37 Years Old - Stubborn Belly and Inner Thigh Fat - Tualatin, OR

It has been eight days since I had Coolsculpting...

It has been eight days since I had Coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen and inner thighs. I have a desk job and don’t get to work out as much as I’d like but I am in pretty good shape other than my stubborn areas. I am 5’4 and weigh about 123 pounds. The small applicator was used on all treatment areas. The first five minutes were painful but nothing that you can’t handle. Each area takes an hour so be prepared as it is time consuming. The massage at the end of the treatment is really the worst part of the whole ordeal. It feels like cramping and just plain funky. Overall the treatment isn’t bad and I read through it all. After the treatment I was sore, almost as if I had been at the gym and had worked those areas hard. The next couple of days I was still sore and the areas were still numb. Around day three the pain started to get a little worse and went downhill from there. By the weekend I was in quite a bit of pain. I spent almost all of my time in bed with an ice pack and Biofreeze within reach. Both really help and I recommend that you have both on hand just in case. By day seven I couldn’t take the pain anymore and called my Dr. They called in a prescription for a muscle relaxer and a nerve blocker. I started on both yesterday and while I still feel some pain in my abdomen, it is nothing like it was. I can actually function now rather than wanting to curl into a ball and stay in bed. Do not hesitate to contact your Dr. and ask for help. I like to think I am brave when it comes to pain but this was constant, every moment of the day I was in pain and it takes a toll. As for results, it is too early to tell as I am still quite swollen. This is normal so I am not yet making any judgement as to whether or not it is worth it. I will be sure to report back with updates. The reason I am posting all of this now is to let people know it can be extremely painful so be aware and be proactive. Have Biofreeze and ice packs on hand. Again, do not hesitate to contact your Dr. for medication.

Day 12

I am now on day twelve and the pain has almost all but gone away. The swelling has gone down considerably. It is still too soon to speculate on results but I am heading in the right direction!

Week 5

I have noticed significant belly fat reduction. I have still not been on a regular exercise program since I received my treatment so I feel it is safe to say that the reduction has to do with the procedure. I haven't noticed much reduction in my thigh area and am still hopeful I will see a change in the next few weeks. As mentioned, the pain was intense until I was prescribed a nerve block, but I would absolutely do this again given the ab results.

SO WORTH IT!

I am sorry I haven't taken an updated photo and will try to do so tonight. I am amazed at how flat my belly is. I still have a little fat left in that area, which I understood was typical as CoolSculpting doesn't get rid of every inch of fat, but the procedure has eliminated more fat than I expected. Again, I wasn't overweight but a lot of my excess weight was in my gut and thighs. Speaking of thighs...I haven't noticed much in the way of reduction or firming up of inner thigh area. My boyfriend swears he sees more of a "thigh gap" but I can't tell. I do have decent luck with firming that area when I actually workout so I am not as concerned that I don't notice much. My belly was the big problem/stubborn area for me and I couldn't be more thrilled with the results. I may end up doing one more treatment to get rid of what is left. Again, I will post some photos later and will update should I receive another treatment.

Update

I am still very pleased with the results. It would appear I had more fat on my right side so I am going back in on Monday for another session. I still haven't noticed much reduction in my thighs but my stomach definitely went down. Excited for Monday! This time I will get the meds after the treatment rather than wait until I am in pain.

Side Photo - Before

Second Session

As I had mentioned before I seemed to have had more fat on the right side of my belly than my left. Since so much melted it was quite noticeable so I decided to go back in and have the right side treated. The procedure was less uncomfortable than I remember so that was a plus. I am now very swollen on the right side and I am trying to wear loose clothing so it isn't as obvious. It is now day 3 and I have little to no pain. It is sore but I do not have horrendous pain like the first time. I have no idea why this is the case but I will take it. My plastic surgeons office was kind enough to send me with the meds I used prior but I am happy to report that I do not need them. I will post photos when I can. I still say Coolsculpting is more than worth it.
Portland Plastic Surgeon

I love this office as well as the staff. They are very friendly and outgoing. Courtney explained everything beforehand so I knew what to expect. I can't say enough about them and will return for other treatments.