily on my ever ageing skin.

As these are relatively new to the market there is currently only one surgeon in the UK using them, so I haven't had to shop around. Having reviewed him as much as possible I am very confident in his abilities and having met him, even more so. During the consultation I was given a traditional implant to hold in one hand and then he placed the B-Lite in my other hand....WOW!!! The difference in weight is seriously noticeable! To keep me in proportion and not looking fake he suggested either a 255cc or 290cc moderate profile teardrop implant. I've opted for 290cc as I'd rather have more than less. I am naturally a 32 large A/ small B cup so post op he estimates I'll be roughly a full C (wouldn't mind if I end up pushing a D though to be honest!)

My BA is booked for the 7th Nov so I'll be sure to post more updates then

Weeks of online research = obsessive behaviour!

So here's a little tip...unless really necessary, don't wait 2 months until surgery because believe me you will become obsessed with boob research and it's actually becoming a bit annoying now, haha!

Having said that it has given me the opportunity to really process the initial consultation and I have been having real doubts that I didn't express what I wanted. I went in with no pictures of wish boobs to show my PS, I literally just said I wanted B-Lites, teardrop and natural!

After looking at a ton of photos and chatting to a couple of women who have had similar size BA's, I realised that as much as I want a relatively natural look (hence going for teardrop and moderate profile) I do want a bit of sex appeal and also a small bit of side boob just to give my boyish torso a bit of curve! I have since spoken to my PS and after looking at my measurements again he has said that he believes 320cc would give me that extra bit of volume that I desire, but doesn't recommend going any bigger than that. I'm really happy with that and feel a million times better about the surgery now. I think if I hadn't spoken to him again and just gone with 290cc I would have always regretted it. 30cc extra really is nothing in terms of size, but psychologically it makes a difference!

3.5 weeks till the big day...it can't come soon enough!!

I've uploaded some pics of me as I am now and some wish boobs of around the same stats as my BA will be.

Day of surgery

The day of my surgery as finally arrived and weirdly I'm not all that nervous, I'm just hungry but it's nil by mouth now so my poor stomach is growling! I'm on my way to the clinic where I will first be having a manual lymphatic drainage massage on my boobs pre op and then I'll head over to the hospital. Part of the cost of my surgery includes 3 manual lymphatic drainage massages (1 pre op, 2 post), its meant to help flush out toxins and reduce swelling...We'll see! See you on the other side. Eek!

Post op day 1

So my surgery was a real success yesterday, I went in feeling extremely positive and I think it paid off because so far I've had minimal pain and there really wasn't much blood that collected in my drains so I was able to have them removed before I was discharged. The only discomfort I am feeling is a bruised feeling above and below my breasts, and a bit of fluid retention in my abdomen, but my breasts themselves feel fine. The lymphatic drainage massage was fantastic pre op...so gentle and I have no doubt that it will really help with my recovery! I'm going to avoid having a shower today (although I can as I have waterproof dressings), but I'll post some pictures of the girls tomorrow :)

Day 2 post op

I've woken up today after a much better nights sleep and I feel really upbeat. I don't feel the need to take any pain killers, but took some paracetamol before bed last night just to be on the safe side. The worst part of my recovery at the moment is the fluid retention in my abdomen; it's a bit sensitive to touch and feels like I've got a jelly belly, but pain wise it's really not all that bad so I'm pretty happy overall! I had a shower today and let the girls out for the first time...so far I love what I see!!! I was worried that my breasts would sit quite far apart but my surgeon said that because I have a narrow breastbone they should sit nicely together, which they appear to so far :))) Can't wait for them to drop and settle! They don't feel heavy at all either - so so happy I paid more and went for B-Lites!

I'm in love

It's only day 4 post op and my breasts are obviously still rock hard bullets, but I love the shape they have! I've put on one of my old bikinis to get an idea of size and I'm really happy with what I see. I know they'll obviously change a lot in the coming months, but I'm pretty sure I'll hang on to the natural cleavage I've got going on :)) At the moment my breasts are a bit numb, left worse than right, but I'm hopeful I'll regain full feeling in time. They also seem pretty symmetrical; at the moment I really haven't got a single complaint about anything!

