30 - No Kids, Active - Tucson, AZ

I go to the gym 3 times a week. I'm 5'4 and...

I go to the gym 3 times a week. I'm 5'4 and currently 160lbs after losing 30lbs since October last year. The weight has come off slowly and evenly everywhere else except my back. I put on all my weight in the last 3 years just because of laziness and a bad diet. Before that I was always 125lbs. Even at 125 I STILL had back fat. I've never worn a bikini because I've been conscious of it right through my teen years and 20's, I don't want to spend my 30's in the same boat. I know I can lose on my stomach as I keep losing weight because my stomach was always flat before my weight gain, but I know I won't lose on my back so that's why I'm doing this. I just really hope it works and I'm not in the minority of people that get no results. I'm just anxious and excited. I will post photos as I progress. I plan on combining this with my current excercise regime, so I will be exercising after the procedure. My results may be affected slightly by excercise, but like I said, I've always had back fat even in my skinny days (since puberty). So I will take this as a testament on whether coolsculpting works or not. I can't afford liposuction, this is my maximum budget so it's just one shot for me.

New pictures and bodyfat BEFORE procedure

I have less than 24 hours to go to get my back fat coolsculpted, I cannot wait! I've gone to the gym everyday since my last post and in that time (as predicted) I've lost weight on my stomach, but my back remains with the prominent fat bulge (updated photo attached).
I want to document my body measurements now, I'll do it tomorrow evening again after the procedure, and again as I start seeing a difference:

I am currently 37% body fat, I don't know if I'll get an immediate change tomorrow but I should definitely see a different reading in the next few days.

The photo on the bottom left is from last week when I first posted. The one on the right is from today.

D Day

I had the procedure done just two hours ago. It felt like what i would epoxy a suction to feel like, at first is uncomfortable but then after a few minutes you don't even notice it. I had it done at Idea Image by a nurse. I had lots of pillows and a blanket on my bed to make me comfortable, and I had my phone to listen to music so the hour went by very quickly. The only pain was when she massaged the area for 2 minutes after the procedure. I would place the pain of the massage at 6/10 and the pain of the suction at 1/10.

Results will tell, let's wait and see...

Typos

Please excuse my typos in my previous post. I'm rushing for work!

Lost almost 2% body fat!!!!

It's the night of day one and I'm very happy to be down to 35.3% body fat from 37% yesterday!

The area is swollen and sensitive to touch but it doesn't really hurt. I plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning and do my usual workout. I'm also wearing (and sleeping in) a compression garment because it feels better when everything is not jiggling. They did not tell me to wear a compression garment, I've just decided to on my own.

You be the judge

I'm not sure at this point if I am or am not losing body fat. I don't see a remarkable change quite yet, but it's only been two weeks so it's still too early to tell. I will measure my body fat at the one month mark (Aug 1st), two month, and three month marks, but I've also just realised that body fat is very fluid. I get a different reading at different times of the day depending on how hydrated I am, so I won't solely rely on it but use it as a rough guide that I'm heading in the right direction. I am currently at 34%

I still managed to jog everyday after the procedure, while it was swollen and I wore compressor garments for just a few days until the swelling went down. By compressor garment I mean Spanx, or whatever other brand you have that holds lumps and bumps in place. I just bought the cheapest one, as they all work the same.

It is still sensitive to touch, but it's not painful. It feels numb, so that gives me hope that my body is still in the process of expelling the fat, and I just need to stop staring at it in the mirror ;-)

Get rid of your scale!

I'm feeling despondent and low today. I should be celebrating but instead I had a little cry an hour ago. Why? I made the mistake of weighing myself. Here's the breakdown of my last three weeks: A week pre-procedure I increased my gym time from 3 days a week to 7, focusing on both weights and cardio. In just that one week, I look more toned than before. I then went on vacation a day after the procedure- where I didn't have access to the gym. I woke up every morning and went jogging so that I wouldn't come back heavier from my trip (as is my habit). I FORCED myself up daily, even when I didn't want to. I skipped birthday cake on my 31st birthday on Jul 2nd, and declined every sweet item that was offered to me. On top of the cool sculpting, and on top of the exercise, I have given up all sugar. I am working VERY hard at the moment to change my body. I have a fitbit, too, to keep track of the calories I eat versus the calories I burn and I log every meal I eat on myfitnesspal...

