Long awaited full tummy tuck with muscle repair, NO Lipo, Troy, MI
I've wanted a tummy tuck since having my 3rd child...
Things I found most important during the first week of recovery
2) shower chair
3) cool gel packs for stomach
4) heating pad for my back
5) stool softeners ( Collace is my favorite)
6) shower cap so I don't have to shampoo my hair during each shower
7) hand sanitizer
8) chap stick
9) regular Tylenol for pain control after the first few days was all I needed
10) caddy to keep my meds organized and next to me
11) alcohol swaps to clean the top of the drain after emptying it
12) eye mask to help me sleep
13) ear plugs to tune out my teenage children ( very helpful though they were pretty quiet for me most of the time
14) vitamin c gummies which I took before surgery and after
(Make sure your Dr. Approves before you start it)
15.) iron supplements were necessary in my case because I am slightly anemic
15) lots of soft pillows to help get comfortable
16) soft slipper socks
17) loose fitting pants
18) long tank tops
19) paper taper and silicone scar strips for scar therapy
20) steri long pads for day after surgery if needed, I did use them the first 5 days and then at my first follow up the nurse said I didn't need to use those any more and applied steri strips that I am to allow to fall off on their own.
I did not need or use as walker or toilet riser as many do suggest. I feel they may be helpful for those having a tougher recovery we all recover differently.
Foods I found easiet to eat soon after surgery:
1)Applesauce ( I like the ones in the pouch because they were easy to grap, go go applesauce)
2) protein bars
3) protein shakes
4) yogurt with fruit on top
5) water bottles at my side table at all time
6) fresh pineapple which I ate daily since I did not use bromalin or arnica prior to surgery or during recovery.
I organized and stocked my refrigerator the day before surgery with fresh fruit and easy soft foods for me as well as anything the kids like. :)
15 days post op pictures...very happy!
Dr. Youn has been amazing. He has an awesome bedside manner and makes you feel very comfortable. He listens to your concerns and is very honest and ethical. He is also very talented! :) I couldn't ask for a better surgeon, he takes precautions to make sure you are healthy for surgery, I was not nervous at all in his hands. The overnight stay in the hospital was excellent as well, the nurses were wonderful. It gave me added comfort to be watched and cared for the first 24 hours. I highly recommend Dr. Youn.