25 Year Old, 6 mo. post op, wanting 300cc breast implants out

On March 14, 2016 I had breast augmentation...

On March 14, 2016 I had breast augmentation surgery and had low profile 300cc silicone implants put into my body. I went into the BA very unsure and nervous. Everything happened so fast and I barely time to think about what I was actually doing to myself. I had always been a barely 34B and the thought of having bigger boobs always crossed my mind. I have always been very athletic, i.e. running half marathons, volleyball, and crossfit. I have broader shoulders and I felt like a boy with my 34Bs, not to mention being mistaken for a 14 year old girl some times. I finally graduated college in May 2015 and started my job as an RN... I finally had money to spend on myself. I never felt beautiful or sexy and I will admit that I thought that having a BA would make me feel “sexy” and “hot”. Two months post-op I started to regret having BA. My family and friends told me I didn’t need the surgery and told me I was beautiful before. I have tears in my eyes when I say this... but I just couldn’t see what they were seeing before my BA. Now, it’s harder to run and work out. I feel less confident than I did before I had the surgery. I want to be the old me again. I have been seeing a therapist and now I will be going on antidepressants. For the past 4 months, I have felt like I have been in a fog, I can’t think clearly, I have no energy, and rarely smile. I used to smile all the time and be a happy go lucky woman. My Mother says that I should give myself a year to think about explant surgery, but I don’t know if I want to wait that long. I am upset with myself that I got this surgery. I just want them out. I didn’t realize how they would feel being under the muscle and I can’t even look at myself in the mirror. I am glad I found this website, because I didn’t realize how many women regret having BA and have explant surgery. I’m so thankful for all of you sharing your stories and it makes me feel better that I am not alone. I live in Michigan and if any of you know of any good PS that do breast implant removal please let me know. The first step for me is to tell my PS that I am not happy and if she does explants. I feel almost embarrassed to ask, but I hope her reaction won’t upset me. In the end, I just want to be 100% me again.

6 months post op of BA

This is what my breasts look like now that I've had the implants in for 6 months. I still want to get these implants out. Tomorrow I will contact my doctor and let her know how I am feeling.

Appointment on Thursday with PS

I made an appointment for Thursday with my original PS and stated that it was for my 6 month check up. I didn't feel like telling the receptionist my whole story of how I was feeling. I better start making a list of questions to ask her and remind myself not to be nervous when telling her that I want my implants out. I'm hoping that she will do it. All I want is my conf

Appointment with PS

Phew! My PS was very understanding when I told her how I felt about my BA. She told me that she would happily remove my breast implants, but suggests that I get a breast lift. She said that she worries that I would have sunken nipples and have loose sagging breasts, because I didn't have that much breast tissue to begin with. She told me she wouldn't charge what she usually does for a breast lift due to my unhappiness with BA. This is a huge life lesson I swear... why did I feel the need to fix something that didn't need fixing in the first place? My small breasts were beautiful in the first place and now they are going to have scars and not look the same. I don't know whether to chance it and not have a breast lift with the implant removal. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Ughhh

My PS has not contacted me with a price of how much the explant will cost. I think I have enough in my savings account and I hate when I buy anything, because I want these out so bad. Lots of scattered thoughts racing through my head. Idk if it's me, but my face is breaking out like a teenager and has since July. I wonder if these fake boobs have anything to do with it. It's all hormonal chin and jawline acne. This makes me more insecure and inpatient to get these implants out.

Cost of explant

I spoke with Andrea, my PS assistant, and she gave me a quote for an explant with a lift which would be $4,600. That would include surgery and surgical center fees. I asked how much an explant with out a lift would be and Andrea told me she would call me back with a quote. I'm pleased with the price to say the least. I'm more nervous about what the results would be more than anything. I kick myself in the butt every time I think of why I got BA in the first place. However, maybe I would have been envious of those with big boobs if I didn't get the surgery and that I would have thought that I needed boobs to be beautiful. Now I know the truth and learned the hard way. If anything I've learned that our imperfections are what make us beautiful.