So with so much work and effort what did I expect after three weeks? To lose a hell of a lot more weight than I have! In all this time, I've only lost 2 lbs! I've gone from 160 lbs to 158 lbs. This is my lowest in 3 years! I should be celebrating, but I cried instead because the action does not justify the result. I have been sugar free since November 2015, that alone should have seen me reach my goal weight by now.

I'm so frustrated, I just want to vent a bit about it. Why is my body so resistant? What am I doing wrong? The stupid back fat won't budge!

I'm going to hang in there and keep trying (I can't do much else), but I think I've earned my woe-is-me party today.

I'm just going to cry a bit more before I pick myself up :-( Once I'm fine, I'm going to put away my scale and not weigh myself again until I see a significant difference, it's definitely a discourager.

If anyone else has been (or is) in my boat, please share. I could use some relatable stories or words of encouragement right now.

Thanks for reading.

Not worth it

I've amended my review from "not sure" to "not worth it"

I honestly don't think anything is going to change. Change happens slowly, I know, but to not even have a smidgen in the right direction???? If I was a couch potato I would understand, but I'm dieting AND exercising on top of it. My stomach and thighs are shrinking (didn't coolsculpt them) but my back (the area I did consculpt) still looks the same. I doubt anything is going to happen at this point, if it does, I'll change my review, but I doubt it.

$1500 was a lot of money for me, I'm honestly very upset about it. What a waste! Never again.

If you are considering coolsculpting, read my post. I was very hopeful at the beginning!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. I know someone else told me to wait at least two months to see results. This is the two month mark.

I have lost 10lbs from DIET and EXERCISE since July, making my total weight loss so far 40lbs. I have also dropped a dress size from a US 10 to a US 8 (my original dress size when I started my diet last October was a US 14). My weight loss is slow but it is going and I am very proud of myself for my self restraint and will power, I did it the slow hard way. The one area I "cheated" with and went for coolsculpting is the one area I am still struggling with. I still have back fat. Coolsculpting claims to help with "problem areas that are not responsive to diet and exercise" I am the ideal candidate for this because that is all I wanted it for. It did NOT work for me.

Have you ever heard of the children's story The Emperor's New Clothes? This is exactly what this is. It is a trick, you spend so much money on it so it must work right? They tell you how well it works, so it must work right? It's all mind tricks. The mirror doesn't lie.

To say how disappointed I am would be a great understatement. $1,500 is a lot of money to just flush down the toilet. I am still paying off monthly for a procedure that did absolutely nothing for me! My latest payment was just ten minutes ago and I clicked "submit payment" with a very heavy heart. It is not worth the chance to see if it may or may not work for you. At $1,500 something needs to be guaranteed to work with no ifs or buts!

This is a great lesson, I let my impatience get the best of me. If you are impatient I would suggest getting liposuction- at least we all know that you WILL get results that way. I myself am too scared and too broke for lipo; It is too invasive a surgery for someone that doesn't NEED surgery. This is why I was initially swayed by coolsculpting instead.

I will still update after three months and when I reach my goal weight from diet and exercise.

I hope that by writing this I can save one person the sheer and utter disappointment that I am feeling right now.

-citygirl
Ideal Image

They made me feel as comfortable as possible during the procedure, gave me an opportunity to ask many questions and were warm and friendly. I will definitely go there again in the future. The only negative is that appointments are only made by one person and only on a Monday. I had my consultation last week, and had to wait for a phone call on Monday. I tried to call at 11am on Monday morning and they told me to wait for them to call me which they didn't until about 4:30pm. I can't have my phone at work, and I didn't want to miss the call and have to wait for another week so I had to keep going into the back room just to check it, it was ridiculous. That's the only reason I cannot rate them 5 stars.