2nd MLD session and boobs dropping

So yesterday was the beginning of the second week and I went back to the clinic for my second manual lymphatic drainage massage. The massage is so incredibly gentle that it didn't cause me any discomfort at all, it actually felt really good and i quite enjoyed having my breasts touched (it somehow made them feel a bit more a part of me, rather than alien lumps!)

Everything seems to be going really well, the only negative thing is that my nipples have become hyper sensitive and are actually really quite painful to touch. The therapist has told me that in order to de sensitise them I need to stimulate them though. Urgh!

I was also given the ok to sleep on my side if I want. I've been so desperate to do that as I'm naturally a side sleeper, but last night l found it a bit awkward and ended up rolling back onto my back. I'm consciously really worried about squashing them at this early stage so I think I'll stay on my back for another week or so.

I've taken a couple more photos today and can really notice them dropping. The swelling is also going down and I couldn't be more happy with what I see!

Removal of dressings and final MLD

I had my dressings removed this morning and the incisions are healing well. I've got some micropore tape over the scars now which I'll have to keep putting on for 3 months, but I'll take some pics at the end of the week when I change it.

My final manual lymphatic drainage massage was as pleasant as ever and the therapist, Lynsey has been a star. I have no doubt that these sessions have helped with the initial swelling - my breasts have settled so nicely and despite some barely noticeable swelling still at the top of my right breast, they look fantastic!

I bought a cute little black lace bralette yesterday. I know it's too soon at 2 weeks to be bra shopping, but it was only £3.50 from Peacocks so hardly breaking the bank if I do grow out of it!

I'm loving my new breasts more and more every day. Hats off to Dr Inglefield - the man is a legend!!!

So far so good!

Today I'm 1 month post op!! For the last week I've been allowed to sleep without the compression bra on which has been a nice break. Only two more weeks of wearing it during the day and I'll be completely free of it...just in time for Christmas :)))

So far everything has been a breeze and I'm hoping it stays like that. The only negative thing is that a few days ago I noticed a lump under my armpit. I'm 99% sure this is just down to the velcro strap on the compression bra rubbing on my armpit 24/7. I've called the clinic and have been given the ok to undo the strap (but keep the bra on), so hopefully the lump/irritation will go down. If it hasn't gone down by next week I'll have to pop in for it to be looked at.

That minor detail aside, I love my breasts! I'm able to wear stuff I could never have pulled off before!! They are still pretty hard - I knew it would be a waiting game, but you really need to have the patience of a saint, haha! Good things come to those that wait though right? ;) My nipple sensitivity is settling down - the advice to gently massage them everyday, although painful, is good advice as it does de-sensitise them. My breasts below the nipples are still quite numb, but I know that's common due to the incisions so I'm not worried. All of this pales in significance because I'm so delighted with the results :)

Feeling great

No real update, but thought I'd post an up close pic so you can get a good idea of how the girls are looking in brighter lighting.

6 weeks post op check up

Yesterday I had my 6 week post op check up and everything has healed well. My lymph node under my armpit has gone back down, my scars have healed nicely and my breasts are noticeably softening up. I've been given the ok to now wear normal bras, including underwired and I am allowed to go back to the gym...pretty much back to myself pre op :) Bust measurement appears to be 32D, but I plan to get professionally measured some time soon.

I have another check up in another 6 weeks.

Merry Christmas everyone x

9 weeks PO

I'm now 9 weeks post op (time flies!!) Things are still great and although I experienced a bit of boob greed for a couple of days, I managed to get it in check and I live them as much as ever. I have found that doing a before & after comparison really helps to put things in perspective.

Both breasts are getting more noticeably squishy, although right is taking longer than left. I have now reached the point where I wake up and don't even give my breasts a thought...until I get dressed and then remember how awesome they are, haha! They are also so insanely light that I sometimes wonder if they are still there, lol.

8/9 weeks post op pics